Sign in to follow this  
Captain F

Seahawks signed Paxton Lynch

Normally i wouldn't care about a early off season,  fa qb signing.

But....

I have always had this feeling that Paxton Lynch would be very very good.  Has the perfect frame.  Looked great in college. Things never clicked in Denver, but i still have a feeling that he is going to flourish. 

He's not going to have a chance to flourish unless Wilson goes down and Wilson has been pretty durable. 

2 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

He's not going to have a chance to flourish unless Wilson goes down and Wilson has been pretty durable. 

Brett Hundley is also the backup.

So Lynch would need both to go down before he saw the field. 

*And no I don't think Lynch would beat out Hundley for the backup spot.

He's got serious arm talent. Better than Aaron Rogers right now.....

3 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

First thing that jumped in to my head too! He isn't going to play much in Seattle so it feels like a bad move for him. There's talent there and in the right team and system he could be pretty good. 

Russell Wilson could be a good mentor for Lynch. He entered the league a bit raw and needs to be coached up. Maybe Wilson can show him how to do it.

16 hours ago, toolg said:

Russell Wilson could be a good mentor for Lynch. He entered the league a bit raw and needs to be coached up. Maybe Wilson can show him how to do it.

I guess medium term this could be good for Lynch. Learn from Wilson before moving on to another team so show what he's learned. 

I don't understand why he sat out the entire year. He should have joined a team, if nothing more, than to work with NFL coaches and other players on his shortcomings. Bad move IMO. 

So glad dallas failed to trade back into the first to get him and instead got Dak in  the 4th....

sometimes jt’s Better to be lucky than good...

How do you mean? 

5 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

I don't understand why he sat out the entire year. He should have joined a team, if nothing more, than to work with NFL coaches and other players on his shortcomings. Bad move IMO. 

He didn't really sit out the year, he was cut in camp after falling down the depth chart. Not sure if he didn't try to go somewhere after that or if no one wanted him though. I'm guessing no one wanted him he was horrific

On 1/17/2019 at 8:29 PM, Quiet Boy said:

Brett Hundley is also the backup.

So Lynch would need both to go down before he saw the field. 

*And no I don't think Lynch would beat out Hundley for the backup spot.

Hundley is a FA

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

He didn't really sit out the year, he was cut in camp after falling down the depth chart. Not sure if he didn't try to go somewhere after that or if no one wanted him though. I'm guessing no one wanted him he was horrific

This guy gets it.

At this point, Paxton Lynch has about as much of a chance to become a good NFL quarterback as Marcus Smith does of becoming a good NFL linebacker. Sometimes first round picks bust. The fact that at one time people thought they might be good doesn't really matter anymore.

2 hours ago, bwestbrook36 said:

I'm not sure how else you would categorize that? He didn't play a single regular season game, nor did he join a team the entire season.

Either way, it was a bad decision.  His agent is spinning it as his choice, which I would have to believe has some validity given that he was a 1st round draft pick. Even Jamarcus Russell had tryouts after getting cut. Mum was the word on Lynch.

8 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

I'm not sure how else you would categorize that? He didn't play a single regular season game, nor did he join a team the entire season.

Either way, it was a bad decision.  His agent is spinning it as his choice, which I would have to believe has some validity given that he was a 1st round draft pick. Even Jamarcus Russell had tryouts after getting cut. Mum was the word on Lynch.

Who knows, maybe he needed a mental break since he was playing so badly to get his head straight? Either way I doubt he will ever be anything

3 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hundley is a FA

My mistake.

If I were the Seahawks I'd see if Trevone Boykin was incarcerated at that point in time before I trusted Paxton Lynch to QB the team.

Well, at least he didn't title this thread "All of those who said Paxton Lynch sucks are going to get real quiet now".