Sign in to follow this  
Iron_Eagle_04

Would you guys like to see Big Red win one since the Eagles got one?

Of course its always Eagles first.  But if the Eagles don't make it this year,  the Chiefs look pretty strong.  Since Andy gave us a lot of good years even though it was Doug who finally got it done,  would you all root for KC to win one and Andy get a ring as head coach?  I guess I would,  still got a soft spot for Big Red.   I wouldn't want to see him go down as the new Marty Shottenheimer,  always the brides maid and never the bride.

Just curious how you guys felt.  I guess I'd root for them if the Eagles don't make it.  Hell anyone but the Patriots or the friekin Saints.  My hatred for the Pats has dissipated a little since we evened up the score but I still don't want to see them win a sixth.   I honestly of course hope the Eagles win tomorrow but its gonna be tough.  

9 minutes ago, 55thAndRams said:

EDIT:  Ooops, wrong thread.

How do you think you would feel about the Eagles losing the Super Bowl to Andy?  

I guess better than losing it to Brady and Belichick.

IF the Saints win and make it, after watching KC today, I think AR and Mahomes will absolutely shred Payton. I'd love to see it.

Eagles do not match up well against KC but we could play better defense than the Colts no doubt.

If Eagles don’t win, then yes I’m rooting for Big Red. 

Not until he's reproduced the heartache in KC he brought to Philly. He's got a good start though.

Love Big Red, love him and everything he did to turn this organization around. I do want him to get his Superbowl, and cement his HOF career.

I could care less. Andy did not bring us a title because he was too stubborn to adjust his system to fit his talent. I will never forget the home loses against the Panthers and the bucs. If we get knocked out the next game I'm watching will be the first preseason game in July. 

12 minutes ago, methodin said:

Not until he's reproduced the heartache in KC he brought to Philly. He's got a good start though.

I got to admit I laughed at this 😂

But Its not as if KC hasn't had their share of heartache and futility even before Reid came along. 

They are the only ones in the NFL that could truthfully say the line from Hotel California when it comes to their Super Bowls.

We ain't had that spirit here since,  1969. 

Personally... I'm not bothered. I know a lot of you have followed the Eagles for a long time and so naturally you may have a soft side for Big Red. He took this team to the big dance even if he didn't win it. He had a very good record overall and he got this team to a number of NFCCGs. 

But when I started following the Birds it was late in his Eagles career. The team was on the slide down and so I don't have the same connection with him. 

Of the teams left... If it isn't to be the Eagles I think I'd like it to be the Chargers. 

If the Eagles are out, I'll be pulling for Big Red. He's a class act and he gave us Pederson. 

Out of remaining teams left, I’m rooting:

1. Eagles...duh

2. Chiefs

3. Chargers

That’s it. If we have a Saints Pats SB I’ll root for Brees I guess. If it’s Rams Pats I’ll root Rams. Basically ANYone but Brady. 

I'll pull for big red only if the Eagles are eliminated from the post season. 

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Out of remaining teams left, I’m rooting:

1. Eagles...duh

2. Chiefs

3. Chargers

That’s it. If we have a Saints Pats SB I’ll root for Brees I guess. If it’s Rams Pats I’ll root Rams. Basically ANYone but Brady. 

Me too

I would like to see King Andy win one.  He's had a really good career.  Did a lot for our Iggles.

And like someone said above, he gave us Dougie P. :towel:

9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Personally... I'm not bothered. I know a lot of you have followed the Eagles for a long time and so naturally you may have a soft side for Big Red. He took this team to the big dance even if he didn't win it. He had a very good record overall and he got this team to a number of NFCCGs. 

But when I started following the Birds it was late in his Eagles career. The team was on the slide down and so I don't have the same connection with him. 

Of the teams left... If it isn't to be the Eagles I think I'd like it to be the Chargers. 

How did you become a fan of the NFL and the Eagles? If you don't mind me asking.

Do you like soccer? I'm currently watching Man U vs. Tottenham. 😁

24 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I would like to see King Andy win one.  He's had a really good career.  Did a lot for our Iggles.

And like someone said above, he gave us Dougie P. and Nick Foles:towel:

FYP

13 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Of course. I’d want anyone including patriots to win over saints and rams 

agreed. Unlike most people, I'm not a Patriots hater. I've rooted for them in just about every Super Bowl they've played. Obviously the 2 times i did not root for them they were playing us, and I rooted for the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XX. 

6 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

agreed. Unlike most people, I'm not a Patriots hater. I've rooted for them in just about every Super Bowl they've played. Obviously the 2 times i did not root for them they were playing us, and I rooted for the Chicago Bears in Super Bowl XX. 

I don't hate them as much as I used to.  I'm just sick of them mostly.   Five f'n Super Bowls in fifteen years,  its enough already.  Not to mention 8 appearances. 

And it also helps them that the Jets,  Bills,  and Dolphins are going through the longest stretch of perennial mediocrity by three teams in one division in history.   Its almost laughable.   At least in our division the Giants and Cowboys fight back occasionally.   They just have opposite problems.   Dallas can still make the playoffs they just can't do anything when they get there.  The Giants rarely get there anymore,  but when they do Eli plays 6,000,000 miles over his head and their defense turns into the '85 Bears.   As for the Redskins,  as long as Dan Snyder is running the show they will be the red head step child of the division.  When even Joe Gibbs can't return you to glory you know you are screwed. 

9 minutes ago, Iron_Eagle_04 said:

I don't hate them as much as I used to.  I'm just sick of them mostly.   Five f'n Super Bowls in fifteen years,  its enough already.  Not to mention 8 appearances. 

Well, Tom Brady makes it very easy for them, taking average QB salary, so Patriots can spend money elsewhere. Until Brady is gone, we'll expect them to make it to AFCCG (been there every year since 2011) and Super Bowl.