EagleJoe8

AFC Championship: Patriots @ Chiefs.

7 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

If Rams win the SB this year, do we assume next year or the year after is Panthers over Pats?

Cam's best years are behind him and now he has a serious shoulder injury, so I would say no to that unless the Panthers find someone else to take his place.

7 minutes ago, nceagle20 said:

They had 32 yds in the first half

31 second half points was impressive. Mahomes just missed a ton of plays in that 1st half. 

1 minute ago, heavywchamp said:

I don't get it. What does the Panthers have to do with anything? 

The pattern

NFC West (Rams) NFC South (Panthers) NFC East (Eagles)

...fastfoward to 2014 NFC West (Seahawks) NFC South (Falcons) NFC East (Eagles)....

NFC West (Rams)....??

Crazy how the first 2 picks in the draft Goff and Wentz both have been to a Super Bowl I know Wentz didn’t play in it but he got them there . They could be 2 of the best all time to go 1 and 2

21 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Guess that answered the silly question, "Did the Eagles end the Patriots dynasty?”

It's not a 'Dynasty' when there's a decade between Super Bowl wins.

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's not a 'Dynasty' when there's a decade between Super Bowl wins.

Whatever people want to call it they dominated in their era. 4 appearances out of last 5..wow..

3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

The pattern

...fastfoward to 2014 NFC West (Seahawks) NFC South (Falcons) NFC East (Eagles)....

NFC West (Rams)....??

Interesting. At least the Eagles got revenge. Looks like the Rams got a good chance at revenge too. 

Just now, pisceschica said:

Whatever people want to call it they dominated in their era. 4 appearances out of last 5..wow..

But 'only' 2 Super Bowl victories in those (as of now). 2 does not a dynasty make.

When people call them a 'dynasty', they're including everything, including the Cheating years and including the 10 year period between winning anything.

People will still call them that, but to me, 2 wins just doesn't warrant a dynasty.  Does 3? If so, then that 'dynasty' died at 18-1.

21 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Meh, I wouldn't call it bad luck. Their defense has blown all year. Some of that has to be on him. Still, he wasn't the reason they lost tonight.

1 playoff win in 6 seasons now in KC. That's rough.

2 playoffs wins.  Not great,  but also keep in mind that the Chiefs has 2 playoff wins combined in the prior 20 years (and just three total after they won the Super Bowl IV, before Reid was the coach).

3 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

2 playoffs wins.  Not great,  but also keep in mind that the Chiefs has 2 playoff wins combined in the prior 20 years (and just three total after they won the Super Bowl IV, before Reid was the coach).

Wow, just 3 since 1970 before Andy? That's just sad.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But 'only' 2 Super Bowl victories in those (as of now). 2 does not a dynasty make.

When people call them a 'dynasty', they're including everything, including the Cheating years and including the 10 year period between winning anything.

People will still call them that, but to me, 2 wins just doesn't warrant a dynasty.  Does 3? If so, then that 'dynasty' died at 18-1.

Does going to SB 5 out of last 6 with 3 straight count as a new dynasty? 

Just now, heavywchamp said:

Does going to SB 5 out of last 6 with 3 straight count as a new dynasty? 

Do you count the Bills of the 90's as a Dynasty? They went 4 years in a row. Or the Vikings of the 70's?

I love Andy Reid. Big fan. Everywhere he goes, he turns a team around. But how many years do you have to coach before you learn to run the freaking ball. 10 rushes today. 10! Unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you count the Bills of the 90's as a Dynasty? They went 4 years in a row. Or the Vikings of the 70's?

The Bills are tricky because they never won. I was born in 76 so I don't remember any 70s football. With a Pat's going to the last 3 SBs and a chance to win 3 of the last 5 that's got to be considered a new dynasty imho. 

2 minutes ago, shlo said:

I love Andy Reid. Big fan. Everywhere he goes, he turns a team around. But how many years do you have to coach before you learn to run the freaking ball. 10 rushes today. 10! Unbelievable. 

5 in the first half, 5 in the second half.  Scored 0 pts in the first half, scored 31 in the second half.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wow, just 3 since 1970 before Andy? That's just sad.

Yep.

Without Hunt that's just not what they do. Mahomes brought them back with a creative AR passing game but blame Dee Ford and the defense for losing that game. 

1 minute ago, RPeeteRules said:

5 in the first half, 5 in the second half.  Scored 0 pts in the first half, scored 31 in the second half.

Yep.

Pats dominated the time of possession, leaving the Chiefs D gassed late in the game and in OT. Also, running the ball may have helped score more in the first half when the Pats were pressuring a lot. Also running the ball could have helped them milk some clock at the end of the game when they got the TD, decreasing the time the Pats would have to score a TD

2 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

Without Hunt that's just not what they do. Mahomes brought them back with a creative AR passing game but blame Dee Ford and the defense for losing that game. 

They have been running the ball fine without Hunt

Just now, shlo said:

Pats dominated the time of possession, leaving the Chiefs D gassed late in the game and in OT. Also, running the ball may have helped score more in the first half when the Pats were pressuring a lot. Also running the ball could have helped them milk some clock at the end of the game when they got the TD, decreasing the time the Pats would have to score a TD

They couldn’t do much in the first half.  They did have a wide open RB in the end zone for a TD, but it wasn’t a good pass.  As for late in the game, running the ball may have helped run the clock down, but they also may not have scored a TD had they done that, tying the game instead of taking the lead.  If they did run the clock down and score a TD, the Pats still may have driven for a TD, but leaving the Chiefs with not enough time for a FG. 

They have been running the ball fine without Hunt

Not really. Mahomes has carried that team. They were playing from behind nearly all game. At 3 ypc that would've been wasting precious time. He called some very creative passing plays and Mahomes got them lead. The defense choked big time. I think that Ford blunder deflated them after that overturned int that would've won the game. 

15 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

The Bills are tricky because they never won. I was born in 76 so I don't remember any 70s football. With a Pat's going to the last 3 SBs and a chance to win 3 of the last 5 that's got to be considered a new dynasty imho. 

IF they win in 2 weeks, ok. What if they lose?

59 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

The pattern

NFC West (Rams)....??

Where do the Giants fit into this pattern?

47 minutes ago, shlo said:

He is unbelievable.  It’s like he never learns.  Clock management is horrible and he is so predictable and too conservative.  Belichick must lick his chops when he sees them in the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Where do the Giants fit into this pattern?

They don't thus FF to 2014

I kinda figured the pats were gonna win anyways but I genuinely feel bad for Andy Reid his team was so damn close to slaying the dragon. It really is a shame. 

2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

You're right. I completely forgot about the one in 2015.