wrestlevessel

WFAN Claims the Giants Should Get Foles or Wentz from us

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sturm said:

Just Imagine all the picks we can get from a team like the Raiders for Wentz, that team you build around Foles. New Left Tackle, RB and Speedy WR all from round 1. The thought is crazy.

 

I still don't like it. I still think Wentz is the better option long term. And I will continue to feel that way until Foles proves himself over a full year. However if he wins the SB this year then its his team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sturm said:

Just Imagine all the picks we can get from a team like the Raiders for Wentz, that team you build around Foles. New Left Tackle, RB and Speedy WR all from round 1. The thought is crazy.

 

Great and then in two years from now when Foles is done we go thru a Kevin Kolb Sam Bradford decade while Wentz goes to 8 more pro bowls 

 

gtfo 

 

Wentz isn’t going anywhere Wentz is franchise deal with it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I'm not so sure that's 100% the case anymore. I mean I really am not sure anymore. 

If Nick gets us deep into the playoffs, there is a conversation to be had, and if he wins a Super Bowl, hard decisions will be on the horizon, but there is still things to consider.

1.  You have to recoup the value of Carson Wentz you gave up in the trade to acquire him.  If you do not at least break even you can not do it.

2.  How much longer is Nick Foles going to play, if he will only commit for 3 more years, do you give up Carson Wentz who will play for 10 years.

3.  If the situation does not work out, does Nick Foles walk away during his contract knowing he has already accomplished enough and has no reason to play.

4.  Based on the above, what type of contract do you give Nick, what protections do you put in it for the team, and when do you look at drafting the QB of the future.

I think the 4 items above put the Eagles in to many unknowns and they would not be able to pull the trigger on trading Wentz.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

Great and then in two years from now when Foles is done we go thru a Kevin Kolb Sam Bradford decade while Wentz goes to 8 more pro bowls 

 

gtfo 

 

Wentz isn’t going anywhere Wentz is franchise deal with it 

No Sir, I will not "gtfo" this is a discussion about a hard topic right now that we need to face. If We do sneak into the playoffs it will be on the back of Nick's shoulders. The Deeper we go the more real it looks. You can't deny that. I am still in awestruck now blind some of the fan base is in not seeing how well this team plays with Nick and now much better Doug coaches. He trusts Nick a lot more than Carson right now. (that can change of course)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wrestlevessel said:

NY Sports Radio WFAN is stirring up trouble acting like the Giants will takes Foles or Wentz from us.

This guy again. Shut up. 

As others have said, there is a 0% chance Wentz gets traded and if there was a number less than 0%, those would be the chances of him going to the Giants. The Eagles are not trading him, they’re definitely NOT trading him to a division rival, and the rebuilding Giants aren’t giving their biggest nemesis 2 first rounders plus (figure that’s just the starting point) so they can restock their roster. Just stop it. 

Foles is obviously a possibility, but also a longshot. First they would have to cut Eli and then redirect all, if not more, of those cap savings to Foles. 

16 hours ago, mike030270 said:

I'd actually feel betrayed if he went to a rival

All that said above, if Foles did decide to sign with the Giants or Skins, could you blame him for wanting a starting gig and the big contract? Dude’s earned it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to the Giants, my guess is they let Eli play out his contract, use their high first rounder on a tackle (stick him on the right side for a year or two), select a QB in next years draft and sign a vet to hold down the fort until the new guy is ready. The other option is to select a guy like Haskins if he’s available and let him sit behind Eli for a year (unless he beats him out in camp). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Sturm said:

No Sir, I will not "gtfo" this is a discussion about a hard topic right now that we need to face. If We do sneak into the playoffs it will be on the back of Nick's shoulders. The Deeper we go the more real it looks. You can't deny that. I am still in awestruck now blind some of the fan base is in not seeing how well this team plays with Nick and now much better Doug coaches. He trusts Nick a lot more than Carson right now. (that can change of course)

No matter how much you or any other fans fantasize about the possibility, Carson Wentz isn't going anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Don Corleone said:

Carson Wentz isn't going anywhere.

You are telling me "IF" we get into the playoffs and Nick takes us on another run for another victory you still let him go?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sturm said:

You are telling me "IF" we get into the playoffs and Nick takes us on another run for another victory you still let him go?

"If if's and buts were candy and nuts, wouldn't it be a Merry Christmas?" I'll cross that bridge if/when we get there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I'm not so sure that's 100% the case anymore. I mean I really am not sure anymore. 

I can't believe you're saying it either. Not gonna happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sturm said:

No Sir, I will not "gtfo" this is a discussion about a hard topic right now that we need to face. If We do sneak into the playoffs it will be on the back of Nick's shoulders. The Deeper we go the more real it looks. You can't deny that. I am still in awestruck now blind some of the fan base is in not seeing how well this team plays with Nick and now much better Doug coaches. He trusts Nick a lot more than Carson right now. (that can change of course)

I’ll bet your account Wentz is our QB next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

Carson Wentz isn't going anywhere.

Odd tweet, no? That’s not exactly a murders row list of QBs. Accumulating those stats in the first 3 seasons doesn’t mean much. It’s all about Wentz staying healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

 

All that said above, if Foles did decide to sign with the Giants or Skins, could you blame him for wanting a starting gig and the big contract? Dude’s earned it. 

I'd be half and half. He's definitely earned it but I hope he doesn't stay in the division so I can root for him if it's not against Eagles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Carson Wentz isn't going anywhere.

Interesting.....

Peyton - 48 Games

Marino - 41 Games

Dalton - 48 Games

Carr -  47 Games

Palmer - 45 Games

Garcia -  42 Games

Wentz - 40 Games

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Plache said:

Because all men want to have family money instead of their own.... He's a professional, you go where they will pay you.  It's probably not going to be here. 

Foles has money, not as much as Sam Bradford😉 but Foles has made some cash in his career.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I’ll bet your account Wentz is our QB next year

How does that even add to the argument? This is a conversation 2 Eagle fans are having about there Favorite QB..but if we are going that route.

I bet you 1 million doll hairs Nick gets another Superbowl in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 4:51 PM, mike030270 said:

I'd actually feel betrayed if he went to a rival

After Jeffery Lurie threw him away twice? (If that happens)

Foles can play for the Giants, Cowboys, or DC and I will have ZERO problem with him doing what’s best for him AFTER he brought a Super Bowl to Philly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, downundermike said:

If Nick gets us deep into the playoffs, there is a conversation to be had, and if he wins a Super Bowl, hard decisions will be on the horizon, but there is still things to consider.

1.  You have to recoup the value of Carson Wentz you gave up in the trade to acquire him.  If you do not at least break even you can not do it.

2.  How much longer is Nick Foles going to play, if he will only commit for 3 more years, do you give up Carson Wentz who will play for 10 years.

3.  If the situation does not work out, does Nick Foles walk away during his contract knowing he has already accomplished enough and has no reason to play.

4.  Based on the above, what type of contract do you give Nick, what protections do you put in it for the team, and when do you look at drafting the QB of the future.

I think the 4 items above put the Eagles in to many unknowns and they would not be able to pull the trigger on trading Wentz.

 

I can see it now... We trade Wentz, he goes to wherever it is and he is the player we all know him to be. And we keep Foles and he shows us the player we all know he can be... The bad Foles! I can just see it now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Carson Wentz isn't going anywhere.

That's some pretty good company to be amongst! Not bad for a guy who's apparently been really bad this year is it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Utebird said:

Foles has money, not as much as Sam Bradford😉 but Foles has made some cash in his career.

 

LOL, I know that...but you know the competitor in him wants to start.  I don't begrudge him the chance to start on any team, even if it's a division rival for a few years.  He'll probably get a huge 2-3 year deal.  The man did more for us as a fanbase than any QB in Iggle history......I'll root for him (as long as he's not playing against the Eagles) no matter where he goes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Don Corleone said:

Carson Wentz isn't going anywhere.

Somebody might want to tell Zach that Carson Palmer only had 5,739 passing yards and 50 TDs in his first three years. He didn't play at all in 2003.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now