Shocker54

Are you rooting for Andy Reid now?

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I started following the Eagles in the final year or two he was here... 

So go look up the history of the Eagles when Reid was the coach. It might change your mind. 

8 hours ago, KOJO said:

I was feeling good about having let all that go & then you reminded me what a hell it was. <_<

Ha!       No, he just drained the passion out of me during those years, as you well remember.         Hate to see him win one, but I fear it will happen this year as he struck lightning in a bottle with this kid and hasn't had a chance to ruin him yet.   

2 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

So go look up the history of the Eagles when Reid was the coach. It might change your mind. 

Why would it change my mind? I don't look back and have any emotional tie with Winston Churchill because he happened to be one of the better prime ministers this country has had. He had a great record with this team, he took this team close to a number of rings and was here a long long time. But it was before my time as a fan. 

I was not the biggest reid fan while he was here. that said, now that the eagles have gotten their Lombardi first - go big red !

8 hours ago, gameshowfan91 said:

How could you not like Reid for good things he did for this team?

No Reid = No Pederson + no Foles. Reid made this team relevant, even to this day. It made Lurie think about getting a coach with emotional intelligence.

If he got fired in 2007, who would you have had hired as head coach?

Think about this way: had Reid gotten fired in 2007, there's possibly no Pederson nor Foles, which likely means no Super Bowl.

* You all need to be grateful and show some respect for Reid.

1.       The 'good things' were between 2000-2004.       Beyond that, he showed that he was abjectly unwilling to alter his way of doing things to adjust to a changing game, and wasted the tenures of the great Jim Johnson and Brian Dawkins.

2.       If he's fired in 2007, who's to say we wouldn't have had more than one Super Bowl already?       We'll never know, but to suggest that keeping Reid here seven years past his expiration date has the slightest connection to the Super Bowl is absurd.         The one single positive was that his firing seemed to wake Lurie out of his coma and make him think outside the box in hiring Chip Kelly.          But he could have woken up a hell of a lot sooner.

3.      "Emotional Intelligence" remains one of the most idiotic things Lurie or anyone has ever uttered.       I had respect for Reid and was grateful for the early 2000's run up until 2007, when he showed he had learned nothing from the glorious Garcia run of 2006 and went right back to his numbingly predictable offense in the disaster of 2007.         It is at that point he should have been shown the door, and it is for that reason I lost any shred of respect I may have had.

7 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

i wouldn't say "rooting"...but the chefs are the least disgusting remaining option, imo. 

cool, so about the "Chiefs" ?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why would it change my mind? I don't look back and have any emotional tie with Winston Churchill because he happened to be one of the better prime ministers this country has had. He had a great record with this team, he took this team close to a number of rings and was here a long long time. But it was before my time as a fan. 

I don’t know. I just feel bad because he came so close multiple times reaching the NFC championship game and losing in the super bowl. He deserves one. 

1 hour ago, GroundAttack said:

I don’t know. I just feel bad because he came so close multiple times reaching the NFC championship game and losing in the super bowl. He deserves one. 

Yeah and that's all legitimate mate... But you have that history with him I don't. 

Depends on who they're playing, I was a bigtime Rams fan during HS and college, if it's the Saints, let's go KC!!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 11:43 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

* You all need to be grateful and show some respect for Reid.

No we don't.

The NFL is a  'What Have Ya Done For Me Lately'  league and so am I.

I was off his bandwagon after the loss in the Super Bowl.

Then it became ever more apparent that his stuck-in-the-mud ways & stubbornness were never gonna change.

Then we can talk about his poor clock management, poor challenges & lack of adjustments.

You want my respect?  Put a Lombardi in my trophy case.

This is why coach Pederson & Nick Foles will always be in my personal HOF.

In perpetuity, even!

Andy Reid & Donovan McNabb =

Image result for cheap thrills           

Especially:  "Ball & Chain" &  'Piece  Of  My  Heart'

On 1/15/2019 at 7:31 AM, mjkvol said:

1.       The 'good things' were between 2000-2004.       Beyond that, he showed that he was abjectly unwilling to alter his way of doing things to adjust to a changing game, and wasted the tenures of the great Jim Johnson and Brian Dawkins.

2.       If he's fired in 2007, who's to say we wouldn't have had more than one Super Bowl already?       We'll never know, but to suggest that keeping Reid here seven years past his expiration date has the slightest connection to the Super Bowl is absurd.         The one single positive was that his firing seemed to wake Lurie out of his coma and make him think outside the box in hiring Chip Kelly.          But he could have woken up a hell of a lot sooner.

3.      "Emotional Intelligence" remains one of the most idiotic things Lurie or anyone has ever uttered.       I had respect for Reid and was grateful for the early 2000's run up until 2007, when he showed he had learned nothing from the glorious Garcia run of 2006 and went right back to his numbingly predictable offense in the disaster of 2007.         It is at that point he should have been shown the door, and it is for that reason I lost any shred of respect I may have had.

No it's not. Reid was one who brought Pederson back to NFL to be a coach and convinced Lurie to have Pederson as Eagles head coach. Reid also convinced Foles to come out of retirement, and Foles went to Eagles a year later. Whole Chip Kelly fiasco made Eagles change dynamic of team. 

1 hour ago, McNabbIsGone said:

No we don't.

The NFL is a  'What Have Ya Done For Me Lately'  league and so am I.

I was off his bandwagon after the loss in the Super Bowl.

Then it became ever more apparent that his stuck-in-the-mud ways & stubbornness were never gonna change.

Then we can talk about his poor clock management, poor challenges & lack of adjustments.

You want my respect?  Put a Lombardi in my trophy case.

This is why coach Pederson & Nick Foles will always be in my personal HOF.

In perpetuity, even!

Andy Reid & Donovan McNabb =

Image result for cheap thrills           

Especially:  "Ball & Chain" &  'Piece  Of  My  Heart'

I get that Reid was frustrating at times, but without Reid, Eagles don't have Pederson nor Foles.

1 minute ago, gameshowfan91 said:

No it's not. Reid was one who brought Pederson back to NFL to be a coach and convinced Lurie to have Pederson as Eagles head coach. Reid also convinced Foles to come out of retirement, and Foles went to Eagles a year later. Whole Chip Kelly fiasco made Eagles change dynamic of team. 

I get that Reid was frustrating at times, but without Reid, Eagles don't have Pederson nor Foles.

You go ahead and give Reid whatever credit you like.       To me, his stench being removed from here was the first step towards the Super Bowl.         I give Kelly a ton more credit for Foles - he was the one who figured out how to maximize his game, and got an all world season out of him.

As for Pederson, it was him being the anti-Reid last season that was one of the keys to winning it all.          He fell into some Reid-like patterns this year with the offensive imbalance, and will hopefully correct that next season.

2 minutes ago, mjkvol said:

You go ahead and give Reid whatever credit you like.       To me, his stench being removed from here was the first step towards the Super Bowl.         I give Kelly a ton more credit for Foles - he was the one who figured out how to maximize his game, and got an all world season out of him.

As for Pederson, it was him being the anti-Reid last season that was one of the keys to winning it all.          He fell into some Reid-like patterns this year with the offensive imbalance, and will hopefully correct that next season.

And Pederson used that Chip Kelly tape to maximize Foles' game as well. Who would you have wanted to replace Reid after 2007?

22 minutes ago, gameshowfan91 said:

And Pederson used that Chip Kelly tape to maximize Foles' game as well. Who would you have wanted to replace Reid after 2007?

That's my point - Kelly provided the blueprint that Pederson was smart enough to borrow from and integrate into the game plan.       And that's another thing that separates him from Reid, as Reid wouldn't have budged from his precious plan come hell or high water.

That was twelve years ago!       I don't have the names of potential coaches in front of me, but regardless who was chosen they would have at least as many Super Bowls won as Reid during his endless stay here.

Chiefs or Rams bc are the new fresh story lines

Mcvay is the Pat Mahomes of coaching. Like Pat, Mcvay hasnt won a SB, but people are fascinated and amazed bc they feel like they shouldn't be this good this young. 

McVay took over a franchise that hasnt had a winning record in over 10 years and is now the youngest coach to ever go to a NFC championship game.

Mahomes at his young age and limited nfl experience shouldnt be this good. I got ut, he has great ability, so did Vick. But Mahomes shouldnt be this smart of a player, shouldn't have this type of poise in his 2nd year at his age.

I am not rooting for Reid.  He took too much out of me as a fan when he was here. 

Whether I root for the Chiefs, it depends on who they play.  I'm all in on KC this weekend, but in the big one, I would take the Rams over Andy.

Gotta give Andy credit for knowing and signing talented football players.

As long as the Patriots lose, I don't care who wins.  The Eagles aren't playing.

On 1/15/2019 at 10:31 AM, mjkvol said:

1.       The 'good things' were between 2000-2004.       Beyond that, he showed that he was abjectly unwilling to alter his way of doing things to adjust to a changing game...

1. He’s one of the few who changed the game! He was a visionary and people hate change.

2. Emotional intelligence is what won the last Super Bowl. Younger people aren’t built like you and me. They are giant babies. coaching skill sets have to evolve.

1 hour ago, SBorBust said:

1. He’s one of the few who changed the game! He was a visionary and people hate change.

2. Emotional intelligence is what won the last Super Bowl. Younger people aren’t built like you and me. They are giant babies. coaching skill sets have to evolve.

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, but if there was a time that Reid was a 'visionary', there's been too much water under the bridge since for me to recall it.

You're right about times changing, but I just can't accept that the one Super Bowl the Eagles won has the slightest thing to do with an idiotic psycho-babble term like that.

By the way, that is an awesome avatar, and I bust a Giant fan buddy routinely about not drafting Darnold.        He still swears by Goober Manning.