EagleJoe8

NFC Championship: Rams @ Saints.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Geddy11 said:

Saints had their chance in OT,  but that call.  OMG,  maybe the worse non call I’ve ever seen. 

I agree that was an awful call but they still could have made a stop in regulation time and won 23-20 but they allowed the Rams to tie it up. One play isn't the reason they lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

Why weak?

Nothing weak about two face masks and a delay of game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Nothing weak about two face masks and a delay of game. 

Yeah, they don't count when they work in one's favor apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VIDEO: Marcus Peters Confronts Sean Payton After Saints-Rams Game and Causes Big Scuffle

Quote

https://www.12up.com/posts/6276249-video-marcus-peters-confronts-sean-payton-after-saints-rams-game-and-causes-big-scuffle

Well, you just knew Marcus Peters was going to troll the hell out of Sean Payton after the Rams captured the NFC Championship crown in New Orleans. Yup, he didn't disappoint. Seconds after the LA win, Peters ran over to let Payton have it, which led to a large scrum between the two teams. 

Peters wasn't done there, though. 

In addition to sprinting after Payton, Peters was also spotted on the field yelling "let's eat gumbo" to his teammates. He can thank the refs for this outcome, too.

Don't ever change, Marcus. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

VIDEO: Marcus Peters Confronts Sean Payton After Saints-Rams Game and Causes Big Scuffle

 

 

 

That's because Payton said something smartass that Peters didn't like

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

That's because Payton said something smartass that Peters didn't like

Yeah, something after their first game, I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Chance to take the LA Market away from the Lakers, who have dominated it for the last 40 years,

Rams winning an SB would be best thing for the NFL.

 

Except they haven’t. LA cares about the Lakers only when they are winning. LA loves the Dodgers all the time. 

And no one here cares about the Rams or the Chargers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're a Saints fan, would you rather have lost to the Eagles to avoid tonight's loss or beat the Eagles even though this loss was going to happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, vikas83 said:

Except they haven’t. LA cares about the Lakers only when they are winning. LA loves the Dodgers all the time. 

And no one here cares about the Rams or the Chargers. 

Actually, the Lakers dominate even when they are awful.  Now with LeBron, they dominate no matter what. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was any other team I'd feel bad but I feel like the last 2 years has been beautiful karma for Payton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

If you're a Saints fan, would you rather have lost to the Eagles to avoid tonight's loss or beat the Eagles even though this loss was going to happen?

I'll answer as an Eagle fan, but I'd never trade off a loss in the playoffs for a loss the week prior. Even knowing how last week ended, I still would not want Parkey's kick making it through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, metalhead0043 said:

I know the Saints got robbed, but they are a bunch of d-bags so F em.

They didn't get robbed. Their defense allowed the rams to go down the field and kick the game tying fG and their offense came up small in overtime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wallyhorse said:

Actually, the Lakers dominate even when they are awful.  Now with LeBron, they dominate no matter what. 

Yeah, we have been over this before. Per usual, you are laughably misguided. 

It is pretty simple. Mexicans and other Latinos love baseball. They don’t care about basketball. LA is a Dodgers town. 

What would I know...I just live here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

They didn't get robbed. Their defense allowed the rams to go down the field and kick the game tying fG and their offense came up small in overtime.

The only better ending would have been Cooks catching a TD in OT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'll answer as an Eagle fan, but I'd never trade off a loss in the playoffs for a loss the week prior. Even knowing how last week ended, I still would not want Parkey's kick making it through.

That's a little different situation though. We lost in the divisional round, which any payoff game is going to hurt. But to lose in the Conference Championship game, in OT, in your own home... brutal.

The only comparison that we could have would be the 2002 NFCCG to close out the Vet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's a little different situation though. We lost in the divisional round, which any payoff game is going to hurt. But to lose in the Conference Championship game, in OT, in your own home... brutal.

The only comparison that we could have would be the 2002 NFCCG to close out the Vet.

Right, but even then, I wouldn't trade off for a loss to Atlanta, or GB the following year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Right, but even then, I wouldn't trade off for a loss to Atlanta, or GB the following year.

In hindsight, with a Lombardi 'in hand', it would be easy to do a 'give back' in order to erase that 2002 NFCCG. I'd have to think about it though.

That's the only one that I'd even think of as a comparable situation to the choke job of the Saints tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Nothing weak about two face masks and a delay of game. 

Yes there may have been some calls missed.  The face masks or whatever,  but that call that was missed was absolutely horrific. Never seen anything like it. I realize that most of us here hate the saints and Payton,  but cmon,  that receiver was blown up 6 or 7 yards before the ball even got close.  So the Saints got away with a non flagrant facemask and a 2/10 of a second delay of game.  I don’t care what anyone says.  That call was absolutely BS.  And we all know it.  Terrible beyond belief.  And look,  the refs threw very few flags in that game.  They were only gonna call very flagrant penalties.  Sorry,  IMO,  that no call in indefensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Geddy11 said:

Yes there may have been some calls missed.  The face masks or whatever,  but that call that was missed was absolutely horrific. Never seen anything like it. I realize that most of us here hate the saints and Payton,  but cmon,  that receiver was blown up 6 or 7 yards before the ball even got close.  So the Saints got away with a non flagrant facemask and a 2/10 of a second delay of game.  I don’t care what anyone says.  That call was absolutely BS.  And we all know it.  Terrible beyond belief.  And look,  the refs threw very few flags in that game.  They were only gonna call very flagrant penalties.  Sorry,  IMO,  that no call in indefensible.

I don't hate the saints but honestly glad they lost because of kamara running his mouth about the eagles and because I can't stand payton. Of course it was a really bad non call... no where did I defend it but I could care less bc IMO the saints benefited from most of the calls and non calls in the game.

And as I said in another thread the saints defense didn't stop rams from driving down the field to kick game tying fg and the saints 'unstoppable offense' (according to kamara) coughs up an int in OT; so they had opportunities late to overcome the bad non call and win..*shrugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now