jfluke

Conf. Championship games

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Ha!

I was actually forced to give up my tickets for financial reasons, but I had thought of doing so anyway. That said, if you're only talking about one game to experience in your lifetime, then I'd definitely recommend it. Especially if you can get there with a few people where you can hang out and tailgate afterwards until traffic dies down a bit. I'd certainly try to get it off your bucket list.

I wanted to go to this years Falcons game for the Banner, but family obligations that weekend didn't permit. So I'm thinking about making my first Eagles game in Atlanta in February.Eagle_smiley.jpg

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I wanted to go to this years Falcons game for the Banner, but family obligations that weekend didn't permit. So I'm thinking about making my first Eagles game in Atlanta in February.Eagle_smiley.jpg

That'd be a hell of a first Birds game to go to!

But definitely try to get to the Linc at least once when the time and situation permits.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:33 PM, Wallyhorse said:

I suspect they'd work with Pasadena officials for permission to use the Rose Bowl for the AFC Championship game.

I would think they'd have to ask.............might not be granted though.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

That'd be a hell of a first Birds game to go to!

But definitely try to get to the Linc at least once when the time and situation permits.

Yeah, but tickets for a Super Bowl are what, minimum $2,500 each? In reality, I don't envision being willing to put that much into tickets.

5 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, but tickets for a Super Bowl are what, minimum $2,500 each? In reality, I don't envision being willing to put that much into tickets.

Yeah, sadly Super Bowl tickets aren't feasible for many of us. And that doesn't include travel, lodging, and food expenses.

3 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Va,

Why would you drive back after a game? Wouldn't you stay at a hotel for the night? 

20 years ago? I'd have driven back after the game. Now? I likely wouldn't even drive up, I'd likely take the Amtrak. So I'd have to stay the night. I don't believe any trains leave late enough to make it there after the game. If I could catch a train back, after the game, that's what I'd likely do.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

20 years ago? I'd have driven back after the game. Now? I likely wouldn't even drive up, I'd likely take the Amtrak. So I'd have to stay the night. I don't believe any trains leave late enough to make it there after the game. If I could catch a train back, after the game, that's what I'd likely do.

Yeah I meant now. Amtrak up and back with a hotel stay overnight would be a great idea. DO IT!!!!

Where’s Stephen? Am I the only one that keeps thinking about that time a confident Dallas team walked into Minnesota and got killed 34-3!?!?

Cant shake that feeling today. Rams really average 37ppg at home!? That’s ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Where’s Stephen? Am I the only one that keeps thinking about that time a confident Dallas team walked into Minnesota and got killed 34-3!?!?

Cant shake that feeling today. Rams really average 37ppg at home!? That’s ridiculous.

I hope they can do that today, but I don't see it against your defense.

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

They've never been on separate days as far as I know, but then, there's never been a reason to. I suppose if the Giants and Jets were both hosting a conference final, they may have to, but that hasn't happened. Extreme enviornmental reasons would be the only other reason I could think they'd have to move a game to another location or date.

The NFL has said that if both the Jets and Giants were to host the championship games, they would play one on Sunday and the other Monday night. 

Of course, hell would have frozen over and the world would be ending, so football logistics probably won’t be top of mind. 

2 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

The NFL has said that if both the Jets and Giants were to host the championship games, they would play one on Sunday and the other Monday night. 

Of course, hell would have frozen over and the world would be ending, so football logistics probably won’t be top of mind. 

Any reason they wouldn't play on Saturday? Only reason I can think of is so all teams have a full week.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Any reason they wouldn't play on Saturday? Only reason I can think of is so all teams have a full week.

Not sure, but your reasoning makes sense. 

4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well we are one game away now from finding out what they do I guess... 

The AFCCG is officially in KC now

Chargers right now are showing why the Eagles should NOT fly back home but instead either stay in NO or head straight to LA if they win today, having already worked out practice arrangements ahead of time.

5 hours ago, Wallyhorse said:

Chargers right now are showing why the Eagles should NOT fly back home but instead either stay in NO or head straight to LA if they win today, having already worked out practice arrangements ahead of time.

Did the Eagles stay in Dallas or head straight to Los Angeles to play the Rams back in December?

54 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Did the Eagles stay in Dallas or head straight to Los Angeles to play the Rams back in December?

Came home.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Came home.

And then won in Los Angeles. So that idea makes no sense. But it doesn't matter now anyway.

To save the NFL any embarrassment Anthony Lynn played the same D he used against Lamar Jackson today vs Tom Brady.

Hijinks ensued and the soccer stadium is closed for the year.