97is

bears aren't beating the Vikings

2 minutes ago, DAWKAMANIA06 said:

And the St Nick saga continues! And I LOVE IT!!! Great time to be an Eagles Fan!!

Amen brother... We all have boarded the St Nick Train... Lets go get it...

5 minutes ago, Jeep_Man said:

Amen brother... We all have boarded the St Nick Train... Lets go get it...

Yes we have. The dude is something special. I have confidence he can beat anyone.  I havent ever had confidence in any other Eagles QB like I do with St Nick. And his teammates believe in him too..you can tell their confidence is through the roof when hes in there, They feel like they can beat anyone!! LETS GET IT BROTHER!!

11 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Hey anybody wants to get optimistic just think this:

If we were in same situation as Bears heading into Dallas fighting for a spot, we would absolutely definitely try to take them out.  The #2 seed would just be a lame excuse to gut them.

This was the very same situation we actually were in against in Dallas in 2010 I believe. We had them week 17 and if we win we had a chance at the 2nd seed and if we lost we would be playing Dallas again following week in the playoffs. We ended up putting out a stinker week 17 getting shut out and lost all momentum then lose to them again the following week in the playoffs. 

I don’t think the bears want to face the Vikings first week in the playoffs after losing to them week 17

If they think about it, the Bears have multiple reasons to be motivated.

That doesn't necessarily mean that they won't come out flat.  They might.  And the Vikings will be as motivated as they know how to be.  Bu the Bears are the better team.

8 hours ago, wtfcares said:

This was the very same situation we actually were in against in Dallas in 2010 I believe. We had them week 17 and if we win we had a chance at the 2nd seed and if we lost we would be playing Dallas again following week in the playoffs. We ended up putting out a stinker week 17 getting shut out and lost all momentum then lose to them again the following week in the playoffs. 

I don’t think the bears want to face the Vikings first week in the playoffs after losing to them week 17

Not true.  2010 was when we had the snowstorm that delayed what was the Sunday night game (why other than it being possibly Brett Favre's last road game was that game put on SNF in the first place) against a Vikings team out of the playoffs to Tuesday night (that storm dumped a foot of snow in Philly and 28" in New York, a storm that originally was forecast to be "mainly 1-3 inches" by most until it exploded on Christmas Eve which actually led to stations ever since having live newscasts other than only at 11:00 PM on Christmas Day).  Eagles lost that game, making the game against the Cowboys they had to play on only four days rest meaningless.   It was not moved to Monday because of ESPN having Monday Night Football and as I remember might have actually been moved to MNF as part of a DH with Saints-Falcons (the scheduled Monday Nighter on ESPN that week) except that was just before Comcast was to take over NBC and Jeff Zucker (then-NBC Universal Chairman) was on his way out at NBC, with any compensation the NFL would have had to give NBC for such a move occurring after Zucker left NBC (which was part of the deal for Comcast getting NBC).  The NFL I believe didn't want to have Zucker raising hell on them (many fans of NBC shows had the term "Mother Zucker" for him because he was that hated by many such fans) so that was why the Eagles got screwed there.

22 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

The Bears will come to play. 

Agree.

But Vikings are both at home and will play with more urgency.

Let's hope it's as urgently as last year  against us!  

23 hours ago, 97is said:

They have no incentive to win that game. A win means they get the Superbowl mvp.  A loss means they face kirk cousins...

You think anyone in Chicago wants to see the eagles over the Vikings?

I'm just glad we could go out like champs.

If I were the Bears I’d rather play the Vikings. That said, if the Birds miss the playoffs the champs are actually going out like chumps. Merry Christmas fellas. 😁

Does anyone think Cousins can actually win this game? 

15 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

If I were the Bears I’d rather play the Vikings. That said, if the Birds miss the playoffs the champs are actually going out like chumps. Merry Christmas fellas. 😁

Bears are more concerned with getting a bye and playing NO ONE in the first round and instead waiting to host the Rams, Cowboys or Seahawks in the second round. 

4 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Not true.  2010 was when we had the snowstorm that delayed what was the Sunday night game (why other than it being possibly Brett Favre's last road game was that game put on SNF in the first place) against a Vikings team out of the playoffs to Tuesday night (that storm dumped a foot of snow in Philly and 28" in New York, a storm that originally was forecast to be "mainly 1-3 inches" by most until it exploded on Christmas Eve which actually led to stations ever since having live newscasts other than only at 11:00 PM on Christmas Day).  Eagles lost that game, making the game against the Cowboys they had to play on only four days rest meaningless.   It was not moved to Monday because of ESPN having Monday Night Football and as I remember might have actually been moved to MNF as part of a DH with Saints-Falcons (the scheduled Monday Nighter on ESPN that week) except that was just before Comcast was to take over NBC and Jeff Zucker (then-NBC Universal Chairman) was on his way out at NBC, with any compensation the NFL would have had to give NBC for such a move occurring after Zucker left NBC (which was part of the deal for Comcast getting NBC).  The NFL I believe didn't want to have Zucker raising hell on them (many fans of NBC shows had the term "Mother Zucker" for him because he was that hated by many such fans) so that was why the Eagles got screwed there.

Right. My apologies I was thinking of the 2009 season. 

I believe the Bears coach was quoted as saying even if the Eagles aren't going to scoreboard watch he is.  If SF-LA gets out of hand in the Rams favor he will pull his starters after the half.

Something to think about....................

6 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Chumps? They fought till the end. Going out as a chump would be missing a month of football for a bruised thigh after your team was obviously out of the running for anything meaningful. That's would be the definition of a chump.

2 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

I believe the Bears coach was quoted as saying even if the Eagles aren't going to scoreboard watch he is.  If SF-LA gets out of hand in the Rams favor he will pull his starters after the half.

Something to think about....................

But Nagy was also asked about if Chicago plans to pull their starters if they see the Rams get out to a big lead on the 49ers and it’s clear there’s nothing more to play for. He didn’t rule out the possibility.

NAGY: You have to be realistic in some of this. I don’t know what that number [of points] is, or where it’s at [in the game]. It’s going to be hard because you’re so focused in on your own game. I don’t even know where they flash the scores at in our own stadium with the games. So we’ll have a plan in regards to being smart. You’ve got to be smart about it. If it’s a complete blowout, and word gets to me about that, then we have to figure out what the best thing is for us. But we’re trying to, we’re going to win this football game. I don’t know want our guys, our coaches, our players, or anybody thinking any different. But it’s such a unique situation, that I think it can it can be, any way you look at, it can be criticized some any angle. So, I don’t know if there’s 100% a right answer other than saying we’re doing everything we can to possibly win. And then, I think it’s one of those deals where as you go you just kind of got to get a feel of your own game, and you’ve got to get a feel of what’s going on in that game. Because that other game does matter with the Rams.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/12/24/18155251/bears-head-coach-matt-nagy-eagles-playoff-picture-good-bad-news-philadelphia-rest-starters-vikings

For me I want to see if in a pressure game Cousins can come away with a win.   So far this season this has not been the case as he is  0-5 against teams with winning records.  In the 4th quarter of everyone of those games Cousins has made turnovers that have cost his team. be it a pick six or costly fumble he has choked it away.  This is his history as a starter.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:22 PM, DAWKAMANIA06 said:

Yes we have. The dude is something special. I have confidence he can beat anyone.  I havent ever had confidence in any other Eagles QB like I do with St Nick. And his teammates believe in him too..you can tell their confidence is through the roof when hes in there, They feel like they can beat anyone!! LETS GET IT BROTHER!!

More to the point - the special Nick Foles is special.  I've said it many times - Foles is more effective when he comes in fresh mid or late season.  We've all seen what the good Nick Foles can deliver.  There has also been a bad Nick Foles.  Whether or not he's begun to master the remedy for that, and keep in his zen mode as his career continues remains to be seen.  That is HIS next big mountain to climb.

11 hours ago, Procus said:

More to the point - the special Nick Foles is special.  I've said it many times - Foles is more effective when he comes in fresh mid or late season.  We've all seen what the good Nick Foles can deliver.  There has also been a bad Nick Foles.  Whether or not he's begun to master the remedy for that, and keep in his zen mode as his career continues remains to be seen.  That is HIS next big mountain to climb.

I keep seeing people say this, but is this same thing not true of almost every QB in the league outside maybe 3 guys? Didnt the Giants win 2 superbowls and have a franchise QB who will probably be a hall of famer who this perfectly describes?

56 minutes ago, boogyman said:

I keep seeing people say this, but is this same thing not true of almost every QB in the league outside maybe 3 guys? Didnt the Giants win 2 superbowls and have a franchise QB who will probably be a hall of famer who this perfectly describes?

True Eli Manning has had his ups and downs - and that could keep from the Hall.  At the end of the day, there is a reason why Foles has not been a starting QB since his unfortunate Jeff Fisher experience, and he does need to show he can put together a complete season.  Eli Manning has done that repeatedly.  Foles has not done it even once.

I'm a Foles fan, but I'm also keeping it real.

7 minutes ago, Procus said:

True Eli Manning has had his ups and downs - and that could keep from the Hall.  At the end of the day, there is a reason why Foles has not been a starting QB since his unfortunate Jeff Fisher experience, and he does need to show he can put together a complete season.  Eli Manning has done that repeatedly.  Foles has not done it even once.

I'm a Foles fan, but I'm also keeping it real.

I'm just saying having bad games and streaks is part of every QBs resume except the absolute most elite. To say Foles cant be a good starter because of "bad Foles" is to say almost every starting QB is not qualified. 

Now I am not saying he would be a sure thing or even that I would be even surprised if he struggled as a regular starter. Many more ore fail than succeed, it is the nature of the job. Just saying I dont see why he wouldn't be given the chance by quite a few teams. Tons of players have been given multiple chances that have shown much, much less.

He does need to show a complete season, but to do that he also needs to be given a job as a starter ool.

16 hours ago, bears6385 said:

For me I want to see if in a pressure game Cousins can come away with a win.   So far this season this has not been the case as he is  0-5 against teams with winning records.  In the 4th quarter of everyone of those games Cousins has made turnovers that have cost his team. be it a pick six or costly fumble he has choked it away.  This is his history as a starter.

Yeah that's why i say biggest motivation for Bears is what this win would do going forward in the NFC North.  If Cousins can't get this win, the Vikes have a MAJOR confidence issue for the forseeable future.

18 hours ago, Procus said:

You are right.as a starter here in 2014 he had a 6-2 record before breaking his collar bone. If we get in the playoffs and he makes some noise..the Eagles are gonna have a big decision to make. They can't overlook what hes done. They way he led the eagles down field for the walkoff fg against the Texans after getting blasted. That pass to agholor was perfect. Not to mention he broke the eagles single game passing record. 

On 12/26/2018 at 5:49 PM, cowboy30 said:

Think bears handle both teams wildcard weekend, but Philly is definitely the tougher matchup.

I would not be surprised if the Rams rest Gurley again to make sure he's right for the playoffs after CJ Anderson went off last week.  

Bears would rather get the Rams, Cowboys, Seahawks or Eagles at home in the Divisional Round. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:29 PM, wtfcares said:

This was the very same situation we actually were in against in Dallas in 2010. We had them week 17 and if we win we had a chance at the 2nd seed and if we lost we would be playing Dallas again following week in the playoffs. We ended up putting out a stinker week 17 getting shut out and lost all momentum then lost to them again the following week in the playoffs. 

I haven't forgotten, although I think it was 2009. Those were McNabb's last 2 games as an Eagle . . . a complete & utter embarrassment.

I think both games combined for a loss of 58 - 14. And McNabb was playing the 'air Guitar' in the tunnel in Dallas.    :facepalm: 

2 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

And McNabb was playing the 'air Guitar' in the tunnel in Dallas.    :facepalm: 

I love McNabb but I was genuinely embarrassed for him at that moment.

I believe I wasn't the only Eagle fan that felt that way either.

16 hours ago, Quiet Boy said:

I love McNabb but I was genuinely embarrassed for him at that moment.

I believe I wasn't the only Eagle fan that felt that way either.

I was more embarrassed for us Eagle fans.   He looked ridiculous and the act was not only contrived but inappropriate, considering how bad they looked the week before.   He should have had his game face on.   He was acting like a clown, all cocky for no good reason.   And then to follow that up with another bad game made it somehow even worse.

On 12/27/2018 at 5:58 PM, Wallyhorse said:

I would not be surprised if the Rams rest Gurley again to make sure he's right for the playoffs after CJ Anderson went off last week.  

Bears would rather get the Rams, Cowboys, Seahawks or Eagles at home in the Divisional Round. 

Called it