Bucs- Bruce Aries 4 yr deal with team 5th yr option...Bowels DC

Browns- Promote Freddie Kitchens to HC...Williams out as DC

Cards- Kingsbury 4 yr deal...Vance Joseph DC

Broncos- Fangio 4 yr deal with team 5th yr option

Packers-  LaFleur 4 yr deal with team 5th yr option 

Jets- Gase 4 yr deal

Edited by TheGodfather

Kind of surprised no ones asked to interview Schwartz. I get frustrated as hell about him having the DBs give huge cushions but he's done really well considering how many backups he has to work with.

12 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

Cincy Miami and NYJ are the 3 teams left in need of a HC

Could be waiting to see the outcome of the divisional round

14 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

Cincy Miami and NYJ are the 3 teams left in need of a HC

KC hired a qb guru for their new qb and in anticipation of their young qb, and it worked. St. Louis hired a qb guru for their young qb, and it worked. Chicago hired a qb guru for their young qb, and it worked. Philly hired 3 qbs gurus for their young qb, and it worked. All made the playoffs this year.

If NYJ goes for yet another defensive head coach, their risking Darnold’s evolution.

So is Williams back to being the DC for Browns? Strange how they didn't promote him to HC

4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Kind of surprised no ones asked to interview Schwartz. I get frustrated as hell about him having the DBs give huge cushions but he's done really well considering how many backups he has to work with.

Could be waiting to see the outcome of the divisional round

I believe all those teams go offensive minded coach. Maybe cincy goes defense 

4 minutes ago, Havenless said:

KC hired a qb guru for their new qb and in anticipation of their young qb, and it worked. St. Louis hired a qb guru for their young qb, and it worked. Chicago hired a qb guru for their young qb, and it worked. Philly hired 3 qbs gurus for their young qb, and it worked. All made the playoffs this year.

If NYJ goes for yet another defensive head coach, their risking Darnold’s evolution.

Last I read McCarthey and Gase were ahead of the bunch. Can't see them going defense again

7 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

So is Williams back to being the DC for Browns? Strange how they didn't promote him to HC

They're moving on from Williams

McCarthy is only considering the Jets job and it looks like Kris Richard is the favorite for the Dolphins job

22 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

He took over and they became a relevant, competitive team - it would be a natural Cleveland thing to do to NOT retain him :lol: 

26 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

Why? After what he did?

Losing Fangio is a blow for the Bears. That defense was pretty darn special this year and he deserves huge credit albeit with a talented group. 

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Losing Fangio is a blow for the Bears. That defense was pretty darn special this year and he deserves huge credit albeit with a talented group. 

Will be interesting if they can keep that defense or even make it better. Would be a shame if it was a one year wonder

4 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Funny how my dumb bears friends don't think it's that much of a loss. I know bears fans are already dumb so I'm guessing they've just given up

1 minute ago, mike030270 said:

Will be interesting if they can keep that defense or even make it better. Would be a shame if it was a one year wonder

Other than the fear of facing an even better team and unit next year yeah it would be a shame. 

Just now, TheGodfather said:

Funny how my dumb bears friends don't think it's that much of a loss. I know bears fans are already dumb so I'm guessing they've just given up

Really? OK I mean that D was pretty good last year but was missing pieces for sure. But I have a friend who's a Bears fan and he was raving about their D and was really excited before the season started. That's a big loss for them. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Other than the fear of facing an even better team and unit next year yeah it would be a shame. 

We face them at home next season but I was thinking of merely as a football fan that it would be a shame.

28 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

We face them at home next season but I was thinking of merely as a football fan that it would be a shame.

I was referring more to the play offs that we will inevitably make again! 😋

Maybe we will be the top seeds. 

38 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Really? OK I mean that D was pretty good last year but was missing pieces for sure. But I have a friend who's a Bears fan and he was raving about their D and was really excited before the season started. That's a big loss for them. 

He goes "I'm not worried about the lose of Vic. 49ers defense played well when he left and the same will happen in Chicago. We won't miss him that much."

My only response was: Yay and the Eagles don't miss Reich either

Brad Childress gave up the head coach job for the AAF Atlanta Legends.... Rumors he could go to the Browns as OC under Stefanski, but supposedly the Browns have hired Kitchens, so Stefanski is going back to the Vikings as OC.

Browns went with Kitchens because of his relationship and growth of Mayfield. Players in the locker room like him

2 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

He goes "I'm not worried about the lose of Vic. 49ers defense played well when he left and the same will happen in Chicago. We won't miss him that much."

My only response was: Yay and the Eagles don't miss Reich either

We don't... 😋😁 I'm kidding I'm kidding. 

Yeah I mean they have a lot of talent so if the next DC is pretty good then they'll still be good but they can't kid themselves here. Next year likely sees them take a step back. 

20 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We don't... 😋😁 I'm kidding I'm kidding. 

Yeah I mean they have a lot of talent so if the next DC is pretty good then they'll still be good but they can't kid themselves here. Next year likely sees them take a step back. 

I think they take 2 steps back. Tougher schedule, loss of your DC, and a whole season's tape of the offense

Promoting the guy who started out the season as the running backs coach instead of the guy who has head coaching and defensive coordinator experience doesn't make much sense but I guess most teams are going with offensive guys as head coaches with the exception of the broncos.