Sign in to follow this  
Sack that QB

Fixing the Eagles offense should be the top offseason priority

It’s an offensive league now. The Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots are the last 4 teams and they are all among the 5 best offensive teams in the NFL. This Eagles team fought their asses off and I’m so proud of them, but despite the times this season where the defense let us down, like 3rd and long plays and even some 4th and longs, the offense was the biggest problem. And it was the biggest problem yet again yesterday. If you told me before the game we’d hold the Saints to 20 points, I’d have told you the Eagles winning was a lock, and we couldn’t score more than 14 points against a poor pass defense. It just wasn’t good enough this season, let them down so many times and it cost us dearly. Cost us HFA, made our journey to even make the playoffs excruciatingly difficult. It was BY FAR the biggest disappointment from this past season, considering how amazing our offense was the year before.

I’d love to fix every problem in this team and make it perfect, but realistically, we need to prioritize fixing this offense. It was our backbone in 2017 and carried us to a Super Bowl, it let us down this season, and for us to get more Lombardi’s, we need to get it back to a juggernaut level again. Most of this offseason needs to be dedicated to getting this offense right, and not just personnel either. Coaches need to work with Wentz and get him back to that MVP level again.

Can’t wait to see what the offseason has in store.

2 minutes ago, TheGodfather said:

Hope Andy wins it

especially if its against NE...gotta root for him after so many close years with the eagles

1 hour ago, Sack that QB said:

I’d love to fix every problem in this team and make it perfect, but realistically, we need to prioritize fixing this offense.

With the right moves, I think we could upgrade both sides of the ball in a big way. 

Trade Foles to Miami getting a pick and Kalen Ballage in return, get Chris Conely in FA, draft another RB early and use the remainder of the picks any way they want, that's one pick of an offensive skill position and the offense is ready to go.  

No doubt to me the 4 best teams got to the championship games. I mean they are the 1 and 2 seeds from each conference so they were the best teams throughout the season. 

11 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Hope Andy wins it

me too, but he doesn't have a chance

2 hours ago, nickbroken said:

Huh, why isn't this in TANTE?

Because TANTE doesn't exist.. jk. Probably because the OP began with " It’s an offensive league now. The Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Patriots are the last 4 teams and they are all among the 5 best offensive teams in the NFL.", and wasn't sure if this qualified for TANTE, I mean TATE:whistle:;)