Sign in to follow this  
mikemack8

Hey Dallas

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious comments in this thread. The Cowboys had the best season of any team in the division. They have a good young defense, cap space and should have Cooper for the full year if they choose to sign him. The Eagles caught some breaks and made the divisional round, sure, but if you read some of the player’s post game quotes they really missed several key guys from last season. Well they should get used to it, as more guys will be leaving (Foles, Graham?). The Birds have cap issues and still need to prepare for the Wentz contract. 

Unfortunately for us rival fans the Cowboys might be in the best shape of anyone in the NFC East. 

They have 4 players who are on rookie contracts and are going to want max money in the next 2 years. Cap space will change quickly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lorddevn said:

They have 4 players who are on rookie contracts and are going to want max money in the next 2 years. Cap space will change quickly

I hope so, but it looks like they’ll be able to sign them. I assume Lawrence is top priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

Curious comments in this thread. The Cowboys had the best season of any team in the division. They have a good young defense, cap space and should have Cooper for the full year if they choose to sign him. The Eagles caught some breaks and made the divisional round, sure, but if you read some of the player’s post game quotes they really missed several key guys from last season. Well they should get used to it, as more guys will be leaving (Foles, Graham?). The Birds have cap issues and still need to prepare for the Wentz contract. 

Unfortunately for us rival fans the Cowboys might be in the best shape of anyone in the NFC East. 

I agree. A lot of people are talking like the Eagles were  built to be a dynasty. We were built to win won Super Bowl, which we did last year, and got really lucky this year. I hate to say it but I see the Eagles going the way of the 2008 Philles. Might be competitive for a couple of years after that but within 3 seasons we'll  be back to the drawing board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

I agree. A lot of people are talking like the Eagles were  built to be a dynasty. We were built to win won Super Bowl, which we did last year, and got really lucky this year. I hate to say it but I see the Eagles going the way of the 2008 Philles. Might be competitive for a couple of years after that but within 3 seasons we'll  be back to the drawing board. 

I disagree. Making the move to go and get Wentz was not building to win one. Bringing in a young HC like Doug was not building to win one. Bringing in Joe Douglas to sort things out in the draft and scouting departments was not to win one. We defended our crown with honour. The key to this team is to make sure that every year we get back to the big games. We were in the game until the end, that to me is the start of something positive for this team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Plache said:

I desperately hope you're either drunk or did this from your phone..........

Good catch Plache, yea from my phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I disagree. Making the move to go and get Wentz was not building to win one. Bringing in a young HC like Doug was not building to win one. Bringing in Joe Douglas to sort things out in the draft and scouting departments was not to win one. We defended our crown with honour. The key to this team is to make sure that every year we get back to the big games. We were in the game until the end, that to me is the start of something positive for this team.

true, but the rest of the league, hell, the rest of the division, seems to be moving faster than we are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

true, but the rest of the league, hell, the rest of the division, seems to be moving faster than we are. 

What? We are defending SB Champions and just got back to the divisional game... How is the rest of the league and division moving faster than we are? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

true, but the rest of the league, hell, the rest of the division, seems to be moving faster than we are. 

What ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lorddevn said:

They have 4 players who are on rookie contracts and are going to want max money in the next 2 years. Cap space will change quickly

 

13 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

I hope so, but it looks like they’ll be able to sign them. I assume Lawrence is top priority. 

it will change...but with what looks to be about 70m you can really stagger things, so say sign Zeke to a contract that is front loaded and Dak to one that is more backloaded...sort of evens it the cap hit out over multiple seasons. Also you give Zeke the front loaded contract so when he's like 28-29 and slowing up, you can release him without a lot of dead money....and if you feel like Dak is really your guy (and I do) you give him the backloaded contract because he should be there longer. 

Dallas will have enough to keep the big $ guys, the question will be will they draft well enough to replace mid level guys like Beasley, Tyrone Carwford and provide depth for inevitable injuries. 

Stuff changes quick, so I'm not predicting any big run for Dallas, but the future does have promise. The oldest starter is 28.(Zack Martin)...the best players Zeke (23), Cooper (24), Dak (25), Jaylon Smith (23), LVE (22), Lawrence (26), Woods (23), Jones (24), Gallup (23) are pretty young.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

 

it will change...but with what looks to be about 70m you can really stagger things, so say sign Zeke to a contract that is front loaded and Dak to one that is more backloaded...sort of evens it the cap hit out over multiple seasons. Also you give Zeke the front loaded contract so when he's like 28-29 and slowing up, you can release him without a lot of dead money....and if you feel like Dak is really your guy (and I do) you give him the backloaded contract because he should be there longer. 

Dallas will have enough to keep the big $ guys, the question will be will they draft well enough to replace mid level guys like Beasley, Tyrone Carwford and provide depth for inevitable injuries. 

Stuff changes quick, so I'm not predicting any big run for Dallas, but the future does have promise. The oldest starter is 28.(Zack Martin)...the best players Zeke (23), Cooper (24), Dak (25), Jaylon Smith (23), LVE (22), Lawrence (26), Woods (23), Jones (24), Gallup (23) are pretty young.   

If I was Cowboys, I would not give Dak big money. I say he's worth like $22M/year. Giving Dak big money could impact keeping those young players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well I was about to start a thread asking how everyone on here would fix their favorite team....decided to wait until FA started.....

Dallas just did #1 on my list though and ish canned Scott Linehan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Stephen1 said:

well I was about to start a thread asking how everyone on here would fix their favorite team....decided to wait until FA started.....

Dallas just did #1 on my list though and ish canned Scott Linehan

What kind of offense do you want to see brought in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

What kind of offense do you want to see brought in?

Dak plays very well when Dallas spreads people out, I think it makes the reads slightly easier on him, which is really the only knock on him, he seems a 1/2 second slow on reads.  Zeke excelled at that in college when OSU ran out of a lot of spread formations, so I'd like to see a lot more of that, and some actual rub routes and mesh concepts for the receivers, something every team in the NFL does, but Dallas...which helps guys get open.

So that and stop using Zeke like Jerome Bettis and more like  Leveon Bell and Todd Gurley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just as long as they do not hire someone like Joe Lombardi and hire someone like Todd Haley, all should be right in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Stephen1 said:

well I was about to start a thread asking how everyone on here would fix their favorite team....decided to wait until FA started.....

Dallas just did #1 on my list though and ish canned Scott Linehan

I strongly agree Stephen, Dak also need to be able to use his feet to make plays as well. Scott L was brought in for Romo and Dak is a player. I believe Garrett wanted to keep him. I think they may be very close friends and Jones said he’s gone. I just pray that Garrett doesn’t take over the play calling because who else is out there or could they promote within?

Cap wise we be able to pay the top guys but may decide to let the Beasly’s and others test the FA market. Stephen Jones has done a really nice job with the cap and McCray finding good  draft talent. 

I do have hope for next season. I didn’t have much hope this time last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gch said:

I strongly agree Stephen, Dak also need to be able to use his feet to make plays as well. Scott L was brought in for Romo and Dak is a player. I believe Garrett wanted to keep him. I think they may be very close friends and Jones said he’s gone. I just pray that Garrett doesn’t take over the play calling because who else is out there or could they promote within?

Cap wise we be able to pay the top guys but may decide to let the Beasly’s and others test the FA market. Stephen Jones has done a really nice job with the cap and McCray finding good  draft talent. 

I do have hope for next season. I didn’t have much hope this time last year. 

As much as I wanted Linehan gone, part of the problem is Garrett’s scheme,. My dream is they’d hire someone with a whole new scheme and Garrett would take his hands completely off the offense....but I don’t see that happening. I’m just hopiing that whoever they bring in will have the ability to tweek the offense to fit Dak and actually utilize Zeke and Cooper the right way.

i’ve never been a fan of paying Beasley, i like him, but guys like him are a dime a dozen, especially since he offers nothing as a returner other than the ability to fair catch. Dalllas should have traded him, not Switzer or even Dwayne Harris a few years back.

I’m excited about next year too! Not on here predicting 5 super  owls in a row, but we have a good young team!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Stephen1 said:

As much as I wanted Linehan gone, part of the problem is Garrett’s scheme,. My dream is they’d hire someone with a whole new scheme and Garrett would take his hands completely off the offense....but I don’t see that happening. I’m just hopiing that whoever they bring in will have the ability to tweek the offense to fit Dak and actually utilize Zeke and Cooper the right way.

i’ve never been a fan of paying Beasley, i like him, but guys like him are a dime a dozen, especially since he offers nothing as a returner other than the ability to fair catch. Dalllas should have traded him, not Switzer or even Dwayne Harris a few years back.

I’m excited about next year too! Not on here predicting 5 super  owls in a row, but we have a good young team!

 

I was surprised when news broke that he was ousted. Based off of what Garrett said early in the week about Scott Linehan that had to have come from the FO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, gch said:

I was surprised when news broke that he was ousted. Based off of what Garrett said early in the week about Scott Linehan that had to have come from the FO.

I was about to drink bleach when Garrett said that intitially, then he sort of backed off it later in the day and then a few writers pointed out that in a similar situation (before the coaches even have a chance to meet) no HC would do anything but say that.....if it did come from the FO I hope they also mandated a new scheme....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just worried if we can’t get our guy, we just promote someone from within or give Garrett play calling duties back.

 

Those rumors of us going after Sean’s Payton are crazy. Maybe his OC tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is also rumblings that Kellen Moore will be promoted to OC. I hate it. He’s a smart guy, but I’d rather bring in someone experienced to work with what we have now. There’s no time to get cute and try and find the next Sean McVay. If this fails, we’ve wasted Zeke’s prime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wishlist for Dallas this offseason:

1) Mr. Clapper extended for 5+ years

2) Kellen Moore promoted to OC

3) Marinelli retires, Richard gets hired by Dolphins, Dallas gets garbage no-name DC

 

That would be SO perfect and also not outside the realm of possibility :roll:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DJax4lyfe said:

My wishlist for Dallas this offseason:

1) Mr. Clapper extended for 5+ years

2) Kellen Moore promoted to OC

3) Marinelli retires, Richard gets hired by Dolphins, Dallas gets garbage no-name DC

 

That would be SO perfect and also not outside the realm of possibility :roll:

 

23 hours ago, cowboy30 said:

There is also rumblings that Kellen Moore will be promoted to OC. I hate it. He’s a smart guy, but I’d rather bring in someone experienced to work with what we have now. There’s no time to get cute and try and find the next Sean McVay. If this fails, we’ve wasted Zeke’s prime.

Not excited about Kellen Moore...was hoping for a completely new scheme, but I guess you never know...we all laughed at Doug P...I mean it’s better than keeping Linehan because at least we don’t know 100% that Moore sucks like we did with Linehan.

JG waded Romo, Witten and Dez’s careers.

JG will get an extension...but it won’t mean anything if he falls on his face next year. Wade Phillips got one after winning a playoff game in 2009, was fired after 9 games in 2010...he’ll get the extension because it’s hard to keep assistant coaches if the HC is a lame duck...guys like Richard would start jumping ship to take ever lower positions just for job security

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this