LA_Eagle_Fan

Time for the Rams to right a wrong

I didnt care either way, but now I am leaning towards wanting the Pats to win. Maybe with this win Tom will finally retire. Also adding another ring puts them another step above the Cowboys which is always delicious.

On 1/22/2019 at 9:28 PM, birdman#12 said:

Rams are phonies.......I can't believe I'm saying this but I want the patriots to kick the sh-- out of them.

I don't know why, but I've been steadily going in this direction too. There's something about the Rams that really annoys me. 

I don't care if Brady gets a 6th ring. The Pats being the greatest dynasty ever to this point, just means the Eagles' victory against them was even more incredible. If the poser Rams with their air of entitlement can beat them, in some way it makes the narrative around what the Eagles, did a little less spectacular, and I don't like that.

1 hour ago, Don Corleone said:

The only teams to beat Brady and Belichick in the Super Bowl reside in the NFC East. Let's keep it that way.

Yeah I like that take on things Don! 

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I don't know why, but I've been steadily going in this direction too. There's something about the Rams that really annoys me. 

I don't care if Brady gets a 6th ring. The Pats being the greatest dynasty ever to this point, just means the Eagles' victory against them was even more incredible. If the poser Rams with their air of entitlement can beat them, in some way it makes the narrative around what the Eagles, did a little less spectacular, and I don't like that.

I've had that thought myself. It'd be cool if we were the one team that beat them in their stretch of 3 straight appearances. 

Well I hate the Steelers more then any team so I hope the Patriots win again to have as many rings. Plus it's funny watching people cry about the Patriots winning

On 1/26/2019 at 11:42 AM, PoconoDon said:

Islander fans DO NOT consider the Pats a dynasty.

To them, a dynasty requires a team to win at least FOUR CONSECUTIVE titles.  The 1979-'83 Isles are STILL the last team in any of the "Big 4" pro sports to do that. 

53 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Islander fans DO NOT consider the Pats a dynasty.

To them, a dynasty requires a team to win at least FOUR CONSECUTIVE titles.  The 1979-'83 Isles are STILL the last team in any of the "Big 4" pro sports to do that. 

Sounds like a ridiculous way of thinking. 

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sounds like a ridiculous way of thinking. 

Most of that group of Islander fans who lived through that era also saw the Montreal Candiens right before the Isles also win four straight from 1975-'79 and also saw other teams win 4-6 titles in a row and/or grew up hearing about UCLA winning seven straight titles in Men's Basketball from 1967-'73, etc.   We would not be having this discussion had in 2016 Draymon Green not done what he did in Game 4 of the NBA Finals leading to a Game 5 suspension and the Cavaliers winning that NBA Finals as the Warriors would have won four straight. 

3 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Most of that group of Islander fans who lived through that era also saw the Montreal Candiens right before the Isles also win four straight from 1975-'79 and also saw other teams win 4-6 titles in a row and/or grew up hearing about UCLA winning seven straight titles in Men's Basketball from 1967-'73, etc.   We would not be having this discussion had in 2016 Draymon Green not done what he did in Game 4 of the NBA Finals leading to a Game 5 suspension and the Cavaliers winning that NBA Finals as the Warriors would have won four straight. 

Since I don’t follow other sports, I have no clue what you’re talking about lol. 

On 1/21/2019 at 2:18 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I don't like the Rams, not sure why but I don't. I don't like the Pats, for obvious reasons. But my brother is a Pats fan so I'll root for them on that basis alone. 

However wouldn't it be poetic if the team who started their dynasty actually ended it? 

I like them less since Goff proclaimed that they "deserved" to win the championship game when everyone knows it was handed to them by the refs.

And Gurley was even more obnoxious about it.

I hope the Pats bury them.

I remember the interview with Warner after the game. He was angry to say the least. He said that the Rams "beat Themselves" and he obviously realized that they blew a game to an inferior team.

But it also closely echoed SB 25, when a high scoring Bills offense was shackled by a Belichick-coached defense.