wrestlevessel

WFAN Claims the Giants Should Get Foles or Wentz from us

On 12/28/2018 at 4:37 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I'm not so sure that's 100% the case anymore. I mean I really am not sure anymore. 

I'm with you. Over the past year I've called people many insulting things for suggesting that it could/should happen. Now I don't know. Would Foles be willing to take slightly under market value ($15 million?) for the next three seasons?

If you can get 3 #1's plus more, then you have to have the conversation. I would never trade him to NYG, though (unless they gave me double what was stated).

On 12/28/2018 at 1:37 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I'm not so sure that's 100% the case anymore. I mean I really am not sure anymore. 

1 minute ago, SBorBust said:

I'm with you. Over the past year I've called people many insulting things for suggesting that it could/should happen.

Now, I don't know. If you can get 3 #1's plus more, then you have to have the conversation. I would never trade him to NYG, though (unless they gave me double what was stated).

I still do not think the Eagles ever trade Wentz, but there is a conversation to be had.  It is nice that we can have the conversation without idiots taking it off the rails one way or the other.

The one thing being overlooked by all, how much longer does Nick Foles want to play for ??  

He has almost walked away from the game once, has a plan after football, and does not need the money.  

Who knows, maybe he rides off on the ultimate high of winning a second Super Bowl with his legend status set in stone.

If he sticks around, maybe he only plans to play 2 or 3 years, which then puts the Eagles in a seriously bad position, trade a guy who could play for 10 years to keep a guy who will be gone in 2 or 3. 

If the Eagles trade Wentz, and he wins one Super Bowl and the Eagles do not win another during that time, they made the wrong decision. 

There is still to many unknowns, and things that we as fans will never know to form a fully informed opinion, now, or after the Eagles make the decision they make.

46 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I still do not think the Eagles ever trade Wentz, but there is a conversation to be had.  It is nice that we can have the conversation without idiots taking it off the rails one way or the other.

The one thing being overlooked by all, how much longer does Nick Foles want to play for ??  

He has almost walked away from the game once, has a plan after football, and does not need the money.  

Who knows, maybe he rides off on the ultimate high of winning a second Super Bowl with his legend status set in stone.

If he sticks around, maybe he only plans to play 2 or 3 years, which then puts the Eagles in a seriously bad position, trade a guy who could play for 10 years to keep a guy who will be gone in 2 or 3. 

If the Eagles trade Wentz, and he wins one Super Bowl and the Eagles do not win another during that time, they made the wrong decision. 

There is still to many unknowns, and things that we as fans will never know to form a fully informed opinion, now, or after the Eagles make the decision they make.

The way the front office has run the team for the past 3 years, I am more than comfortable they will make the right decision either way. They have pretty much hit the right buttons consistantly during the Pederson era.

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

This I couldn't agree with more bud! The fact we can argue, debate abs discuss without it becoming some ridiculous pointless argument is really nice. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

This I couldn't agree with more bud! The fact we can argue, debate abs discuss without it becoming some ridiculous pointless argument is really nice. 

If you feel the need to jump back into pointless, this wildturtle guy seems to have an agenda to prove to everyone that there is no possible way the Eagles can trade Foles, and every time I prove him wrong, he changes the argument.  Reminds me of somebody that I used to know.

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/754103-what-is-wentz-trade-value?/?page=7

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If you feel the need to jump back into pointless, this wildturtle guy seems to have an agenda to prove to everyone that there is no possible way the Eagles can trade Foles, and every time I prove him wrong, he changes the argument.  Reminds me of somebody that I used to know.

https://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/754103-what-is-wentz-trade-value?/?page=7

Hilarious! Some of the characters we get on here are rather amusing... 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hilarious! Some of the characters we get on here are rather amusing... 

Right.  The dude is dead set against the idea of the Eagles getting any compensation for Foles, I do not understand why.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Right.  The dude is dead set against the idea of the Eagles getting any compensation for Foles, I do not understand why.

I mean... If we can, and we can, then we should right! Why on earth wouldn't we?