Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

That would suck. I was hoping Miami would snag Richard out of Dallas. 

That's what I was thinking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, mike030270 said:

Why? After what he did?

Apparently they didn't want to risk losing Kitchens to another team looking for an HC.  Williams also would have brought unintended consequences for the Browns as the permanent HC due to the "bounties" years ago that led to his being suspended for a year by the NFL.  The NFL might have privately told the Browns they could face sanctions or at least require a "show-cause" if he were made the permanent HC because of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dawkins4prez said:

Bucs are getting a heck of a coaching staff together.

Also setting it up so if successful, Arians can retire in a few years with a successor in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Apparently they didn't want to risk losing Kitchens to another team looking for an HC.  Williams also would have brought unintended consequences for the Browns as the permanent HC due to the "bounties" years ago that led to his being suspended for a year by the NFL.  The NFL might have privately told the Browns they could face sanctions or at least require a "show-cause" if he were made the permanent HC because of that. 

That's got to suck if the NFL told them they can't hire him even after all he did for them this past season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Apparently they didn't want to risk losing Kitchens to another team looking for an HC.  Williams also would have brought unintended consequences for the Browns as the permanent HC due to the "bounties" years ago that led to his being suspended for a year by the NFL.  The NFL might have privately told the Browns they could face sanctions or at least require a "show-cause" if he were made the permanent HC because of that. 

Why would the NFL do that? He already served his time just like everyone else on that staff. They can't punish the browns for wanting a coach that helped their team win. That doesn't even make sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Why would the NFL do that? He already served his time just like everyone else on that staff. They can't punish the browns for wanting a coach that helped their team win. That doesn't even make sense. 

It shouldn't, but there was conversation in a few places that Williams was considered "personna non grata" for HC jobs because of the bounty incident and the Browns making him permanent HC would create untended consequences for the Browns.

There would have been some slamming the Browns and the NFL for making Williams the permanent HC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2019 at 1:01 PM, TheGodfather said:

Cards interviewing MaAdoo for the OC job:roll:

Pagano interviewing for Jets DC job

Vance Joseph interviewing for Cards DC job

McAdoo is a horrible HC, good OC..

2013 Giants were 28th in scoring(18 points/game) with Killdrive(Gilbride) as OC.

2014 they hired McAdoo, his first time as a OC, went from 28th to 13th with 23 points/ game

2015 Giants were 6th in scoring 26 points/game...

2016 when he was made the HC he tried to be OC at the same time, went from 6th to 26th..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

That's got to suck if the NFL told them they can't hire him even after all he did for them this past season

I will guarantee the league didn’t tell them that. That issue is over and done with. Sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mike030270 said:

What teams are left that still need coaches?

Cincy and Miami...but apparently they have their guy. Waiting for those teams PO to end

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, Agent23 said:

 

Funny thing was, I heard him with Michael Kay on 98.7 (Jets radio home) after that and he came off much better.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazed that Harbaugh got a contract extension. After not benching Jackson in favor of Flacco in a playoff game I figured he was gone. They likely lost that game because of that too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mike030270 said:

Amazed that Harbaugh got a contract extension. After not benching Jackson in favor of Flacco in a playoff game I figured he was gone. They likely lost that game because of that too

At the time I thought he should have done so too, but honestly it was the right call to not put Flacco back in. If that occurred, then you'd be back at square one with deciding if Flacco should get one more year with the team or if they should officially move forward with Jackson.

Jackson was trash in that game, but he is only a rookie so he gets a pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

At the time I thought he should have done so too, but honestly it was the right call to not put Flacco back in. If that occurred, then you'd be back at square one with deciding if Flacco should get one more year with the team or if they should officially move forward with Jackson.

Jackson was trash in that game, but he is only a rookie so he gets a pass.

I thought they should have gone to Flacco after the Ravens opening drive of the 2nd half, but with hindsight, given that they fought back, and had the ball in their possession with a chance to win late, I'd say it was better that they didn't. That could be a valuable learning experience going forward.

 

Of course, that's also contingent on Jackson learning how to become a passer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 11:10 PM, mike030270 said:

Amazed that Harbaugh got a contract extension. After not benching Jackson in favor of Flacco in a playoff game I figured he was gone. They likely lost that game because of that too

Flacco is on his way out. They believe Jackson is their future. I would expect any coach to do the same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now