97is

bears aren't beating the Vikings

31 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But they could win and potentially have a bye so that's got to be tempting. Plus the chance to knock out a division rival too. Sure the Vikings have more to lose and they will play with that urgency and fight. 

But I'll say again. Kirk Coupons is the Vikings QB. Nuff said. 

It is not TEMPTING to have a shot at the bye.  IT IS DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO GET IT.  THE BYE is critical and you do whatever to get it.

The Bears will be playing to win FOR SURE.    

And so will we.  

1 hour ago, 97is said:

They have no incentive to win that game. A win means they get the Superbowl mvp.  A loss means they face kirk cousins...

You think anyone in Chicago wants to see the eagles over the Vikings?

I'm just glad we could go out like champs.

Guaranteed Bears win now. Thanks.

I got a feeling that the NFL is on the Nick Foles feel good story wagon... If the Vikings go into the playoffs, it doesn't have the same glamour nor would it get the TV ratings/viewers that could be gained from a St Nick miracle number 2 story. I expect the REFS to help out the Bears quite a bit vs the Vikings in order to help pave way for St Nick and the Eagles to make the playoffs.

Bears winning this and Eagles taking care of business vs the Skins...

Playoffs, here we come, all on board the ST NICK EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, 97is said:

They have no incentive to win that game. A win means they get the Superbowl mvp.  A loss means they face kirk cousins...

You think anyone in Chicago wants to see the eagles over the Vikings?

I'm just glad we could go out like champs.

They have no incentive to win the game. You cant be serious. . .

They have every incentive to win the game because if the Rams lose --which they wont know as all the games are being played at the same time. They get a #2 seed versus #3. So they have energy incentive to win. Just like the Rams. They are both playing for seeding. Unless the Rams come out and say they are resting their starters this week, which they have not done yet.

And the 49ers have been playing tough so that's not a gimmie to the Rams. 

Some of yall need to go outside, drink some water and Relax.  All this negative, gallows energy is ridiculous.

44 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But they could win and potentially have a bye so that's got to be tempting. Plus the chance to knock out a division rival too. Sure the Vikings have more to lose and they will play with that urgency and fight. 

But I'll say again. Kirk Coupons is the Vikings QB. Nuff said. 

IMO the biggest motivation for Bears is more directly tied to their season goals.  Bears are not exactly a SB fave this year, but they are very much trying to establish themselves as the kings in the North.  Taking out Minny not only gives them bragging rights for this year, it throws thier #1 rival into panic and chaos going into next year.

So, yes i think Bears will come to play.  On the road and with less urgency is the problem.  Let's face it, if Khalil Mack twists his ankle in the 1st qtr, he isn't coming back. 

Hey anybody wants to get optimistic just think this:

If we were in same situation as Bears heading into Dallas fighting for a spot, we would absolutely definitely try to take them out.  The #2 seed would just be a lame excuse to gut them.

16 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Hey anybody wants to get optimistic just think this:

If we were in same situation as Bears heading into Dallas fighting for a spot, we would absolutely definitely try to take them out.  The #2 seed would just be a lame excuse to gut them.

1) seeding always seeding where the bye is concerned

2) desire not to play a dangerous opponent; all div opponents in the playoffs are dangerous; we have first hand experience with that

3) then you get to because it is DallAss and you want to lay the wood just because.

This is the reality. 

Why is this 97is always posting this doom and gloom crap?  Is he a closet Cowpie fan?   I am far from Green koolaide drinking fan but for cripes sake enjoy the moment dude.  Merry Christmas.

Amazing that some of you still haven't figured out the method to op's madness.  Just roll with it and hope this thread works some magic.   :lol:

2 hours ago, vaff84 said:

Not really. Not with the screw job in Dallas and the absurd amount of injuries. Not many teams are making the playoffs with everything the Eagles have been through this year.

And what about the blown games against Carolina and Tennessee that we had under control? 

Vikings at home having righted the O ship with it all on the line against a team that is in no matter what?  It's 0-0 as I write this, but Chicago winning would be a surprise to me.  Go out on a high note and figure out how to stop throwing H games away in 2019 the best way for the Birds to get themselves right mentally again.

2 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

So, yes i think Bears will come to play.  On the road and with less urgency is the problem.  Let's face it, if Khalil Mack twists his ankle in the 1st qtr, he isn't coming back. 

Yeah that's absolutely fair. They aren't going to do things to their play off detriment. 

3 hours ago, 97is said:

Does anyone on the planet think the Rams are losing to the 49ers?  Bears aren't going to go all out. Plus they are on the road.

Have you seen the Rams the last few weeks?  Goff isn't the same and Gurley is nicked up.  49ers have been playing hard, and would love to stick it to a division rival.

2 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

Vikings at home having righted the O ship with it all on the line against a team that is in no matter what?  It's 0-0 as I write this, but Chicago winning would be a surprise to me.  Go out on a high note and figure out how to stop throwing H games away in 2019 the best way for the Birds to get themselves right mentally again.

So they beat up on a poor Dolphins defense and now their offense is going to set the world on fire?

Take away their run game and Cousins is pretty much toast.

There's a certain mindset a team needs heading into the playoffs.  Being Nancy Boys and worrying about injuries is not at the top of the list.  I predict the Bears will bring their A game, and I haven't seen anything from Cousins to indicate he's the guy to lead Minny to a playoff run.  A Viking choke job is definitely something we have seen quite a few times in the past, would be totally within the team's character to do so again on Sunday.

6 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

You normally don't want to face a division foe 3 times, that is true.  And if you get a chance to eliminate a division foe, you take it. 

The Bears will come to play.  But Vikings are both at home and will play with more urgency.  Not like Bears are gonna bust out fake punts and all that jazz, not when they can keep their best plays under wraps for next week.

I don't disagree with you. My point is the Bears aren't rolling over and have several incentives to play to win. Plus, I wasn't aware that Nagy and Pederson are friends. Apparently a phone call has already been made. The Eagles still have a punchers chance of making the playoffs.

6 hours ago, Jeep_Man said:

I got a feeling that the NFL is on the Nick Foles feel good story wagon... If the Vikings go into the playoffs, it doesn't have the same glamour nor would it get the TV ratings/viewers that could be gained from a St Nick miracle number 2 story. I expect the REFS to help out the Bears quite a bit vs the Vikings in order to help pave way for St Nick and the Eagles to make the playoffs.

It’s not as crazy as it sounds.  I’ll admit. 

8 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

They are playing for a 1st round bye if they win, no?

To quote Boon in Animal House, "Forget it, he’s rolling!”

8 hours ago, 97is said:

Does anyone on the planet think the Rams are losing to the 49ers?  Bears aren't going to go all out. Plus they are on the road.

They also don't want to have to face the Vikings again and can knock them out with a win.  Plus, there is that matter of a bye that is HUGE as it means playing a Divisional game at home (think they would love to have the Rams come back to Chicago?). 

6 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

They also don't want to have to face the Vikings again and can knock them out with a win.  Plus, there is that matter of a bye that is HUGE as it means playing a Divisional game at home (think they would love to have the Rams come back to Chicago?). 

I think teams will, and most definitely should, look to what LA tried to do last year. In trying to set themselves up with an apparently more favourable tie against us they ended up being one and done in the play offs. At this time of year you've just got to keep on winning. That's a very good habit to get in to. 

8 hours ago, Jeep_Man said:

You are right about the NFL..they like the teams that will get them the most ratings. The Eagles with Foles is a great story line. Just like they helped the Saints yesterday with that bogus P.I call early in the game. Just like the Refs screwed us in Dallas 3 weeks ago because they want dallas in.. If the Eagles are winning late in the game..you better believe those refs are gonna get the word to sway the Bears way. Its gonna happen dude. I can feel it..the Eagles are getting in. And the St Nick saga continues! And I LOVE IT!!! Great time to be an Eagles Fan!!