Sign in to follow this  
KingxEagles

Final Super Bowl 53 predictions?

So many good storylines. Patriots/Rams - Brady and Belichick win their 1st and last Super Bowl against the Rams? (Patriots win this)

Chiefs/Rams rematch? (Chiefs win rematch)

Brees vs. Brady? (Brees beats Brady)

Saints Chiefs? (Brees beats Mahomes)

For some reason I see Patriots Rams...and that's actually my least favorite of the 4 possible games..

I'm leaning towards Pats vs. Saints, but I don't want that matchup.  KC is more talented than NE, but it's hard to trust KC to beat a team that knows how to win this time of year.  

I would like to see Chiefs-Rams, but have a feeling that we'll end up with Patriots-Saints.

If the latter were to come to fruition, I would rather the Patriots win than the Saints. If the Chiefs make it, I would like to see Andy Reid finally get his SB win.

People can be disappointed with how Reid's tenure ended here without a SB win, but he was largely responsible for the Eagles rise to respectability during the early-mid 2000s. It's deeply ironic that multiple of his former assistant coaches have gone on to become Super Bowl winning head coaches without Reid winning one himself, at least 3 on the top of my head: Jon Gruden, John Harbaugh, Doug Pederson.

Chiefs might pull it off. Game was supposed to be in the single digits and I just feel like that’s a game Brady and the Patriots win. Looking like it’ll be 25-30 degrees! Not bad.

I think the Saints will beat the Rams. The Saints slow start last week didn't surprise me after essentially having 2 weeks off. I think NO gets out to a faster start and controls the game from the beginning. May not be a blowout, but the game will have the feel that the Saints were never in danger of losing control.

The Pats/Chiefs is harder to say. We've seen Reid teams in this spot fall short many times, although Mahomes has been the type to make something happen out of a busted play. Maybe Reid has enough talent to outplay his own shortcomings?

The Pats obviously have all the experience in these games, but they haven't won a road playoff game since 2006, or an AFCCG road game since 2004. The KC defense will need to harrass the ish out of Brady the same way Denver's defense did a few years back. This game will likely come down to the turnover battle.

On 1/18/2019 at 9:22 AM, EagleJoe8 said:

The Pats obviously have all the experience in these games, but they haven't won a road playoff game since 2006, or an AFCCG road game since 2004. The KC defense will need to harrass the ish out of Brady the same way Denver's defense did a few years back. This game will likely come down to the turnover battle.

I think getting Brady & the Pats out of Foxboro is huge. And the temperature isn't going to be as cold as first forecast which should help the Chiefs. If the Chiefs do get up big, lets hope they remember the lesson of Super Bowl 51. Keep your foot on their throat until the clock reads 0:00.

2 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

I think getting Brady & the Pats out of Foxboro is huge. And the temperature isn't going to be as cold as first forecast which should help the Chiefs. If the Chiefs do get up big, lets hope they remember the lesson of Super Bowl 51. Keep your foot on their throat until the clock reads 0:00.

I agree with your last line. After what the Pats did to the Falcons, what we did to the Giants in the miracle at the new Meadowlands, and what the Bills did to the Oilers in the 92 playoffs, I don't get bent out of shape about the whole "running up the score" issue. For one, you just never know, and for two, it's your job to stop me from scoring, not mine.