97is

bears aren't beating the Vikings

Recommended Posts

Just now, mike030270 said:

Bears almost lost to 49ers. The QB was an idiot that didn't run for the easy first down

49ers are no pushovers and I think they'd also love to hurt the Rams chances of going deep in the play offs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, billwade said:

Besides the obvious incentive of a first round bye, I'm a Bears fan, and I think the majority of us think the Eagles matchup is a better prospect than facing the Viqueens for a third time a week after losing to them. The Bears defense can handle Foles, and their offense will have a lot better chance for success against the Eagles defense than Minnesota's. Matt Nagy has already said the Bears are playing to win that game.

You normally don't want to face a division foe 3 times, that is true.  And if you get a chance to eliminate a division foe, you take it. 

 

The Bears will come to play.  But Vikings are both at home and will play with more urgency.  Not like Bears are gonna bust out fake punts and all that jazz, not when they can keep their best plays under wraps for next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dawkins4prez said:

You normally don't want to face a division foe 3 times, that is true.  And if you get a chance to eliminate a division foe, you take it. 

 

The Bears will come to play.  But Vikings are both at home and will play with more urgency.  Not like Bears are gonna bust out fake punts and all that jazz, not when they can keep their best plays under wraps for next week.

But they could win and potentially have a bye so that's got to be tempting. Plus the chance to knock out a division rival too. Sure the Vikings have more to lose and they will play with that urgency and fight. 

But I'll say again. Kirk Coupons is the Vikings QB. Nuff said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's just worry about beating the Redskins. Whatever else happens, happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The_Talon said:

Let's just worry about beating the Redskins. Whatever else happens, happens. 

Bottom line? If we miss out we only have ourselves to blame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why people think that the Vikings are lighting the world on fire. I mean, without a fluke hail mary at the end of the half they scored 20 points against the Lions. Woo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LaxPlayerX3 said:

I don't know why people think that the Vikings are lighting the world on fire. I mean, without a fluke hail mary at the end of the half they scored 20 points against the Lions. Woo?

I guess because their offense has played better since firing Flip? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Bottom line? If we miss out we only have ourselves to blame. 

Not really. Not with the screw job in Dallas and the absurd amount of injuries. Not many teams are making the playoffs with everything the Eagles have been through this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 97is said:

They have no incentive to win that game. A win means they get the Superbowl mvp.  A loss means they face kirk cousins...

 

You think anyone in Chicago wants to see the eagles over the Vikings?

 

I'm just glad we could go out like champs.

They have plenty of incentive. One..they are division rivals..so they arent gonna lay down and let the Vikings in. Two..they aren't going to let them win because they dont wsnt to give them any momentum going into Chicago the next week. The saints needed to lose ..and  they should have. The saints were down 3-0 ..went for it on 4th down from like the 50..the ball was incomplete in the endzone and the ref threw the flag for defensive p.i. the steeler defender did nothing to get that call..after the ball fell to the turf..the ref threw the flag. The saints got the ball on the 1 and punched it in for the t.d. ..sickening. The league wants the saints to get home field. And the steelers lost by 2 points. Had that call not been made..the steelers couldve went up 10-0. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess because their offense has played better since firing Flip? 

They are a good all around team.  But they will be facing a great D - I think it is another low scoring game and hope the Bears play to the end.  All three games that matter for Eagles fans begin at 4:25 Eastern - I wish the Bears/Vikings was an early game, but it will be a fun afternoon as long as the Eagles are winning and the Vikings are losing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Not really. Not with the screw job in Dallas and the absurd amount of injuries. Not many teams are making the playoffs with everything the Eagles have been through this year.

Sure the screw job in Dallas but there's also the Titans and Panthers collapse and the Fitzmagic tragedy.

We have no one to blame but ourselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Not really. Not with the screw job in Dallas and the absurd amount of injuries. Not many teams are making the playoffs with everything the Eagles have been through this year.

Losing 17 point leads to both Tennessee and Carolina are what put the Eagles in this situation.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

Not really. Not with the screw job in Dallas and the absurd amount of injuries. Not many teams are making the playoffs with everything the Eagles have been through this year.

I mean, in the second Cowboys game, if the offense was remotely competent for all 4 quarters we would've walked away with that game pretty handily. Considering we barely eclipsed 20 minutes TOP in that game we had no business winning realistically. Although if the offense didn't lay an egg in that game, Wentz being pulled for the season may not have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if you guys remember but the bears had this exact scenario 8 years ago. They were headed to the playoffs with the option to rest their starters or play hard and try to keep the packers out of the playoffs. They decided to rest, let the packers in, got beat by the packers in the NFCCG and then had to watch the packers win the SB. 

Yeah, doubt they want a repeat of that nightmare. Not only that, this time they have something important to play for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That depends. Are we talking round planet or flat planet?

Depends who you ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other benefit of this whole scenario, is that we get to laugh at the Vikings for the second year in a row. Blow them out at home in the NFCCG and then win the SB in their stadium. Then this season we have the potential to take their playoff spot. Oh, how sweet that would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

Let's just worry about beating the Redskins. Whatever else happens, happens. 

It's more fun to think of the other stuff as well - I'll leave the one game focus to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Br3 said:

Not sure if you guys remember but the bears had this exact scenario 8 years ago. They were headed to the playoffs with the option to rest their starters or play hard and try to keep the packers out of the playoffs. They decided to rest, let the packers in, got beat by the packers in the NFCCG and then had to watch the packers win the SB. 

Yeah, doubt they want a repeat of that nightmare. 

Lets hope learning from the past means something.  It is is short supply recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DAWKAMANIA06 said:

All I have to say is..remember 2008.  Anything can happen!! Stay positive people!

Right in 2008 they needed 3 different things to happen with the 1pm games. All we need is 1 thing to happen, it is not that far fetched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FOLESMVP9 said:

Right in 2008 they needed 3 different things to happen with the 1pm games. All we need is 1 thing to happen, it is not that far fetched.

You really fooled us with your new screen name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t get this whole ‘they have nothing to play for’ mentality people keep throwing around for the Bears 

since when is having to play 3 playoff games better than potentially playing 2 at home ?

then again, expecting anything logical or positive from 97is was foolish on my part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 97is said:

Does anyone on the planet think the Rams are losing to the 49ers?  Bears aren't going to go all out. Plus they are on the road.

Don't count the Niners out.  Their defense has been real lately.

The Bears struggled against the Niners. 

Seattle lost against the Niners.  

The Rams are 1-2 over the last 3 games.

Anything is possible.

That being stated.......

I really think the Bears would rather play the Vikings in the first round of the playoffs than the Eagles at this point.....SO THEY SIT THEIR STARTERS at the first point where it looks like the Rams are going to win.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now