EagleJoe8

NFC Championship: Rams @ Saints.

18 minutes ago, ilikepargo said:

To be fair to the Saints, that non-call was horrible.  Not as bad as the call against us in the Dallas game, but still...really really bad.  And that call did rip the game from the Saints' hands and give the Boy-Sheep a chance.

What bothers me is that neither team looked all that special.  I'm afraid that the New England may end up winning it again.

I will reluctantly cheer for the Boy-Sheep.  But IMO the Patriots should be favored.

I don’t think anyone denies they blew the call completely. It’s just funny when a fan of theirs sees calls that were clearly missed in their favor and just dismisses them as weak, as if missed calls earlier couldn’t have somehow changed the trajectory of the rest of the game. 

For anybody crying about ruined legacies and bad calls, the Saints got the ball first in overtime AT HOME.

Everything before that doesn't matter. New game, 0-0.

The Rams wanted it more and that's why they're making travel plans and the Saints are making excuses. 

1 hour ago, ilikepargo said:

To be fair to the Saints, that non-call was horrible.  Not as bad as the call against us in the Dallas game, but still...really really bad.  And that call did rip the game from the Saints' hands and give the Boy-Sheep a chance.

What bothers me is that neither team looked all that special.  I'm afraid that the New England may end up winning it again.

I will reluctantly cheer for the Boy-Sheep.  But IMO the Patriots should be favored.

What about the non-call on the facemask at the goal line? Had they called that, the Rams get a new set of downs and very possibly get 7 instead of 3. So yes, it was a bad no call, but both sides had them and both no calls altered (possibly) the outcome, and there were a few more that would have gone the Rams way, if they'd called them but they didn't.

Saints fans won't acknowledge that, because their emotions are too high right now. But it is what it is.

Payton's tantrum was magnificent to see.

Doesn't make up for last week but great to see that graceless pos whining.

The way I look at it is, if Roby was playing the ball it's probably an interception or a dropped interception. Either way they only come away with 3 points. 

Nothing is sweeter than seeing the Saints lose, classless team with a classless coach. This made my weekend.

Then my weekend was ruined seeing Pats in Superbowl again.

I wish they asked Kamara where the ski masks were:roll::roll:

4 hours ago, pisceschica said:

So satisfying to watch 🤗

After the whistles and not doing anything about it. F them

1 hour ago, bwestbrook36 said:

The way I look at it is, if Roby was playing the ball it's probably an interception or a dropped interception. Either way they only come away with 3 points. 

If Robey-Coleman plays the ball, not only does he possibly make the pick, he also possibly returns the interception for a touchdown.  It was a bad throw (or more accurately, a bad decision) by Brees.

But that's all ifs and buts. Yeah maybe he does many the INT if he plays the ball... But he didn't play the ball, his eyes were on the receiver at all times and not once did he look to make a play on the ball. The officials missed it and the Saints fans are upset but they've had decisions to their way so it tends to balance itself out. 

12 hours ago, mike030270 said:

That's because Payton said something smartass that Peters didn't like

Payton’s been taking shots through the media at opposing players quite a bit. 

After our first game, he said Wentz and Sidney Jones were our weak links and he wanted them game in their hands 

After the first Saints-Rams game he gloated that Marcus Peters was the matchup they were going to go after 

After our playoff game with them, he said Fletcher Cox was the guy they picked to go at on the fake punt. 

This is just the stuff that I have heard recently. There’s probably more out there. And then you have the ski mask and Dreams and Nightmares thing

Seems like he’s created a culture where him and his players need to needle other teams or their fans to get that competitive edge. 

I’m taking sadistic joy in his team’s loss and the way the lost it 

2 hours ago, GoBirds2015 said:

Payton’s been taking shots through the media at opposing players quite a bit. 

After our first game, he said Wentz and Sidney Jones were our weak links and he wanted them game in their hands 

After the first Saints-Rams game he gloated that Marcus Peters was the matchup they were going to go after 

After our playoff game with them, he said Fletcher Cox was the guy they picked to go at on the fake punt. 

This is just the stuff that I have heard recently. There’s probably more out there. And then you have the ski mask and Dreams and Nightmares thing

Seems like he’s created a culture where him and his players need to needle other teams or their fans to get that competitive edge. 

I’m taking sadistic joy in his team’s loss and the way the lost it 

It’s pretty simple. Payton is an arrogant jackarse, and his team adopts that mentality. Never forget - the man lead an organization that had a institutional program to pay money for injuring opponents. 

The really amazing part? Everyone views him as some genius coach, yet Mike McCarthy had a better record and got fired for it (deservedly). Payton has had a top 10 all-time QB for 13 seasons and has been to one Super Bowl. He is a joke. 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

But that's all ifs and buts. Yeah maybe he does many the INT if he plays the ball... But he didn't play the ball, his eyes were on the receiver at all times and not once did he look to make a play on the ball. The officials missed it and the Saints fans are upset but they've had decisions to their way so it tends to balance itself out. 

That's why I don't get worked up over the refs anymore. They just suck all around and I've just learned to accept it

8 hours ago, gregbwfc1 said:

Payton's tantrum was magnificent to see.

Doesn't make up for last week but great to see that graceless pos whining.

DxaKkALWsAA36Rx.jpg.80f05325c55755a7e323fe8d1ef48648.jpg

55 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

That's why I don't get worked up over the refs anymore. They just suck all around and I've just learned to accept it

It's probably the best way to be to be honest. Accept they'll make mistakes... A lot of them... And deal with it. 

18 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'll answer as an Eagle fan, but I'd never trade off a loss in the playoffs for a loss the week prior. Even knowing how last week ended, I still would not want Parkey's kick making it through.

Just came across a Saints fan who essentially answered this question...

http://blackandgold.com/saints/92210-game-day-thread-nfccg-new-orleans-saints-vs-los-angeles-rams-59.html#post835552

SaintsFan.JPG.ead66f84fd32414ba29b304ce6c14dfb.JPG

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Agreed.  I also prefer the Saints do not make the playoffs.

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

Agreed.  I also prefer the Saints do not make the playoffs.

My original question (last night), was 'If you were a Saints fan, would you have preferred to lose to the Eagles if you knew that the NFCCG would end this way?' or words to that effect.

I don't know how I'd answer that question for the Eagles. I never want to lose, but would a divisional loss to the reigning Super Bowl Champions be easier to stomach than losing in OT the way the Saints lost?

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

It's probably the best way to be to be honest. Accept they'll make mistakes... A lot of them... And deal with it. 

They have to many judgement calls put on them. It's gonna be ugly 

4 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

As gut wrenching as a loss would be, it's still better to get to a Conference Championship than not.

Without hindsight, yes. I'm not talking about 'just a loss', though. If you have magical powers and can have foreknowledge of a gut wrenching loss, like the Saints are now living with, would it still be better to get there?

So on September 1st of 2018, as a Saints fan, you know 100% that the NFCCG will be in New Orleans, the Saints will be 13-3 and the #1 Seed... and they will lose the way they lost, to the Rams.

17 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

They have to many judgement calls put on them. It's gonna be ugly 

Agreed. Missed calls happen all the time. And they usually even out during a game. 

The NFL is played on the field at warp speed. You can only call what you see as a Ref. 

42 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Without hindsight, yes. I'm not talking about 'just a loss', though. If you have magical powers and can have foreknowledge of a gut wrenching loss, like the Saints are now living with, would it still be better to get there?

So on September 1st of 2018, as a Saints fan, you know 100% that the NFCCG will be in New Orleans, the Saints will be 13-3 and the #1 Seed... and they will lose the way they lost, to the Rams.

I would say yes still since it also meant we knocked off the defending champions. 

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would say yes still since it also meant we knocked off the defending champions. 

We actually have an example of that scenario in our history, but the NFCCG wasn't as 'gut wrenching' as a scenario like the Saints are going though.

Did defeating the defending Super Bowl Champion Giants in the 2008 Divisional round (the McNabb 'phone call' game) make losing to the Cardinals in the NFCCG easier to take? Not that this is exactly a 'fair' example, because it has the added weight of defeating a divisional foe as opposed to it having been a non-divisional opponent.