Shocker54

Are you rooting for Andy Reid now?

4 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

I'm rooting for the Chiefs because it's the lesser of 4 evils.  I wouldn't mind Andy getting a ring, but I'm not necessarily wishing for it to happen either. But, in this case due to the teams that are alive, it makes sense to hope he gets one.

I have no active dislike for The Chiefs or the Rams . . . 

Although I'm still mildly disappointed with Reid for his dopy act here.

But the Pats & Saints can kiss my fat white  A  S  S  !!

So I'm definitely a Chiefs / Rams fan this weekend!

After that I'll have to re-evaluate.

Everyone loved Doug Pederson when he won the Super Bowl last year, right?

Thank Andy for that. 

Pederson comes directly off the Andy Reid coaching tree.  Without Reid, there is no Doug, there is no Super Bowl.  

5 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

As Eagles fan between terrible Patriots, cocky McVay, and the Saints who for whatever reason have some type of complex towards us. Feels like rooting for Reid to finally get one is sensible thing to do. 

I’m not rooting for sheete.  Football season is over. 

I hate the Rams, Saints, and Pats. I have a lot of respect for Reid. He helped turn the Eagles organization around and gave us some good years even if he didn't deliver a ring. 100% behind the Chiefs. Also much respect for that KC fan base. Go Big Red!

4 hours ago, rfade said:

Anyone but the Patriots!😂

This. I also don't want to see the Rams win. I've heard enough slobbering over McVay, Goff, the Rams, and the LA fair weather fans. Pederson should have won coach of the year last season with the job he did. But I guess he wasn't young enough and flashy enough.

I'm not really rooting FOR anyone.  But if AR won it, I wouldn't mind.  And NE definitely needs to lose.

5 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I never liked Reid, never will. Id go with Saints. 

That's a bizarre take.  Reid was definitely frustrating but he kept us competitive for years.  And then you want the team that's totally classless every time they play us to win it all? 

4 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Never understood the bitterness some fans still harbor towards him. An all around great guy, great coach, and has been through so much in life on and off the field. He deserves it wayyy more than any of the other remaining coaches.

Probably just the PTSD he gave us with his clock management gaffes and 75/25 pass run ratio.  

I would like to see Andy finally win the big one, but lingering in my mind is the Chiefs will be down by 10 late in the 4th quarter, either next week against the Patriots or in the Super Bowl, and some how he will run the exact same type of drive he ran against the Patriots 14 years ago.    Deja Vu all over again.

1 hour ago, mjkvol said:

Not a chance in hell.        The only team I might be torn about possibly rooting for Reid would be against the Giants, and in that case the game just wouldn't exist in my mind.

I mean who would you rather win at this point?  The Pats cheated us, we have multiple horrible memories of the Saints (multiple playoff losses, classless running up the score, getting cheated after Katrina against them by the refs, etc.), the Rams are neutral at best. 

1 hour ago, gaitherfan said:

Yes. 1000% yes.

the other 3 teams are filled with detestable players and coaches... and he’s still one of Philly’s best ever.

Just curious who do you find detestable on the Rams?  Not disagreeing just wondering. 

1 hour ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I mean who would you rather win at this point?  The Pats cheated us, we have multiple horrible memories of the Saints (multiple playoff losses, classless running up the score, getting cheated after Katrina against them by the refs, etc.), the Rams are neutral at best. 

Just curious who do you find detestable on the Rams?  Not disagreeing just wondering. 

The Rams are the least frustrating of the other 3, but I struggle with McVay (who stole Pederson’s Coach of the Year) and the hype machine surrounding the team. ‘Detestable’ may have been harsh

It's coach Reid's best chance so I'll definitely root for him for this playoff run. I'd be quite disappointed if he doesn't get to the promise land.

At this point of the season I just root for certain teams to lose. My silver lining is that I just gained one more day to my week albeit a few weeks earlier than I would have liked...

Yes, go Chiefs. 

Hate the Pats and Saints.

5 hours ago, rfade said:

Anyone but the Patriots!😂

again..that's why I have to root for the Saints...they can take down the Pats...Brees would be more likely to do it than Goff..and it WILL be the Pats....as I said in another thread I can predict what will happen in the Pats/Chiefs game...

Chiefs jump out to a 28-7 halftime lead..then Andy Reid becomes Andy Reid..and they lose the game 34-31

29 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I simply detest Reid.         Had he been fired when he should have been in 2007 I might feel differently, but those interminable last seven years he stayed when he never adjusted the way he coached and it was clear he was never going to win here did more to kill my passion for the game than even the NFL's watering down of the sport.

I thoroughly respect the Pats, and what they've managed to achieve in an age built for parity and mediocrity.         Greatness is becoming rarer and rarer in pro sports, and Brady and Belicheck are among the last ones.       I'm indifferent about the Saints - Payton may be a scumbag, but he's a great offensive coach.       The Rams, who cares?        I want the Pats to win it all.

30 minutes ago, justwinbaby said:

At this point of the season I just root for certain teams to lose. My silver lining is that I just gained one more day to my week albeit a few weeks earlier than I would have liked...

Bingo.

31 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

I simply detest Reid.         Had he been fired when he should have been in 2007 I might feel differently, but those interminable last seven years he stayed when he never adjusted the way he coached and it was clear he was never going to win here did more to kill my passion for the game than even the NFL's watering down of the sport.

I was feeling good about having let all that go & then you reminded me what a hell it was. <_<

The Kansas City Chiefs and the New England Patriots will meet on the frozen tundra ..

frozentundra.PNG

7 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I never liked Reid, never will. Id go with Saints. 

How could you not like Reid for good things he did for this team?

6 hours ago, CHIP72 said:

No, I’m not rooting for Andy Reid now.  He screwed up too many times with the Eagles for me to root for him.

No Reid = No Pederson + no Foles. Reid made this team relevant, even to this day. It made Lurie think about getting a coach with emotional intelligence.

56 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

If he got fired in 2007, who would you have had hired as head coach?

22 minutes ago, KOJO said:

I was feeling good about having let all that go & then you reminded me what a hell it was. <_<

Think about this way: had Reid gotten fired in 2007, there's possibly no Pederson nor Foles, which likely means no Super Bowl.

* You all need to be grateful and show some respect for Reid.