EagleJoe8

NFC Championship: Rams @ Saints.

27 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

We actually have an example of that scenario in our history, but the NFCCG wasn't as 'gut wrenching' as a scenario like the Saints are going though.

Did defeating the defending Super Bowl Champion Giants in the 2008 Divisional round (the McNabb 'phone call' game) make losing to the Cardinals in the NFCCG easier to take? Not that this is exactly a 'fair' example, because it has the added weight of defeating a divisional foe as opposed to it having been a non-divisional opponent.

I don't think I'd describe it as "easier to take" necessarily. That was a hard loss to take after erasing the deficit we were in, but even to this day, I enjoyed the hell out of that Giants win, although like you said, it had the added benefit of knocking off a division rival.

For me, it basically boils down to each playoff win means I get to watch the Birds play another meaningful game, even though I know any postseason game can end in heartbreak.

Could any of you imagine if the Cowboys put up these kind of billboards in Philly? 😂

They would stay up forever. Maybe even have murals painted on top.

I want the Saints to lose draft picks over Sunday. The Rams had to deal with hours of artificial crowd noise which is a clear NFL rules violation.

• Sean Payton made a public plea for fans to be loud and they broke the rules to follow him.
  • That whistle fool has been going to games since 1996 and the noise had nothing to do with him.
    • None of us ever heard of him before today because he is nobody and can't even be heard on the telecast.
  • There were at least 3 fans caught on camera with whistles (pink whistle, orange whistle, and Sean Payton dress-up loser)
  • Fans are like cockroaches, if you see 3 doing something there are probably 90 more.
  • Take 5 million and a 1st rounder from them and I guarantee it never happens again.

Media outlets are trying to pretend it was just that clown who dresses like a whistle.

3 minutes ago, skippyx said:

I want the Saints to lose draft picks over Sunday. The Rams had to deal with hours of artificial crowd noise which is a clear NFL rules violation.

• Sean Payton made a public plea for fans to be loud and they broke the rules to follow him.
  • That whistle fool has been going to games since 1996 and the noise had nothing to do with him.
    • None of us ever heard of him before today because he is nobody and can't even be heard on the telecast.
  • There were at least 3 fans caught on camera with whistles (pink whistle, orange whistle, and Sean Payton dress-up loser)
  • Fans are like cockroaches, if you see 3 doing something there are probably 90 more.
  • Take 5 million and a 1st rounder from them and I guarantee it never happens again.

Media outlets are trying to pretend it was just that clown who dresses like a whistle.

Agree, that was horribly annoying. The sad thing is that I haven't read or listened to anything from the national media about it which means that nothing will be done about it.<_<

Interesting article about MIke Mccarthy/ Sean Payton. Their Super Bowls are 1 year apart and Mccarthy was fired and Payton likely stays in NO for as long as he wants.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2019/1/21/18191767/sean-payton-drew-brees-nfc-championship-game-packers-fire-mike-mccarthy-aaron-rodgers

For some reason the news articles about the whistling are only about the guy with the big whistle hat that can do it without an actual whistle

There were people that were actually using a whistle which is against the rules

14 minutes ago, skippyx said:

I think the 1st rounder should be surrendered to the previous Super Bowl winner in these circumstances, and the $5 Million should be divided evenly amongst aforementioned team's former season ticket holders who sat in section 203, row 20, seat 21.

51 minutes ago, Quiet Boy said:

Could any of you imagine if the Cowboys put up these kind of billboards in Philly? 😂

They would stay up forever. Maybe even have murals painted on top.

Yeah, as bad as the call was, Saints are coming of as an organization of crybaby losers.  When the owner and players all talking like that call was the only reason they aren't in SB.  Just like last year they cried about how they would have whooped us if Minny Miracle hadn't happened.

Own your sh* New Orleans.

14 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

Yeah, as bad as the call was, Saints are coming of as an organization of crybaby losers.  When the owner and players all talking like that call was the only reason they aren't in SB.  Just like last year they cried about how they would have whooped us if Minny Miracle hadn't happened.

Own your sh* New Orleans.

Sore winners and sore losers...

Hmm 🤔

BTW, I just remembered the skank with the "F the Eagles" shirt from the playoff game in 2006. I'm kind of enjoying the thought that she's probably distraught right now. Makes me smile.

10 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

BTW, I just remembered the skank with the "F the Eagles" shirt from the playoff game in 2006. I'm kind of enjoying the thought that she's probably 400lbs right now. Makes me smile.

Yup 

3 hours ago, skippyx said:

And then the National Football League will burn the tapes....

1 hour ago, nveagle5 said:

And then the National Football League will burn the tapes....

You mean after Jay Glazer aired them on Fox?

16 minutes ago, skippyx said:

You mean after Jay Glazer aired them on Fox?

The reference was "just like after they punished the Cheatriots".

Man, the saints hate here is palpable. I get it.  I just see the fans as passionate, and so is Payton.  I have a feeling if Payton was here as coach, it wouldn't be a problem at all.  We'd be fine with it.  More than fine personally.  

15 hours ago, skippyx said:

I am glad I wasn't the only one who heard whistles coming from the crowd. The refs should have stopped the game, official timeout, until stadium security could sort it out.

I don't see how the team could lose draft picks. The fans who brought the whistles don't care. It won't make a difference. Besides, the Saints already had their chance to play in the Super Bowl taken away. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Geddy11 said:

Man, the saints hate here is palpable. I get it.  I just see the fans as passionate, and so is Payton.  I have a feeling if Payton was here as coach, it wouldn't be a problem at all.  We'd be fine with it.  More than fine personally.  

He’s a big baby and always complaining about calls. You lost, it was a bad call, AMONG many. The refs missed 2 facemask violations, one against Goff and one against Cooks. They get those calls right and you might have needed a TD to tie rather than a FG to take the lead. No one likes a sore loser.

41 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

He’s a big baby and always complaining about calls. You lost, it was a bad call, AMONG many. The refs missed 2 facemask violations, one against Goff and one against Cooks. They get those calls right and you might have needed a TD to tie rather than a FG to take the lead. No one likes a sore loser.

Up until the Gross PI call, the officials were letting the game playout. Which im all in favor of. There were ticky tack finger swipes of the FM, and how many times have you seen the playclock go to zero and no flag thrown for Delay.  If you watch even a decent amount of football, you see this routinely.  I think most here are letting the Payton and Saints hate get the best of us.  A huge injustice occurred and the NFL needs to make a statement.  This was gross negligence, incompetence at the highest levels and puts into question the whole league.  This isn't just about this game and the whiny Saints.  That play is hard to watch and not see a flag be thrown.   Man if this happened to the Eagles, there would be riots.

Does anyone have a shot of the Saint jumping on CJ Anderson's face?

The Rams win by 10 if the refs got ALL the calls right.

They win by 40 if they correctly called delay of game after every whistle from the stands.

23 minutes ago, Geddy11 said:

Up until the Gross PI call, the officials were letting the game playout. Which im all in favor of. There were ticky tack finger swipes of the FM, and how many times have you seen the playclock go to zero and no flag thrown for Delay.  If you watch even a decent amount of football, you see this routinely.  I think most here are letting the Payton and Saints hate get the best of us.  A huge injustice occurred and the NFL needs to make a statement.  This was gross negligence, incompetence at the highest levels and puts into question the whole league.  This isn't just about this game and the whiny Saints.  That play is hard to watch and not see a flag be thrown.   Man if this happened to the Eagles, there would be riots.

On 1/22/2019 at 11:37 AM, Geddy11 said:

2008 NFCCG. 2 Minutes left. 4th down Rod Hood tackled Kevin Curtis.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:11 PM, Quiet Boy said:

We did experience it:

20190121_220858_zpscndfot0e.jpg

And we didn't get 1st possession in overtime AT HOME to right the wrong. 

If your looking for sympathy you've come to the wrong place.

We all think your team bleux it. 

And your fanbase is embarrassing themselves.

53 minutes ago, Geddy11 said:

We had a ton of bad calls all year. What about the "no clear recovery" call against the Cowboys on the opening kickoff. That call probably cost us the division.

To be honest, when the play was at full speed, it didn't look like PI to me. It looked like the ball was right near the receiver when he hit him. In slow mo, which the officials don't have, it was definitely PI. That's the way a lot of sports are played, right or wrong, the officials don't want to be the deciding factor and swallow the whistle in the last couple minutes. That's what happened here and it was a factor in your loss. I still give the Rams all the credit in the world. They still had to march down the field and tie it up, then pick off Brees in OT and kick a long FG. All things the Saints could have stopped but couldn't.

19 hours ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

BTW, I just remembered the skank with the "F the Eagles" shirt from the playoff game in 2006. I'm kind of enjoying the thought that she's probably distraught right now. Makes me smile.

The Saints' failure this past Sunday and the reaction of their fans, who should be noted live in the Stupid South, makes me smile.

3 hours ago, Road to Victory said:

We had a ton of bad calls all year. What about the "no clear recovery" call against the Cowboys on the opening kickoff. That call probably cost us the division.

To be honest, when the play was at full speed, it didn't look like PI to me. It looked like the ball was right near the receiver when he hit him. In slow mo, which the officials don't have, it was definitely PI. That's the way a lot of sports are played, right or wrong, the officials don't want to be the deciding factor and swallow the whistle in the last couple minutes. That's what happened here and it was a factor in your loss. I still give the Rams all the credit in the world. They still had to march down the field and tie it up, then pick off Brees in OT and kick a long FG. All things the Saints could have stopped but couldn't.

The no clear recovery call against the Cowboys was absolutely ridiculous, but the Eagles lost that game because they were badly outplayed and outgained yardage-wise by a 2 to 1 margin, not because of that bad call.