VaBeach_Eagle

Jeff Fisher Sucks

Last season, two of his former QB's (Nick Foles and Case Keenum) faced off in the NFC Title game, with Nick Foles going on to win the Super Bowl.

This year, the Los Angeles Rams go to the Super Bowl 2 years after he was fired and his 1st round draft pick, Goff will play (of course).

If the Rams go on to win it in 2 weeks, that just triples down on how much Fisher sucked as a HC.

If we put everything into this context, then Steve McNair is the greatest QB of all time. Imagine if he had someone OTHER than Fisher during his prime years!

1 hour ago, PoconoDon said:

Long history of ruining QB's there.

And why I think Foles is going to get a massive contract somewhere. 

Who knows how good Steve McNair could have been if he didn't have to deal with Fisher, dude was a league MVP with him, could have been an all-timer without him.

5 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Who knows how good Steve McNair could have been if he didn't have to deal with Fisher, dude was a league MVP with him, could have been an all-timer without him.

You have to kind of wonder about Vince Young too, though he didn't amount to much after he left the Titans and got away from Fisher. But maybe the Fisher damage was done and was irreversible.

most defensive coordinators aren't very good at developing quarterbacks. If anything, he shouldn't have let his ego get in the way of hiring a high caliber offensive coordinator. 

Awful coach. I don't care about his past accomplishments because it all falls short and are inflated.

Definitely overrated. In 17 years coaching the Titans/Oilers, his teams made the playoffs just 6 times.

I really have no idea how he managed to remain with that organization for as long as he did.

54 minutes ago, Eagles Finest said:

Definitely overrated. In 17 years coaching the Titans/Oilers, his teams made the playoffs just 6 times.

I really have no idea how he managed to remain with that organization for as long as he did.

It's probably because like Cincinnati's owner and Marvin Lewis, they have the philosophy of the devil you know. 

1 hour ago, Eagles Finest said:

Sounds like the career Jason Garrett is trying to emulate.

2 hours ago, Eagles Finest said:

in all fairness, he initially got what I think every head coach should get, unless they're just plain awful and no one in the locker room is supporting him, and that's 5 years at the helm. His first 2 season (1 as an interim coach, and not for the whole season) were bad, but then he had 3 years of 8-8. Certainly not groundbreaking but apparently there was enough potential for the team to stick with him. Especially that last year they must have known something was up because he went 13-3 each of the next 2 seasons including a Super Bowl appearance, a 1-off  bad season of 7-9 before bouncing back and having  11-5 and 12-4 seasons respectively. In 2004 he went 5-11 and 2005 went 4-12. That's when he should have been fired. Even if he was fired then, that's still a 12 season run. For the record, he had 2 more playoff runs after this time though. 

19 hours ago, DakZekeDez said:

How he lasted so long in the NFL is baffling.

7 hours ago, Eagles Finest said:

Steve McNair. McNair made Fisher. Foles, Goff, and Keenum (to some degree) did better away from Fisher.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You have to kind of wonder about Vince Young too, though he didn't amount to much after he left the Titans and got away from Fisher. But maybe the Fisher damage was done and was irreversible.

Unlike Vince Young, Foles had other coaches he was able to go to that likes him-.

22 hours ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

If we put everything into this context, then Steve McNair is the greatest QB of all time. Imagine if he had someone OTHER than Fisher during his prime years!

McNair was a beast! 

There is HBO video of that a**-clown releasing Foles about 20 months before this:

1x9mw06qa9qrqig7zmj4widtfapeifor.jpg?ito

Jeff Fischer does indeed suck but I think we've come to the point where we're overstating his suckiness

It's more likely that the game passed him by than anything else and so his teams regularly were the ones that would engage in extracurricular activities to draw penalties..

Steve McNair was great and even an MVP under Fisher. Vince Young was a complete bum who lacked character and intellect(A ridiculously low score of 7 on the wonderlic). Young still went to 2 pro bowls under Fisher and even Kerry Collins had the best season of his career and only pro bowl appearance under Fisher.

While everyone points at Foles winning the Super Bowl after more recently being let go by the guy who drafted him in the first place, no one is pointing at Keenum falling back to earth in Denver.

Fisher sucks. That's fact. Let's not overstate it though.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, vincent_NJG said:

OK . . . but a Fisher quote and an NFL blurb I found might help to explain at least _some_ of his suckiness:

"There was something missing. But in my world, there is never time to figure out what is, in fact, missing."  Jeff Fisher

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/jeff_fisher_786432

By: Steven Ruiz | December 12, 2017 2:15 pm:

Fisher’s last three starting quarterbacks, Nick Foles, Case Keenum and Jared Goff combined for a passer rating of 72.6 playing under Fisher. Since those three have managed to escape Fisher, they’ve combined for a passer rating of 98.1. That’s basically the difference between Philip Rivers and Tom Savage.  If the quarterback position is the most important in all of football, you do not want Fisher anywhere near your franchise.

And the above was written before Nick Foles  MVP  performance in Super Bowl LII and Jared Goff's 2018 season.

YIKES.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, vincent_NJG said:

It can't be overstated.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, Eagles Finest said:

He managed in large part to remain because the Titans were in "salary cap hell" for years and could not field a high-caliber team. He did more than enough to save his job a lot of his time there. 

On 1/22/2019 at 1:05 AM, skippyx said:

There is HBO video of that a**-clown releasing Foles about 20 months before this:

1x9mw06qa9qrqig7zmj4widtfapeifor.jpg?ito

I saw that clip too, but in fairness, Foles asked to be released.  But then that may have been because of what was going on with Fisher, so maybe Fisher gets the blame anyway for Foles leaving.

11 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I saw that clip too, but in fairness, Foles asked to be released.  But then that may have been because of what was going on with Fisher, so maybe Fisher gets the blame anyway for Foles leaving.

Foles asked those morons to let him out of the contract while they kept him dangling as a high paid 3rd stringer they would eventually cut.

It cost Foles a lot of money as KC was about the only option that late into the league year.

Foles is 100% blameless in that and its why all his contracts are now set up like this current deal.

On 1/31/2019 at 6:40 PM, PoconoDon said:

He should've stuck exclusively to defense.

Him and the Ryan brothers. Very good/great D-Coords, sucky head coaches.