Wallyhorse

How the NFL should have had the 4:25 games Week 17

Here's how I would have done the 4:25 game so as much as possible viewers where they had games that mattered would get to see both games:

CBS:
PHI-WAS, CIN-PIT, OAK-KC and SF-LAR (I goofed here but that could have been worked around by in the Bay Area having one of OAK-KC or SF-LAR on the CW station there).

FOX:
CHI-MIN, CLE-BAL, ARZ-SEA and LAC-DEN (latter I would have made a 1:00 PM game along with OAK-KC even if it meant an 11:00 AM local start in Denver).

That to me would have made the most sense even if it meant multiple cross-flexes (two each way) to do it.

This would have meant viewers in Philly and the Twin Cities would get to see both Eagles-Redskins AND Bears-Vikings while viewers in Chicago would have gotten both Bears-Vikings and 49ers-Rams.

12 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Here's how I would have done the 4:25 game so as much as possible viewers where they had games that mattered would get to see both games:

CBS:
PHI-WAS, CIN-PIT, OAK-KC and LAR-SF 

FOX:
CHI-MIN, CLE-BAL, ARZ-SEA and LAC-DEN (latter I would have made a 1:00 PM game along with OAK-KC even if it meant an 11:00 AM local start in Denver).

That to me would have made the most sense even if it meant multiple cross-flexes (two each way) to do it.

This would have meant viewers in Philly and the Twin Cities would get to see both Eagles-Redskins AND Bears-Vikings while viewers in Chicago would have gotten both Bears-Vikings and 49ers-Rams.

Wallyhorse I can always count on you to dissect things and put your spin on it. I enjoy these man...Its just like that song.."Things that make you go HMM" lol

I believe the reason why the NFL goes with all divisional matchups in week 17 was in 2006, Fox had to switch many markets to the 49ers-Broncos game, due to results from earlier games. Having a all divisional schedule reduces that happening.

2 hours ago, DAWKAMANIA06 said:

Wallyhorse I can always count on you to dissect things and put your spin on it. I enjoy these man...Its just like that song.."Things that make you go HMM" lol

And I also goofed, forgetting you can't have OAK-KC & SF-LAR on the same network (though that could have been worked around by airing one of those two on the CW station there since CBS owns and operates most CW stations in cities where they also own and operate the CBS station), however, I also noted I would have kept OAK-KC at 1:00 and moved LAC-DEN to 1:00 PM and subjected fans in Denver to an 11:00 AM local kickoff for one week to make sure viewers in areas that have their game tied to CHI-MIN got to see that game in addition to their local game that would be on CBS (and likewise, viewers in Chicago getting LAR-SF on CBS where they are).