97is

bears aren't beating the Vikings

They have no incentive to win that game. A win means they get the Superbowl mvp.  A loss means they face kirk cousins...

You think anyone in Chicago wants to see the eagles over the Vikings?

I'm just glad we could go out like champs.

Does anyone on the planet think the Rams are losing to the 49ers?  Bears aren't going to go all out. Plus they are on the road.

Just now, 97is said:

Does anyone on the planet think the Rams are losing to the 49ers?

That depends. Are we talking round planet or flat planet?

39 minutes ago, 97is said:

They have no incentive to win that game. A win means they get the Superbowl mvp.  A loss means they face kirk cousins...

The Bears aren't taking the field Sunday with this in mind. They are playing for the bye and whatever happens happens.

If they are afraid of anybody then they are in trouble already.

2 minutes ago, 97is said:

Does anyone on the planet think the Rams are losing to the 49ers?  Bears aren't going to go all out. Plus they are on the road.

Divisional game? Without Gurley? It's still not likely but there's a chance. And regardless the Bears have to do their bit and see if they get a break. 

1 minute ago, 97is said:

The Bears can’t think like that. That’s not how football works. The NFL is an any given Sunday league. Bears will come to play, if you don’t see that, you’re crazy!

2 minutes ago, 97is said:

I highly doubt that. That is the mindset of a loser and something good coaches do not preach. If you have something to play for, you play for it.

Besides the obvious incentive of a first round bye, I'm a Bears fan, and I think the majority of us think the Eagles matchup is a better prospect than facing the Viqueens for a third time a week after losing to them. The Bears defense can handle Foles, and their offense will have a lot better chance for success against the Eagles defense than Minnesota's. Matt Nagy has already said the Bears are playing to win that game.

6 minutes ago, billwade said:

Besides the obvious incentive of a first round bye, I'm a Bears fan, and I think the majority of us think the Eagles matchup is a better prospect than facing the Viqueens for a third time a week after losing to them. The Bears defense can handle Foles, and their offense will have a lot better chance for success against the Eagles defense than Minnesota's. Matt Nagy has already said the Bears are playing to win that game.

Go ahead and win next week and we’ll see how well the Bears defense ‘handles’ Foles.  He just dismantled two of the best defenses in the league.  This guy  loves to be underestimated.

1 minute ago, The Norseman said:

Go ahead and win next week and we’ll see how well the Bears defense ‘handles’ Foles.  He just dismantled two of the best defenses in the league.  This guy  loves to be underestimated.

Did he? I'm not sure I'd consider either defense as two of the best in the league but I'm not using any kind of stats so maybe I'm wrong. 

12 minutes ago, 97is said:

You think anyone in Chicago wants to see the eagles over the Vikings?

I'm just glad we could go out like champs.

It's good to see you are consistent with your negative nitwit ways.

Factual statement - in the 2016 NFL season, going into Week 17 the Redskins had an 8-6-1 record with Kirk Cousins as their starting QB, and were playing their regular season finale home game against a team locked into its playoff seed (Giants).  The Redskins would make the playoffs with a win; they controlled their destiny.  Most people thought the Redskins, with so much to play for, would easily beat the Giants, a team that had nothing to play for.  However, the Redskins lost that game 19-10, with Cousins throwing a killer interception late in the game, and missed the playoffs.

In the NFL, ANYTHING can happen on a given Sunday.  All of the teams, even the bad teams, have some very good players, and can play very well at times, even when it appears they are playing for nothing more than pride.

Can I just add... What is the Bears record? Its a winning record right? Well that means Coupons will find a way to lose even if the Bears try to give them the game. 4-19 against teams over .500 people 4-19!!!

I will add on to that as well - The Vikings are a rival to the Bears and have been for years. How nice would it be to go into Dallas in week 17, knowing that if they win that game they are in the playoffs, and to take their dream away from them in front of their home town fans? It is the same feeling for the Bears against the Vikings.

That is why they made week 17 all division rival games - so scenarios like this will happen.

17 minutes ago, 97is said:

Division game - keeping Vikings out of  playoffs - bye possibility - home field throughout if NO loses their playoff game - playing in Chicago is big big big.

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Can I just add... What is the Bears record? Its a winning record right? Well that means Coupons will find a way to lose even if the Bears try to give them the game. 4-19 against teams over .500 people 4-19!!!

They’re 11-4. 

Just now, Pallidrone said:

I will add on to that as well - The Vikings are a rival to the Bears and have been for years. How nice would it be to go into Dallas in week 17, knowing that if they win that game they are in the playoffs, and to take their dream away from them in front of their home town fans? It is the same feeling for the Bears against the Vikings.

That is why they made week 17 all division rival games - so scenarios like this will happen.

Exactly. Because there are very few division games that mean nothing due to the rivalry. OK we had one against Dallas last year but those are rare and ultimately we wanted to rest our starters to give them an extra week to rest up and get ready. 

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

They’re 11-4. 

Yeah I know bud... I was doing it more to build to my point. They are 11-4 and thus have a winning record and therefore we know what that means for Coupons. 

21 minutes ago, 97is said:

Bears almost lost to 49ers. The QB was an idiot that didn't run for the easy first down