EagleJoe8

AFC Championship: Patriots @ Chiefs.

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, vaff84 said:

If Rams win the SB this year, do we assume next year or the year after is Panthers over Pats?

Cam's best years are behind him and now he has a serious shoulder injury, so I would say no to that unless the Panthers find someone else to take his place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nceagle20 said:

They had 32 yds in the first half

31 second half points was impressive. Mahomes just missed a ton of plays in that 1st half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, heavywchamp said:

I don't get it. What does the Panthers have to do with anything? 

The pattern

NFC West (Rams) NFC South (Panthers) NFC East (Eagles)

...fastfoward to 2014 NFC West (Seahawks) NFC South (Falcons) NFC East (Eagles)....

NFC West (Rams)....??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy how the first 2 picks in the draft Goff and Wentz both have been to a Super Bowl I know Wentz didn’t play in it but he got them there . They could be 2 of the best all time to go 1 and 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

Guess that answered the silly question, "Did the Eagles end the Patriots dynasty?”

 

It's not a 'Dynasty' when there's a decade between Super Bowl wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

It's not a 'Dynasty' when there's a decade between Super Bowl wins.

Whatever people want to call it they dominated in their era. 4 appearances out of last 5..wow..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

The pattern

NFC West (Rams) NFC South (Panthers) NFC East (Eagles)

...fastfoward to 2014 NFC West (Seahawks) NFC South (Falcons) NFC East (Eagles)....

NFC West (Rams)....??

Interesting. At least the Eagles got revenge. Looks like the Rams got a good chance at revenge too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pisceschica said:

Whatever people want to call it they dominated in their era. 4 appearances out of last 5..wow..

But 'only' 2 Super Bowl victories in those (as of now). 2 does not a dynasty make.

When people call them a 'dynasty', they're including everything, including the Cheating years and including the 10 year period between winning anything.

People will still call them that, but to me, 2 wins just doesn't warrant a dynasty.  Does 3? If so, then that 'dynasty' died at 18-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, KOJO said:

Meh, I wouldn't call it bad luck. Their defense has blown all year. Some of that has to be on him. Still, he wasn't the reason they lost tonight.

1 playoff win in 6 seasons now in KC. That's rough.

2 playoffs wins.  Not great,  but also keep in mind that the Chiefs has 2 playoff wins combined in the prior 20 years (and just three total after they won the Super Bowl IV, before Reid was the coach).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RPeeteRules said:

2 playoffs wins.  Not great,  but also keep in mind that the Chiefs has 2 playoff wins combined in the prior 20 years (and just three total after they won the Super Bowl IV, before Reid was the coach).

Wow, just 3 since 1970 before Andy? That's just sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

But 'only' 2 Super Bowl victories in those (as of now). 2 does not a dynasty make.

When people call them a 'dynasty', they're including everything, including the Cheating years and including the 10 year period between winning anything.

People will still call them that, but to me, 2 wins just doesn't warrant a dynasty.  Does 3? If so, then that 'dynasty' died at 18-1.

Does going to SB 5 out of last 6 with 3 straight count as a new dynasty? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, heavywchamp said:

Does going to SB 5 out of last 6 with 3 straight count as a new dynasty? 

Do you count the Bills of the 90's as a Dynasty? They went 4 years in a row. Or the Vikings of the 70's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Andy Reid. Big fan. Everywhere he goes, he turns a team around. But how many years do you have to coach before you learn to run the freaking ball. 10 rushes today. 10! Unbelievable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Do you count the Bills of the 90's as a Dynasty? They went 4 years in a row. Or the Vikings of the 70's?

The Bills are tricky because they never won. I was born in 76 so I don't remember any 70s football. With a Pat's going to the last 3 SBs and a chance to win 3 of the last 5 that's got to be considered a new dynasty imho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shlo said:

I love Andy Reid. Big fan. Everywhere he goes, he turns a team around. But how many years do you have to coach before you learn to run the freaking ball. 10 rushes today. 10! Unbelievable. 

5 in the first half, 5 in the second half.  Scored 0 pts in the first half, scored 31 in the second half.

13 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Wow, just 3 since 1970 before Andy? That's just sad.

Yep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shlo said:

I love Andy Reid. Big fan. Everywhere he goes, he turns a team around. But how many years do you have to coach before you learn to run the freaking ball. 10 rushes today. 10! Unbelievable. 

Without Hunt that's just not what they do. Mahomes brought them back with a creative AR passing game but blame Dee Ford and the defense for losing that game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RPeeteRules said:

5 in the first half, 5 in the second half.  Scored 0 pts in the first half, scored 31 in the second half.

Yep.

Pats dominated the time of possession, leaving the Chiefs D gassed late in the game and in OT. Also, running the ball may have helped score more in the first half when the Pats were pressuring a lot. Also running the ball could have helped them milk some clock at the end of the game when they got the TD, decreasing the time the Pats would have to score a TD

2 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

Without Hunt that's just not what they do. Mahomes brought them back with a creative AR passing game but blame Dee Ford and the defense for losing that game. 

They have been running the ball fine without Hunt

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, shlo said:

Pats dominated the time of possession, leaving the Chiefs D gassed late in the game and in OT. Also, running the ball may have helped score more in the first half when the Pats were pressuring a lot. Also running the ball could have helped them milk some clock at the end of the game when they got the TD, decreasing the time the Pats would have to score a TD

They couldn’t do much in the first half.  They did have a wide open RB in the end zone for a TD, but it wasn’t a good pass.  As for late in the game, running the ball may have helped run the clock down, but they also may not have scored a TD had they done that, tying the game instead of taking the lead.  If they did run the clock down and score a TD, the Pats still may have driven for a TD, but leaving the Chiefs with not enough time for a FG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shlo said:

Pats dominated the time of possession, leaving the Chiefs D gassed late in the game and in OT. Also, running the ball may have helped score more in the first half when the Pats were pressuring a lot. Also running the ball could have helped them milk some clock at the end of the game when they got the TD, decreasing the time the Pats would have to score a TD

They have been running the ball fine without Hunt

 

Not really. Mahomes has carried that team. They were playing from behind nearly all game. At 3 ypc that would've been wasting precious time. He called some very creative passing plays and Mahomes got them lead. The defense choked big time. I think that Ford blunder deflated them after that overturned int that would've won the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

The Bills are tricky because they never won. I was born in 76 so I don't remember any 70s football. With a Pat's going to the last 3 SBs and a chance to win 3 of the last 5 that's got to be considered a new dynasty imho. 

IF they win in 2 weeks, ok. What if they lose?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

The pattern

NFC West (Rams) NFC South (Panthers) NFC East (Eagles)

...fastfoward to 2014 NFC West (Seahawks) NFC South (Falcons) NFC East (Eagles)....

NFC West (Rams)....??

Where do the Giants fit into this pattern?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shlo said:

I love Andy Reid. Big fan. Everywhere he goes, he turns a team around. But how many years do you have to coach before you learn to run the freaking ball. 10 rushes today. 10! Unbelievable. 

He is unbelievable.  It’s like he never learns.  Clock management is horrible and he is so predictable and too conservative.  Belichick must lick his chops when he sees them in the playoffs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

Where do the Giants fit into this pattern?

They don't thus FF to 2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda figured the pats were gonna win anyways but I genuinely feel bad for Andy Reid his team was so damn close to slaying the dragon. It really is a shame. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

2 playoffs wins.  Not great,  but also keep in mind that the Chiefs has 2 playoff wins combined in the prior 20 years (and just three total after they won the Super Bowl IV, before Reid was the coach).

You're right. I completely forgot about the one in 2015.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now