Sign in to follow this  
gameshowfan91

For an upcoming NFL Head Coach, which of 8 NFL teams do you think would be best?

If I were to rank them....

1. Cleveland

2. Arizona

3. Jets

4. Bengals

5. Miami

6. Tampa Bay

7. Denver

8. Green Bay

The first 3 have young potential franchise QB, so that takes a lot of searching out of the process. The Bengals, Miami, and Tampa all have questions about who is going to be the their starting QBs with a draft that really has no real signal caller that could be the next great QB. 

Denver has Elway which seems to be a real PITA to coach for and I think they only coach for GB will be one that is experienced. Any young coach will be eating alive by Aaron Rodgers.

The Jets, they have a potential franchise QB, need an offensive minded coach, Mike McCarthy would be a nice fit..with the right coach Darnold could go from looking like Goff year 1 to Goff today..

8 minutes ago, Greenakers2 said:

Jets or Browns.  They have, perhaps, the critical piece now in place.

Agree.  I will also add Arizona with Rosen. I have a soft spot for the kid after I found out he was a big birds fan growing up

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/11/8/18075510/josh-rosen-used-to-have-an-andy-reid-shirt-that-said-our-coach-will-eat-yours

5 minutes ago, manz2821 said:

Agree.  I will also add Arizona with Rosen. I have a soft spot for the kid after I found out he was a big birds fan growing up

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/11/8/18075510/josh-rosen-used-to-have-an-andy-reid-shirt-that-said-our-coach-will-eat-yours

Rosen was my favored prospect of the group in the draft.  I think he has the most upside, but he also had the greatest risk.  Still does.  Plus..........Bidwill's...................

Bruce Arians was spot on when a few months ago he said the only job he'd come out of retirement for was the Browns. That's the most enticing opportunity.

4 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

Bruce Arians was spot on when a few months ago he said the only job he'd come out of retirement for was the Browns. That's the most enticing opportunity.

Why Browns for Arians?

18 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

Why Browns for Arians?

I couldn't remember the specifics but I guess he saw the most potential in them

Miami has been a .500ish team for a few years now. Sign Foles and tweak a few screws and suddenly they’re 11-5.

I think you have to look at 3 factors  the quality of ownership/management, how well the team is built to compete right now and how desirable the city is for living in.  Using that criteria, I would go with the following:

1.  Green Bay.  Good management.  Can compete in that division fairly quickly with a good draft. Rodgers is still there.  The Vikes and Lions are just okay.  The Bears are good.  It's not a good city to live in weather-wise, but it's a good community with a lot of tradition.  If you have success there, you are revered.

2.  Miami.  Ownership is not the best. But, it's not terrible. The Pats run is going to end soon as Brady gets old.  They need a QB.  Foles might be a fit here.  It's a good place to live.

3.  Jets.  Ownership is fair. Woody Johnson cares about winning, but doesn't know how to go about it.  The Jets have struggled with good GM decisions over the years.  Darnold has potential. The Giants are low now, so the Jets have a chance to run that town with a good draft or two.  If a coach wants a lot of publicity, then coaching a NY (NJ) team is a way to go.

4.  Tampa.  Ownership is fair.  They need to get a new QB.  They have some talent, but need a few pieces.  Good place to live.

5.  Denver.  Ownership used to be great with Pat Bowlen. But, it seems to lack some direction.  Elway needs to do a better job or they need to get rid of him. Denver's a great place to live. They need a QB, but that defense is legit.

6.  Arizona.  The Bidwells are meh. But, they do have a young QB who still has a chance to develop.  The need a lot of pieces though. It's going to be tough to compete with the Rams, Seahawks and a developing 49ers team.  It's a good place to live if you can stand the heat.

7.  Cleveland.  Haslam is a terrible owner. The good news is that the front office seems to be a little more competent. I'm not a fan of DePodesta though. Mayfield looks like the real deal.  Cleveland is probably the least desirable city to live in on that list.  A new coach, if he gets the Browns to the playoffs, could use the Browns as a stop-gap to get some cred and then bolt for a better job in a few years. I can't see the Browns winning a SB with Haslam running that organization, so a potential HC most likely wouldn't want to waste 10 years coaching there.

8. Cincy.  Ownership is cheap.  They don't care that much about winning.  Dalton isn't the answer. The Bengals have a history of losing and just existing.  Cincy is better than Cleveland in terms of living conditions, but the Bengals' ownership situation and FO makes it last on this list.

8 hours ago, Pallidrone said:

If I were to rank them....

1. Cleveland

2. Arizona

3. Jets

4. Bengals

5. Miami

6. Tampa Bay

7. Denver

8. Green Bay

The first 3 have young potential franchise QB, so that takes a lot of searching out of the process. The Bengals, Miami, and Tampa all have questions about who is going to be the their starting QBs with a draft that really has no real signal caller that could be the next great QB. 

Denver has Elway which seems to be a real PITA to coach for and I think they only coach for GB will be one that is experienced. Any young coach will be eating alive by Aaron Rodgers.

Apparently you haven’t seen Haskins play. He would have been #1 QB last draft and this draft. He has an NFL arm in strength and accuracy. He’s going to be a stud in the NFL better than any QB in the most recent draft. 

16 hours ago, Havenless said:

Miami has been a .500ish team for a few years now. Sign Foles and tweak a few screws and suddenly they’re 11-5.

Miami is a mess.  Gase has been coaching up a bad team to mediocre results.

Honestly Cleveland is the best by far.  Mayfield is a Russel Wilson clone, starving and hungry fan base, division ripe for a takeover and they are solid at both GM and ownership.  All the others have pros and cons and are going to need the right fit.

Most overrated job has to be Green Bay by a mile.  Two years straight we have seen that this is a 1-15 roster around Aaron Rodgers.  Rodgers is going on 35, has more say with the organization than any HC will, and is starting to break down. 

Tampa's GM just came out and said Winston will be back, so I would move Tampa down on my list from 4 to either 6 or 7.  Winston doesn't have the maturity/leadership.  Most coaching candidates are not going to want him as their QB.   Maybe the GM is just buying time to try to trade Winston (if there are any buyers).

On 12/31/2018 at 4:36 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

Arizona Cardinals, Cincinnati Bengals, Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, or Cleveland Browns.

I would say Green Bay is one to avoid. I mean Rodgers isn't getting any younger and that team is flawed. Dolphins don't really have a lot going for them either. 

Cleveland has a lot of talent. Or NY. 

Browns would be in the A category

Jets and Dolphins in the B+ category (good jobs but there is still Belichick to deal with)

Tampa and Denver would be in the B category

Arizona and Cincy would be in the C category

Green Bay would be in the 'run the other way' category

• Aaron Rodgers is radioactive

Packers and Broncos seem the best to me, long term.  Both have better ownership groups, front offices, and/or team culture than just about all of the others.  Working for the Packers would be better than working for, say, Mike Brown and the Bengals, or in the unstable coaching environment in Cleveland.

Personally I hope the Browns do hire Gregg Williams.  It's a redemption story and an outlaw hire that would fit well with Cleveland's resurgence in the bruising AFC North.

Cleveland seems to me like the team that is trending up out of all those teams.  

I think the reason Mayfield is giving Hue Jackson the cold shoulder and staring at him after a TD is him saying you should have started me from week 1 and you'd probably still be the Browns head coach.

I think it comes down to, are you an offensive coach or defensive coach. 

If you are an O guy, does the QB, particularly the young guys, match with what you want to do Offensively?

As a defensive guy, your OC needs that reassurance, or you just go with the HOF vet.

And of course, cap situation should be looked at. The team might look great talent-wise, but if you can't keep 'em...