Shocker54

Are you rooting for Andy Reid now?

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:24 PM, gameshowfan91 said:

I get that Reid was frustrating at times, but without Reid, Eagles don't have Pederson nor Foles.

Doesn't matter. Someone said we should be respecting Reid more and I disagree.

I respect him to a point and then my respect goes elsewhere.

I refuse to worship at the altars of Reid or McNabb. They both represent the losing

culture that the Eagles were mired in for so long which we are now all absolved of.

Sure, they had some great moments . . . some 'Cheap Thrills' . . . but the bottom line

with them was:  for the Eagles they were ultimately   LOSERS.

The one caveat I would mention in any analysis of Andy Reid is:

no one should have to endure the loss of a child to drug addiction.

When Reid's son Garrett died at camp in Aug. 2012, which turned out to be Reid's last season, 

I was shocked and dismayed terribly.  So I empathize and sympathize with Reid in this regard.

But I am far less forgiving when it comes to my football teams' success or failure.     

16 hours ago, mjkvol said:

You and I see eye to eye on a lot of things, but if there was a time that Reid was a 'visionary', there's been too much water under the bridge since for me to recall it.

You're right about times changing, but I just can't accept that the one Super Bowl the Eagles won has the slightest thing to do with an idiotic psycho-babble term like that.

By the way, that is an awesome avatar, and I bust a Giant fan buddy routinely about not drafting Darnold.        He still swears by Goober Manning.

You’re right. We’re often on the same side of most debates.

However, we’ve been on these boards arguing about Andy Reid for over 15 years. It’s kind of funny to think about. I’ll be rooting for him on Sunday... and hoping he doesn’t make a stupid in-game decision that costs his team.

Tombstone is such a perfect movie. It has everything you’d want. The best part being Val Kilmer’s performance.

10 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Tombstone is such a perfect movie. It has everything you’d want. The best part being Val Kilmer’s performance.

Best movie ever

2 hours ago, SBorBust said:

You’re right. We’re often on the same side of most debates.

However, we’ve been on these boards arguing about Andy Reid for over 15 years. It’s kind of funny to think about. I’ll be rooting for him on Sunday... and hoping he doesn’t make a stupid in-game decision that costs his team.

And meanwhile I'll be waiting for him to somehow blow the one chance he'll have with this kid before the alleged 'QB guru' has a chance to "McNabb" him and make him useless in big spots.

Tombstone is so great because it is the best telling of the story and the casting was perfect right down the line, but Kilmer definitely steals the film.         The scene in the bar when he's flipping the shot glass is off the charts.

I'm not only rooting for Andy, I'm of the opinion that this is the year he finally wins the big game.  AR had some good QB's in his days here, McNabb, Vick, Garcia, and in KC with Smith, but he never had a championship QB.  Mahomes is a QB that can win the big game, and I do believe he will put AR over the hump.

15 hours ago, McNabbIsGone said:

The one caveat I would mention in any analysis of Andy Reid is: no one should have

to endure the loss of a child to drug addiction. When Reid's son Garrett died at camp

in Aug. 2012  I was shocked and dismayed terribly. So I empathize and sympathize

with Reid in this regard.     

No one should have to endure the loss of a child for ANY reason.  Garrett's death really did seal the final nail in the coffin for Reid's tenure in Philly - no doubt it was time for all involved to move on from each other after that tragic event.

I can understand some who doesn't want to root for him, that's fine, but there's people who say they still don't like him? I don't really get that. Don't like him in what way? As a coach? He has no bearing on the outcome of the Eagles anymore. The lasting effects is that he provided the Eagles Doug and Foles. Just keep that in mind.

9 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

The lasting effects is that he provided the Eagles Doug and Foles. Just keep that in mind.

That's actually a really good point. Without Andy we don't win the SB because we don't get Doug here... Because Doug likely doesn't get his chance when he does in the NFL. 

17 hours ago, ShakeThatMonkey said:

I can understand some who doesn't want to root for him, that's fine, but there's people who say they still don't like him? I don't really get that. Don't like him in what way? As a coach? He has no bearing on the outcome of the Eagles anymore. The lasting effects is that he provided the Eagles Doug and Foles. Just keep that in mind.

Exactly.  Without AR, not only do we fail to have all those years of sustained success while he was here, we also don't have the foundation for the club that won the SB.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's actually a really good point. Without Andy we don't win the SB because we don't get Doug here... Because Doug likely doesn't get his chance when he does in the NFL. 

Meh, you can do this all day. We might as well thank chip Kelly and Howie and Mike holmgren and Brett Farve too. Doug is his own man and coach. Mostly everyone hated the Doug hiring and most of it was because of not wanting another Reid and because of that Patriots collapse the Chiefs had while doug was there that Doug was blamed for. So now I should thank Reid? Lol nope. Doug is his own coach and does lots of things differently and better then Reid ever has including winning a Super Bowl. So no I have nothing to thank Reid for. Not to mention Reid wanted Wilson not Foles and Foles had his best season under Chip not Reid so again nope not thanking Reid. 

The best chance at me watching the Super Bowl is Chiefs/Rams.  Likely not watching if the Pats get in. Definitely not watching Pats/Saints, maybe possibly if it's Rams/Pats.

The most chatter revolves around Mahomes and McVay. So that's what I'm thinking will happen. Funny how some things just seem to work out for the NFL.

While the end result doesn’t change, was Reid’s motive for recommending Doug because of an interest in the Eagles being successful, or because of the rumor he wanted to get Doug away from the 26 year old secretary he was allegedly doing?

As a coach I am not the biggest fan of Andy Reid.

As a person, I have the highest and upmost respect for Andy Reid.

In the end he had a big hand in raising this team from the rubble and starting the momentum that got us where we are now, Super Bowl Champions.

12 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Back when the Eagles signed Sav as our punter, an Aussie fan joined the board. When someone in a thread about Sav said that they were 'rooting' for him to make the team, the Aussie member mentioned that 'rooting' in Australia, was slang for sex.

I can't see the phrase 'rooting for...' without remembering that thread lol.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

While the end result doesn’t change, was Reid’s motive for recommending Doug because of an interest in the Eagles being successful, or because of the rumor he wanted to get Doug away from the 26 year old secretary he was allegedly doing?

831636035_giphy(3).gif.66bdfda3afd7f2ac72551974a65152e1.gif

To be completely honest the only team I do not want hoisting the lombardi is the saints.  I would rather see Tom Brady get his 6th ring than to see Kamara get his first if it came down to that. 

Reid is 1-5 now in conference championships.   Big Red got KC somewhere they haven't been in a long time, but he will keep breaking their hearts.

58 minutes ago, bigredtuna said:

Reid is 1-5 now in conference championships.   Big Red got KC somewhere they haven't been in a long time, but he will keep breaking their hearts.

In K.C. they see that their team is just a hair off...just a little bit away...they only need 1 or 2 things...and it'll go on and on and on and on...and that's how it is when a team is "fine there."

On 1/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, PoconoDon said:

In K.C. they see that their team is just a hair off...just a little bit away...they only need 1 or 2 things...and it'll go on and on and on and on...and that's how it is when a team is "fine there."

so true -- us Philly fans are sitting back and simply feeling sorry for the amount of "almost had it" seasons this talented team in KC is about to endure. And I love Andy -- I just know how we performs in these situations. And I really don't think he's getting to the SB as long as Belichick has Brady and a reasonable level of talent around him. Belichick will out-coach Andy in a playoff game every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

23 hours ago, selassieyouth said:

I'm just wondering if he is going to promote his o line coach to be his DC again....

ha!

On 1/23/2019 at 10:06 AM, selassieyouth said:

I'm just wondering if he is going to promote his o line coach to be his DC again....

The Eagles just let Eugene Chung go. He could be a viable candidate if he wants to go that route again. I’m sure he’s been in the same room with Jim Schwartz before, so we know he’s qualified.