wrestlevessel

WFAN Claims the Giants Should Get Foles or Wentz from us

I saw a bunch of Jags fans on one of the nfl facebook posts saying they want Jags to give him a blank check

21 hours ago, skippyx said:

After Jeffery Lurie threw him away twice? (If that happens)

Foles can play for the Giants, Cowboys, or DC and I will have ZERO problem with him doing what’s best for him AFTER he brought a Super Bowl to Philly.

How did Lurie throw him away? He gave the reigns to Chip. And Lurie wont be throwing him away this time IMO either because he cost 20 million and we have Wentz. I'm still hoping he stays with us for cheaper though as a backup.

Agree to disagree on him going to a rival

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:45 PM, TheGodfather said:

NY sports radio's are so fn stupid

They're owned by the same people who own WIP.

Go figure.

On 12/28/2018 at 6:45 PM, TheGodfather said:

NY sports radio's are so fn stupid

8 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

They're owned by the same people who own WIP.

Go figure.

Makes total sense. They are almost exactly the same.

You have to be an absolute moron to put any credence into what moderators on sports talk radio say.  Absolute moron.

Really? If Foles doesn't get retained by the Eagles, this time he has a say to where he goes. Unlike before. Who in their right mind would want to deal with a locker room cancer like ODB?  Foles would never be happy there. And his liking where he plays and for who is HUGE  for him .First and foremost for his own contentment. Secondly, it is  clearly obvious that he plays at his best when he is happy within the enviorment that he is playing ...Eagles vs Rams. So the Giants are not a place where I can see him wanting to go. Nor is it an enviorment where I think he can have success. 

I don't see that happening.  For one, he has a large say in where he goes this time around as I mentioned in another thread. 

Secondly, regardless to the talent they may have, Nick has to feel that the enviorment in which he plays , is right for him, to play relaxed ,to have success. We've witnessed the difference to that belief.

He had success as an Eagle, before he was traded. He had nothing but failure and misery when with the Rams. Back in Eagles land he has had nothing but success. 

ODB would be hard for Foles to adjust to in the best of times .Always running his mouth for one reason or another. I don't see that as a good landing place at all for  him. Besides, I do think Foles would take into consideration  of not wanting to play for a divisional rival. Money is not his motivational factor....that many fans on these boards deem to think it should be, just because it would be for them.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:07 PM, Plache said:

Nobody in their right mind would turn down life altering money merely because it's a division rival of a team that let you walk away --- that's not how life works.  I wouldn't like it for sure, but betrayed?  That's a bit strong.  

Well money is not the motivating factor that it might be for most athletes today, that makes Foles tick. He lives in a different type of universe. One that has faith, family and then football as his motivating factors in that order. So I guess by your assumptions, Foles wouldn't be in his right mind. Given that money isn't the first thing he deems important to him.

Than all I can say, is thank God than, that he isn't in his right mind. 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:07 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Odd tweet, no? That’s not exactly a murders row list of QBs. Accumulating those stats in the first 3 seasons doesn’t mean much. It’s all about Wentz staying healthy. 

The 800 pd gorilla in the room, that no one wants to bring into the equation . Or conversation. But so far he has not been able to finish two seasons without sustaining serious injury, in one form or another. But it is something to be concerned about, and I for one am.

This unwavering conviction to Carson really has me baffled. I understand that he has great upside. But unless that upside becomes productivity on the field of play  for an entire season and hopefully beyond , than it means diddly squat . 

So the question remains, do you let a productive back up go ? Or do you find a way to renegociate his contract to retain him , at least until you see if your franchise QB can make it through one season to the next without sustaining more injuries. 

When I think of the beating that Eli has taken over the course of his career (what 11 yrs at least now) and yet has not missed a single game due to injury just makes the durability of Wentz all the more concerning for me.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:04 PM, Utebird said:

Foles has money, not as much as Sam Bradford😉 but Foles has made some cash in his career.

I've no doubt that his dad has taught him how to invest wisely.  I think I read in his book "Believe" that he is invested in the food industry. So a big payday for someone else may not be seen as a must have for Foles.

On 12/28/2018 at 8:30 PM, skippyx said:

After Jeffery Lurie threw him away twice? (If that happens)

Foles can play for the Giants, Cowboys, or DC and I will have ZERO problem with him doing what’s best for him AFTER he brought a Super Bowl to Philly.

Lurie didn't throw Foles away; Chip did.

17 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Lurie didn't throw Foles away; Chip did.

Lurie may not have made the initial decision to trade Foles.But make no mistake, he does have to approve the decisions being made for the team. 

1 hour ago, back2nj said:

Lurie may not have made the initial decision to trade Foles.But make no mistake, he does have to approve the decisions being made for the team. 

Lurie also had chance to force Howie to trade Foles to Browns for 35th (or 33rd) overall pick, but he didn't and instead Foles was given opportunities for bonuses.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:26 AM, Procus said:

You have to be an absolute moron to put any credence into what moderators on sports talk radio say.  Absolute moron.

Did you see who started the thread? 

1 hour ago, BKLYNYG said:

Did you see who started the thread? 

Is that the same guy who loses his ish whenever the Giants so much as win back to back games because he talks all kinds of smack to Giants fans and fears backlash when the Giants actually look almost decent?

5 hours ago, vincent_NJG said:

Is that the same guy who loses his ish whenever the Giants so much as win back to back games because he talks all kinds of smack to Giants fans and fears backlash when the Giants actually look almost decent?

Yup 

On 1/2/2019 at 8:57 PM, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Imagine Nick Foles with Saquon Barkley. Scary thought

Imagine trading Nick Foles for Saquon Barkley....also a scary thought.

25 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

No way. Could you imagine the Giants winning a superbowl with Foles as a QB? The thought that could even be a possibility is terrible.

31 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Hard pass...

11 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Hard pass...

Yeah the Giants are not trading Barkley for anything.

I am up and down on super elite once a generation backs. On one hand its obvious the impact they can have on an offense. But in the last decade or two how many have led to championships? Emmitt smith? The last team to have. a back lead the league in rushing and win a title was Terrell Davis for Denver I think. Saquon is compared to Sanders and Sanders didnt sniff a ring. Adrian Peterson is the last guy I would have considered "ultra elite" and neither did he. Maybe if Dallas pulls one out with Zeke I will change my opinion but until then I think having a couple competent backs and spending resources elsewhere is the way to go.

3 hours ago, boogyman said:

No way. Could you imagine the Giants winning a superbowl with Foles as a QB? The thought that could even be a possibility is terrible.

3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Hard pass...

it was sarcasm gentlemen. I like the responses though.

On 12/31/2018 at 7:31 PM, back2nj said:

Really? If Foles doesn't get retained by the Eagles, this time he has a say to where he goes. Unlike before. Who in their right mind would want to deal with a locker room cancer like ODB?  Foles would never be happy there. And his liking where he plays and for who is HUGE  for him .First and foremost for his own contentment. Secondly, it is  clearly obvious that he plays at his best when he is happy within the enviorment that he is playing ...Eagles vs Rams. So the Giants are not a place where I can see him wanting to go. Nor is it an enviorment where I think he can have success. 

Foles has played for Pat Shumer before so there's some familiarity there.....and the giants have draft assets and cap space to improve the offensive line.  Foles would have some really good skill players to work with......and as far as the environment.....Foles is a quiet leader and winning usually changes the attitudes around the locker room. 

I don't want him to go anywhere in the NFC east or the NFC for that matter, but I want the guy to get what he deserves and a chance to be a starter....and be happy.

And because Foles is so different than the average player......nobody really knows what he wants or what he'll do.

I agree with much of what you said. I 'm not too sure how much of an impact Shumer had on Kelly to bring in Bradford . Having been with him his ROY season. I just always felt that Kelly was influenced by Shumer to make the trade. 

I don't want to see him go to any of our division rivals either. And I too, want to see him have the opportunity to be a starter again somewhere. If that is what he wants.

Just from listening to Nick in his PC's he comes off (to me) as someone who really has to love where he is, to be happy, and successful. I get what you are saying. About him being the kind of quiet leader that can influence a lockerroom. But the guys in that lockerroom have to want to change before it can happen.

I don't know if the Giants are ready to give up on Eli. Nor does it appear that Eli is ready to call it quits either. As you said they have the assets to get some good players. Which would also help to allow Eli to play better as well.

Eventually we'll all know the outcome to the Foles  situation. I just think he has earned the right to be happy, whatever that is for him. Being a starter, or being with an organization, that he genuinely loves playing for. Even in a back up role. Only he knows.