LA_Eagle_Fan

Time for the Rams to right a wrong

Seventeen years ago, the then-St. Louis Rams were 14-point favorites entering Super Bowl 36 against a nobody New England Patriots team, and they blew it. We didn't know it at the time, but those damn Rams handed the reins of the NFL to the Evil Empire while their Greatest Show on Turf dynasty-that-never-was crumbled, and they eventually high-tailed to LA. Now with the Patriots still going strong in their twilight, the Rams can finally conquer the Evil Empire just like we thought we did last year (I say "thought we did because it's clear they haven't been fully conquered yet).

Eh..I'm torn about who I want to win the SB but my money is on the pats...

Maybe the rams shock the world and win their rematch like the eagles did 

I can't really root for either one of those teams.

Any chance it could end in a tie? Somebody ask McNabb.

15 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

I can't really root for either one of those teams.

Any chance it could end in a tie? Somebody ask McNabb.

Same here. Gonna be a good one though 

22 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

That '6th ring' is the only reason that Cowboys fans will root HARD for the Rams. They don't want the Patriots to do it when they can't.

1 hour ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

Seventeen years ago, the then-St. Louis Rams were 14-point favorites entering Super Bowl 36 against a nobody New England Patriots team, and they blew it. We didn't know it at the time, but those damn Rams handed the reins of the NFL to the Evil Empire while their Greatest Show on Turf dynasty-that-never-was crumbled, and they eventually high-tailed to LA. Now with the Patriots still going strong in their twilight, the Rams can finally conquer the Evil Empire just like we thought we did last year (I say "thought we did because it's clear they haven't been fully conquered yet).

Rams only moved to St. Louis in the first place because as I remember reading Georgia Frontierre was sick and tired of playing second fiddle to the Lakers, who by the early '90s had dominated the LA sports scene, especially in the "showtime" era.  St. Louis has always been a baseball town first (why Bidwell took the Football Cardinals to Phoenix after the 1987 season) and apparently does not have enough corporate infrastructure to allow an NFL team to easily thrive in St. Louis.  That is why the Rams went back to LA, plus the networks I believe WANTED the NFL to have a team in LA and were more than happy when the Rams returned.  

As for Super Bowl XXXVI, many thought the Rams would romp because they already crushed the Pats in a Sunday nighter in Week 12 in Foxboro (in the old stadium).  What looking back few realized is Andy exposed THAT Rams team a week earlier in the NFC title game when they actually almost beat them in the then Trans World Dome.   That, coupled with an overconfident team is what cost them and it also was in some ways the biggest loss in gambling history for bookies.

Yeah I don't really give a rat's a** about either team. They could both lose and that would be fine by me LOL.

However, the Pats will likely destroy McVay and Goff. As we showed and the Giants showed, you need a vet under center to deal with all the stuff they throw at you.

I don't like the Rams, not sure why but I don't. I don't like the Pats, for obvious reasons. But my brother is a Pats fan so I'll root for them on that basis alone. 

However wouldn't it be poetic if the team who started their dynasty actually ended it? 

Young vs old QBs, young vs old HCs. 

Goff vs Brady. Potential vs GoaT. Stupid vs smart... 😂 Sorry just a little dig back to that first Goff off season. 

10 hours ago, pisceschica said:

Eh..I'm torn about who I want to win the SB but my money is on the pats...

Maybe the rams shock the world and win their rematch like the eagles did 

Rams are favored by a FG.

I am definitely rooting for the Rams.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:56 AM, dawkins4prez said:

Rams are favored by a FG.

It opened Rams -3. I think the odds have already flipped in favor of Patriots.

6 minutes ago, toolg said:

I am definitely rooting for the Rams.

It opened Rams -3. I think the odds have already flipped in favor of Patriots.

It flipped to -1 Patriots but that is still nothing close to how public opinion is putting it.

4 minutes ago, dawkins4prez said:

It flipped to -1 Patriots but that is still nothing close to how public opinion is putting it.

Right. I wonder what Vegas knows... They are begging people to put their money on the Patriots.

I don't want to root FOR the Boy-Sheep.

But I can easily root AGAINST the Cheatriots.

Go Boy-Sheep!!!

1 hour ago, TheGodfather said:

F both of them. Pats will probably win

This post is on point!

I will probably lose more and more interest in the game as it gets closer to game time.  I'll most likely treat it like I did the Alabama/Clemson Title game, just watch a few plays here and there.

12 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

This post is on point!

I will probably lose more and more interest in the game as it gets closer to game time.  I'll most likely treat it like I did the Alabama/Clemson Title game, just watch a few plays here and there.

It has 0 appeal

3 hours ago, toolg said:

Right. I wonder what Vegas knows... They are begging people to put their money on the Patriots.

Vegas hasn't hit much these playoffs.

Rams are phonies.......I can't believe I'm saying this but I want the patriots to kick the sh-- out of them.

Time for Tom to end another Rams dynasty before it begins.

Itll be the best thing for the Eagles in the long run to have Jared Goff’s entrails spilled across Giselle’s front lawn.

Metaphorically speaking.