Don Corleone

REPORT: Raiders set to hire Mike Mayock as GM

8 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Overall this saddens me because Mayock is easily the best guy out there on the main networks with his analysis. 

This move tells me that the Raiders weren't going to get a GM that has both the scouting ability and even keeled personality that Mayock has. Mayock won't come in there to challenge Gruden's authority, but will provide enough support and advise that will highly value.

I liked Mayock but his evaluations of QB were at times just as bad as Gruden.  Mayock had Deshone Kizer his #1 QB in all of his mock drafts including his final mock draft six days before the draft In 2017, days before the draft. Kizer was the best QB in the draft ahead of Watson, Trubisky and Mahomes. As a ND fan I could easily tell you Kizer likely would struggle in the NFL. In 2018 he had Mayfield as the 4th best in the draft behind Darnold, Rosen and Allen (Lamar Jackson was 5th). 

"NFL.com analyst Mike Mayock is thinking outside the box for his first pre-draft position rankings of 2017. While ESPN analysts have leaned hard on Mitch Trubisky and Deshaun Watson as the top passers jumping to the NFL this spring, Mayock is betting on a guy coming off a 4-8 season — Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer."

15 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

This isn't a bad move for a team with so many draft picks stocked.

Mayock is a television draft analyst, was pretty decent at it but big difference from running an actual team plus Gruden is terrible at drafting. He has drafted a few 1st rd busts.  

On 1/2/2019 at 11:52 AM, Jason1978 said:

Mayock is a television draft analyst, was pretty decent at it but big difference from running an actual team plus Gruden is terrible at drafting. He has drafted a few 1st rd busts.  

Remember when the Lions hired a television analyst to run their drafts?