Sign in to follow this  
Iron_Eagle_04

Would you guys like to see Big Red win one since the Eagles got one?

24 minutes ago, Iron_Eagle_04 said:

I don't hate them as much as I used to.  I'm just sick of them mostly.   Five f'n Super Bowls in fifteen years,  its enough already.  Not to mention 8 appearances. 

And it also helps them that the Jets,  Bills,  and Dolphins are going through the longest stretch of perennial mediocrity by three teams in one division in history.   Its almost laughable.   At least in our division the Giants and Cowboys fight back occasionally.   They just have opposite problems.   Dallas can still make the playoffs they just can't do anything when they get there.  The Giants rarely get there anymore,  but when they do Eli plays 6,000,000 miles over his head and their defense turns into the '85 Bears.   As for the Redskins,  as long as Dan Snyder is running the show they will be the red head step child of the division.  When even Joe Gibbs can't return you to glory you know you are screwed. 

People are free to hate the Patriots and they are free to exaggerate about the reasons why they are so good.

• Brady's win percentage in division is something like 3% higher than the rest of his games
  • Rodgers win percentage in his own division is about 19% higher than the rest of his games.
  • Its plain and simple hater propaganda that Brady has some huge advantage because of his division.
  • Everyone pretends that Brady is a product of his bad division and most of you probably did not even know about the Rodgers numbers.

The advantage s that he beats the crap out of them more often because they have to face him 6 times a year, not the other way around.

Just now, skippyx said:

People are free to hate the Patriots and they are free to exaggerate about the reasons why they are so good.

• Brady's win percentage in division is something like 3% higher than the rest of his games
  • Rodgers win percentage in his own division is about 19% higher than the rest of his games.
  • Its plain and simple hater propaganda that Brady has some advantage because of his division.
  • Everyone pretends that Brady is a product of his bad division and most of you probably did not even know about the Rodgers numbers.

The advantage s that he beats the crap out of them more often because they have to face him 6 times a year, not the other way around.

Where did I ever say Brady was a product of his own division?  Where?   

And I never said a word about Aaron Rodgers.

If you honestly think the other tree teams in that division don't aid them greatly,  and aren't in the longest stretch of mediocrity by three teams in history,  I don't know what to tell you.  I didn't say they were totally the product of the division,  I said it helps them.  

I would be happy for Andy even if he beat the Eagles.

For those too young to remember, this franchise was a joke organization before he and Lurie (and Banner) got here. They changed the culture.

I answered this in the other thread but as of right now, with the Eagles still alive, I don't want Andy to get there. I'll be ok with it if the Eagles aren't there, though.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 1:33 AM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Yeah, if the Eagles can't win it, I'd want to see Andy get it done. They're the team I had in mind when I started the thread.

12 minutes ago, Iron_Eagle_04 said:

Where did I ever say Brady was a product of his own division?  Where?   

And I never said a word about Aaron Rodgers.

If you honestly think the other tree teams in that division don't aid them greatly,  and aren't in the longest stretch of mediocrity by three teams in history,  I don't know what to tell you.  I didn't say they were totally the product of the division,  I said it helps them.  

I was talking about the propaganda that you referenced, it was not a personal attack.

He does not play in a division that rarely has 3 playoff teams like the AFC North a few years ago and the NFC South last year but neither does Rodgers.

The Jets were in back to back AFCCGs during Brady's career.

He missed the playoffs one year at 9-7 because the Dolphins were better.

When he was out in 2008, the Patriots missed the playoffs at 11-5.

Sure the Bills are garbage, but the Lions were for a long time and the Browns have been for 10 years and so on.

The undisputed fact is that he treats his division about the same way he treats everyone else so short of reworking the divisions every year or making him have to play in Denver air every year what is the exact specific complaint about his division that you felt the need to bring up?

If your point is that Brady did not face what Cunningham faced in the late '80s and early '90s then I agree with you.

If you are saying putting the Cardinals or Rams or Vikings in his division instead of Miami would have ruined his career then that is delusion.

If your point is that playing the Bills or Browns twice a year is kinda nice then, yes it does.

BTW, following 2001 season the NFL got Manning the hell away from Brady in realignment.

Brady was 8-4 against the Manning Colts. Do you think 16-8 would not have happened if Manning was in his division the whole time?

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

How did you become a fan of the NFL and the Eagles? If you don't mind me asking.

Do you like soccer? I'm currently watching Man U vs. Tottenham. 😁

Became a friend mainly due to my now best friend. He got me in to it and I was hooked. 

Um... I'm not sure I'd say I like it but I'll watch it from time to time. 

I would very much like Andy to win one, preferably by beating the rams, that’d be an awesome super bowl. 

I would like to see him get a ring but I honestly think his chiefs will get bounced by the Pats.

4 hours ago, Havenless said:

I would very much like Andy to win one, preferably by beating the rams, that’d be an awesome super bowl. 

Yeah. I want Ram Chiefs but I think we get Saints Pats.

Rooting rankings:

1.  Chiefs.   Andy Reid is absolutely my #1 rooting interest left. Also love that Patty Mahomes kid.

2.  Saints.  Brees deserves another.  Of the cities remaining Nawlins is my fave.

3.  Rams.  They're not the Pats?

4.  Pats.  Cue the Steve Carrel gif.

6 hours ago, Havenless said:

They were supposed to play on a neutral field before but the game got moved.

That's a rematch no one would mind seeing.

Andy Reid is all I have left in the playoffs. I have no interest in the Saints or Rams. The Patriots are everyone's favorite nemesis.

I will be rooting for the Chiefs, or whoever is playing the Patriots.

On 1/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, Iron_Eagle_04 said:

Of course its always Eagles first.  But if the Eagles don't make it this year,  the Chiefs look pretty strong.  Since Andy gave us a lot of good years even though it was Doug who finally got it done,  would you all root for KC to win one and Andy get a ring as head coach?  I guess I would,  still got a soft spot for Big Red.   I wouldn't want to see him go down as the new Marty Shottenheimer,  always the brides maid and never the bride.

Just curious how you guys felt.  I guess I'd root for them if the Eagles don't make it.  Hell anyone but the Patriots or the friekin Saints.  My hatred for the Pats has dissipated a little since we evened up the score but I still don't want to see them win a sixth.   I honestly of course hope the Eagles win tomorrow but its gonna be tough.  

Add a poll

I vote YES