EagleJoe8

NFC Wildcard: Seattle @ Dallas.

1 minute ago, Captain F said:

I can't help but think that something is wrong with Russell Wilson.  They have very good wide receivers, but run run run then run some more.  The few times he chucked the ball, good things happened.  Is it Wilson or the offensive coordinator?  

i dont think anything is wrong with wilson. his passing yards this year went down dramatically cause the seahawks just ran a ton. i tihnk they were one of two teams to have more running attempts than pass attempts on the year.

if you dont have the firepower on offense then a good way to stay in games is running the ball cause you can control the clock. it also helped their defense play as well as they have at times this year. frankly in this game, they were better off throwing cause dallas run defense was too good especially with a banged up offensive line.

another issue sheil kapadia touched on on twitter, the seahawks still think this is 2012 and 2013 wilson. he is good enough to win games. there is a reason he has 124 touchdown passes in 4 years, made the pro bowl 4 times. let wilson do what he does. no need to abandon the running game or be like 60-40 pass, but when you are 52-48 run you are going to get beat by good teams that can stop the run.

18 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

Dallas seems like the type of team that's only going to score enough to win. they seemed as though they would have been just as content winning when the score was 10-6 as they did at 24-22. Every time Seattle scored, Dallas came back to maintain the lead. Seems they played us like that too. They don't mop the floor with anyone but they're good enough to if they wanted to. 

That the problem I have with the OC, they come out in games and run some nice aggressive schemes and as soon  as they get a lead, even a 3-0, they go conservative, then whenever the other team scores or take the lead they play aggressive and more often than not, have success.

good game....Dallas D was ligit, only play  that really pissed me off was that last 50 yard pass, if we were even in a 2 deep zone that’s a 15-20 yd gain.

on O I had the scheme as usual, thought Dak played well, only big mistake was putting too much air on the int...but dude is a winner 

3 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

good game....Dallas D was ligit 

Disagree.  They did nothing special.  Seattle just kept running right into the middle of a wall. Over and over again.  When Seattle did something different,  the dallas D did nothing to stop it.  Then right back to running into a wall.  Over and over.....  

The first pass oriented offense dallas plays is going to end the cowboys season.  

2 minutes ago, Captain F said:

Disagree.  They did nothing special.  Seattle just kept running right into the middle of a wall. Over and over again.  When Seattle did something different,  the dallas D did nothing to stop it.  Then right back to running into a wall.  Over and over.....  

The first pass oriented offense dallas plays is going to end the cowboys season.  

You mean like the Saints and Falcons did when they played earlier this season?

i’m not pretending Dalllas is the Legion of Boom...they don’t cause turnovers as much as I want But they are a very good defense...

seattle tried to get the ball down the field early and I think Wilson threw over 30x and up until that busted coverage at the end had about 170 yards.

you also have to take into account that the Dallas offense does them  no favors. If the Dalllas offense was average they’d allow Dallas to tee off on D.

Dalllas isn’t a legit SB contender because of the offense ...if the Dalllas offense was even average Dallas would have lost 2-3 games tops this year

1 hour ago, zeroburrito said:

seattle had enough offense to defeat the chiefs like 3 weeks ago.

Ok and is that the norm for Seattle?? No

2 hours ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

i dont think anything is wrong with wilson. his passing yards this year went down dramatically cause the seahawks just ran a ton. i tihnk they were one of two teams to have more running attempts than pass attempts on the year.

if you dont have the firepower on offense then a good way to stay in games is running the ball cause you can control the clock. it also helped their defense play as well as they have at times this year. frankly in this game, they were better off throwing cause dallas run defense was too good especially with a banged up offensive line.

another issue sheil kapadia touched on on twitter, the seahawks still think this is 2012 and 2013 wilson. he is good enough to win games. there is a reason he has 124 touchdown passes in 4 years, made the pro bowl 4 times. let wilson do what he does. no need to abandon the running game or be like 60-40 pass, but when you are 52-48 run you are going to get beat by good teams that can stop the run.

Remember the "do it all" season Russell Wilson had last year? Leading passer, leading rusher, most passing TDs, most rushing TDs. 80% of the offense's scrimmage yards. He did all that on a hurt ankle and knee he sustained in September with a bad O-line. 

They ran him into the ground in 2017. 

Carroll fired OC Bevell and Oline coach Tom Cable. Hired Brian Schottenheimer for OC. They got Fant and Chris Carson back from injury, signed Fluker, and moved Ifedi from LT to RT, and then drafted Rashad Penny in the 1st round.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks opened the season throwing 33 and 36 times. Both losses. They were ranked 29th in rushing (27th total offense) going into week 3 against Dallas.

Amid criticism Brian Schottenheimer said, "If you look at week one, I got away from the running game a little bit too fast (when Seattle had just 16 rushing attempts and 14 by the tailbacks). This week, having only six plays in the third quarter, again that was just one of those deals where not converting third downs made it hard to get more runs."

After that Seattle recommitted to the run and Russell only attempts 30+ passes 4 more times the rest of the year. I believe the plan was to decrease the workload for Russell because of how overworked he was last year.

He's still a great QB despite poor form in the early stages of the season. I don't think there was anything 'wrong' with him per se.

23 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

Remember the "do it all" season Russell Wilson had last year? Leading passer, leading rusher, most passing TDs, most rushing TDs. 80% of the offense's scrimmage yards. He did all that on a hurt ankle and knee he sustained in September with a bad O-line. 

They ran him into the ground in 2017. 

Carroll fired OC Bevell and Oline coach Tom Cable. Hired Brian Schottenheimer for OC. They got Fant and Chris Carson back from injury, signed Fluker, and moved Ifedi from LT to RT, and then drafted Rashad Penny in the 1st round.

Russell Wilson and the Seahawks opened the season throwing 33 and 36 times. Both losses. They were ranked 29th in rushing (27th total offense) going into week 3 against Dallas.

Amid criticism Brian Schottenheimer said, "If you look at week one, I got away from the running game a little bit too fast (when Seattle had just 16 rushing attempts and 14 by the tailbacks). This week, having only six plays in the third quarter, again that was just one of those deals where not converting third downs made it hard to get more runs."

After that Seattle recommitted to the run and Russell only attempts 30+ passes 4 more times the rest of the year. I believe the plan was to decrease the workload for Russell because of how overworked he was last year.

He's still a great QB despite poor form in the early stages of the season. I don't think there was anything 'wrong' with him per se.

In fairness the second game of the year was against the bears in Chicago. Weren’t going to be able to run the ball against them regardless. You have to be able to throw it cause they are ranked 1st against the run. The broncos game they were also on the road i believe. It was a pretty hard start to the schedule. 

Schottenheimer and the Seahawks hurt themselves in this game by being ineffective on first and second down when they ran. Putting them in 3rd and like 6 or longer 10 of 13 third downs. and if you go 3rd and 7 or longer it was 8 of 13. Not winning many games against a good defense being third and long cause you continue to keep running on first and second down ineffectively or runs Slow developing screen

to me the Seahawks lost this game when they weren’t good on first and second down. Add on their red zone offense a** atrocious. They basically settled for field goal with the play calls they had their first two trips. They had 6 plays and none were shots to the end zone. 

6 hours ago, Hefty Smurf said:

We swept ya'll this year...... What does that make the Eagles?

1.)  Why are cowboy fans on an eagles board.

2.)  I believe Wentz was playing and our secondary was in shambles.

3.)  Eagles are the better team as CURRENTLY constructed!!!  Talking about past matchups are irrelevant (point #2).

3 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

3.)  Eagles are the better team as CURRENTLY constructed!!!  Talking about past matchups are irrelevant (point #2).

What does that make the EAgles?

They are the current Champions.  Dallas beat a team that is not designed to win in this football era. You need to throw at some point. Today we say good bye to the Ravens

4 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Save your breath, dude's a typical cowgirls troll. No way he would be posting here if the seahags won

Hawk fans must be upset with how Hawks called that game. I know they are a running team but they still have talent on WR that they should have used a lot more. Idiots

10 hours ago, Captain F said:

Theres probably a pretty good reason the best running team kept running into a wall last night. 🤔

And yea Dallas plays too darn conservative with the lead. Then when they’re down they play aggressive and sometimes go hurry up where Dak is very successful. Although when we were up and trying to put the game away, Dak threw that INT. Maybe there’s a reason they play conservative with a lead.

I called it on here, the refs weren’t going to allow the hawks to get away with their usual pi against Dallas.  Those calls that moved Dallas down the field on two third downs the last drive were legit but usually Seattle gets away with those. 

That game was frustrating to watch yesterday. I dont know who is a worst play caller - Schottenheimer or Lineham.

Dallas's defense is pretty good against the run, whether it is up the middle or on sweeps, but they are suspect against the medium and long passes. If the O-line can hold up against the rush, a good QB can pick them apart. The Hawks just played right into their hands on defense.

I have no idea what the heck Lineham is doing on the Dallas side. It is like he just does not care about matchups and just runs whatever is in front of him. There were a ton of matchups to exploit against Seattle and they just ignored them. Just go with the dink and dunk and run Zeke into the middle over and over again. There is no imagination there whatsoever.

I really do not watch these teams, have they been like this all year?

7 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Wait....so Ginger Jesus was holding ya’ll back? That’s the story now? 

13 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

Reigning Super Bowl 

One would think the reigning champions would have just put the Cowboys in their place.

50 minutes ago, Pallidrone said:

That game was frustrating to watch yesterday. I dont know who is a worst play caller - Schottenheimer or Lineham.

Dallas's defense is pretty good against the run, whether it is up the middle or on sweeps, but they are suspect against the medium and long passes. If the O-line can hold up against the rush, a good QB can pick them apart. The Hawks just played right into their hands on defense.

I have no idea what the heck Lineham is doing on the Dallas side. It is like he just does not care about matchups and just runs whatever is in front of him. There were a ton of matchups to exploit against Seattle and they just ignored them. Just go with the dink and dunk and run Zeke into the middle over and over again. There is no imagination there whatsoever.

Jesus h Christ....you just summed up Linehan perfectly...If Dalllas has a legit OC, they’d be actual contenders 

7 hours ago, o0OMorrisO0o said:

Seems to me you all you have is excuses.  Just last year Wentz was the GOAT who was going to transcend the game. (Point 2)

Everybody has injuries stop using that as an excuse.  (Point 2)

Let me quote Bill Parcells "You are what your record says you are" and your record says you are not currently as good as the Cowboys. (Point 3)

I am here just to piss you off. (Point 1)

1 hour ago, Pallidrone said:

There offense is zeke if they rely on Dak they aren’t a very good team. 

2 hours ago, mrfitsaro said:

I called it on here, the refs weren’t going to allow the hawks to get away with their usual pi against Dallas.  Those calls that moved Dallas down the field on two third downs the last drive were legit but usually Seattle gets away with those. 

That isn't a thing anymore with the legion of boom not there anymore. 

18 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That isn't a thing anymore with the legion of boom not there anymore. 

Yes it is, they still play for the same coach.  Carroll's theory is they should foul the receivers all game because the officials will only call so many penalties.  Do you really think a coach in his 60's changed his philosophy all of a sudden because a couple players left?