VaBeach_Eagle

Jeff Fisher Sucks

42 minutes ago, eglz1 said:

Him and the Ryan brothers. Very good/great D-Coords, sucky head coaches.

I'm not sure I'd go that far with Rob. He hasn't had a whole lot of success as a defensive coordinator, and has never been a head coach.

On 1/25/2019 at 12:03 PM, McNabbIsGone said:

OK . . . but a Fisher quote and an NFL blurb I found might help to explain at least _some_ of his suckiness:

"There was something missing. But in my world, there is never time to figure out what is, in fact, missing."  Jeff Fisher

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/jeff_fisher_786432

By: Steven Ruiz | December 12, 2017 2:15 pm:

Fisher’s last three starting quarterbacks, Nick Foles, Case Keenum and Jared Goff combined for a passer rating of 72.6 playing under Fisher. Since those three have managed to escape Fisher, they’ve combined for a passer rating of 98.1. That’s basically the difference between Philip Rivers and Tom Savage.  If the quarterback position is the most important in all of football, you do not want Fisher anywhere near your franchise.

And the above was written before Nick Foles  MVP  performance in Super Bowl LII and Jared Goff's 2018 season.

YIKES.

Such a wierd comment. Funny how  in the world of a HC how many other HC's do find the time and make the effort to figure out what is missing and get it fixed.

On 1/22/2019 at 6:57 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Jeff Fischer does indeed suck but I think we've come to the point where we're overstating his suckiness

It's more likely that the game passed him by than anything else and so his teams regularly were the ones that would engage in extracurricular activities to draw penalties..

Steve McNair was great and even an MVP under Fisher. Vince Young was a complete bum who lacked character and intellect(A ridiculously low score of 7 on the wonderlic). Young still went to 2 pro bowls under Fisher and even Kerry Collins had the best season of his career and only pro bowl appearance under Fisher.

While everyone points at Foles winning the Super Bowl after more recently being let go by the guy who drafted him in the first place, no one is pointing at Keenum falling back to earth in Denver.

Fisher sucks. That's fact. Let's not overstate it though.

The Chiefs didn't want to let him go, but they didn't have the money to pick up his option...much like the Eagles now. But according to the latest sources story on that the Eagles have or are expected to pick up the option. It will be up to Nick if he wants to agree to the option or buy back his contract. Much like he did with the Rams...to become a f/a.

1 hour ago, back2nj said:

Such a wierd comment. Funny how  in the world of a HC how many other HC's do find the time

and make the effort to figure out what is missing and get it fixed.

DING!  DING!!  DING!!  DING!!  Give that man a cigar!  

It really is a weird comment to make, even if out of context.  :huh:

You know sucks more than Fisher?  

You guessed it 

the cowboys 

57 minutes ago, SNOORDA said:

You know sucks more than Fisher?  

You guessed it 

the cowboys 

And nothing sucks more than the Cowboys.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:40 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last season, two of his former QB's (Nick Foles and Case Keenum) faced off in the NFC Title game, with Nick Foles going on to win the Super Bowl.

This year, the Los Angeles Rams go to the Super Bowl 2 years after he was fired and his 1st round draft pick, Goff will play (of course).

If the Rams go on to win it in 2 weeks, that just triples down on how much Fisher sucked as a HC.

That I could have told you.  Friend of mine is a big Titans fan, has been since they were the Oilers.  He did nothing but complain about Fisher for a decade.  He runs an offense that is not up to current NFL standards.  It was dated 20 years ago, now it's just garbage.  Imagine what Steve McNair might have been with a real coach....

8 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

And nothing sucks more than the Cowboys.

Here's to you EagleJoe8:

Image result for truth gif

On 1/20/2019 at 10:43 PM, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

If we put everything into this context, then Steve McNair is the greatest QB of all time. Imagine if he had someone OTHER than Fisher during his prime years!

I don't know about being the greatest, but McNair could have been alot more accomplished had he not played for that idiot Fisher.  QB killer. That's what pisses me off the most when people talk about Foles time with the rams......Fisher has f----- up more QBs and their development than anybody I can think of.....I'll never know how the hell he was a head coach for so long.

On 1/22/2019 at 6:57 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Jeff Fischer does indeed suck but I think we've come to the point where we're overstating his suckiness

It's more likely that the game passed him by than anything else and so his teams regularly were the ones that would engage in extracurricular activities to draw penalties..

Steve McNair was great and even an MVP under Fisher. Vince Young was a complete bum who lacked character and intellect(A ridiculously low score of 7 on the wonderlic). Young still went to 2 pro bowls under Fisher and even Kerry Collins had the best season of his career and only pro bowl appearance under Fisher.

While everyone points at Foles winning the Super Bowl after more recently being let go by the guy who drafted him in the first place, no one is pointing at Keenum falling back to earth in Denver.

Fisher sucks. That's fact. Let's not overstate it though.

No, it's not being overstated.......McNair was a unique talent who may have been a HOF candidate had he played for a better coach.  McNair had enormous talent to overcome fisher's considerable shortcomings.

Fisher didn't develop Young........and Collins went to the pro bowl because 2-3 other QBs pulled out.....and he had been in the league for over 10 years, so he wasn't a guys still developing.

Overstated??  No, don't understate how lousy Fisher was with QBs.....

1 hour ago, birdman#12 said:

No, it's not being overstated.......McNair was a unique talent who may have been a HOF candidate had he played for a better coach.  McNair had enormous talent to overcome fisher's considerable shortcomings.

Fisher didn't develop Young........and Collins went to the pro bowl because 2-3 other QBs pulled out.....and he had been in the league for over 10 years, so he wasn't a guys still developing.

Overstated??  No, don't understate how lousy Fisher was with QBs.....

Yeah it's overstated. Fisher was lousy with QBs don't get me wrong but  as I said, the game passed him by. It became offensive and he was stuck in the 90s-early 2000s.

I loved McNair but let's not make that jump. Again, it's one thing if all his qbs struggled under him but flourished elsewhere.

Young is a bum. People knew that going in due to his lack of character and low aptitude. He didn't flourish once he left. He fell out of the league instead.

Collins had an up and down career but had his best season in the twilight of it under Fisher.

Case Keenum came crashing back down to earth after his big 2017 breakout.

Foles is really the exception here and I'm well aware that on here, he has a special following and that's what's driving some of this.

Fisher sucked as an offensive coach and he lived off a super bowl loss for way too long. That being said, we're starting to go overboard. 

Worst coach in history? Nah

Most overrated? Most likely.

Id compare him to Rex or even his father. Had some success. Became mostly liked by the fanbase because of it. Had a reputation that protected him for the most part when he deserved to be fired earlier.

I wouldn't exactly call Collins having a great season as a benefit of Fischer. He played behind a ridiculous run game with White and Johnson in their prime. That made it easy street for a QB that's at least somewhat competent.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:40 AM, vincent_NJG said:

Fisher sucked

That's all that needs to be said... though I'd change it from the past tense... but I guess it could stay that way unless/until he ever gets back into the NFL as a head coach. Which I doubt he ever will, but you never know.

54 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

That's all that needs to be said... though I'd change it from the past tense... but I guess it could stay that way unless/until he ever gets back into the NFL as a head coach. Which I doubt he ever will, but you never know.

*Sigh* the dude was a head coach for 20 years and still has a winning record(barely) as head coach.

Yeah he sucks but as I said, it's overstated. At this point he's just an easy target to pile onto.

Just now, vincent_NJG said:

Yeah he sucks

Again, that's all that needs to be said, but since you want to sort of defend him and his coaching legacy...

He coached the Oilers/Titans for 17 years and he coached the Rams for 5 years, totaling 22 years as a head coach.

In those 22 years, he had 6 seasons with a winning record.  He made it to the Super Bowl in his 6th season as the Oilers/Titans coach, which just happened to be his first ever season with a winning record.

After that Super Bowl season, he had 16 more years as a head coach and in those 16 seasons, he had a winning record in only 5 of them. None of those 5 winning records, came with the Rams.

He was fired after 13 games in the 2016 season. His final season with a winning record was in 2008.

Now, with all of that information, would you want him as the Giants coach for 22 years (his total career)? 17 years (his Oilers/Titans career)? 5 Years (his Rams career)?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Again, that's all that needs to be said, but since you want to sort of defend him and his coaching legacy...

He coached the Oilers/Titans for 17 years and he coached the Rams for 5 years, totaling 22 years as a head coach.

In those 22 years, he had 6 seasons with a winning record.  He made it to the Super Bowl in his 6th season as the Oilers/Titans coach, which just happened to be his first ever season with a winning record.

After that Super Bowl season, he had 16 more years as a head coach and in those 16 seasons, he had a winning record in only 5 of them. None of those 5 winning records, came with the Rams.

He was fired after 13 games in the 2016 season. His final season with a winning record was in 2008.

Now, with all of that information, would you want him as the Giants coach for 22 years (his total career)? 17 years (his Oilers/Titans career)? 5 Years (his Rams career)?

*Sigh* 

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out that it's mostly piling on. 

I already said he sucks multiple times but I'm also saying that it's become overstated. Do I want him? Of course not. The game clearly passed him by and he was never great.

Still, let's be honest the guy is 12th all time in wins but at the same time tied for 1st with losses.

Good? No

Worst ever? Also no.

He's become an easy target. Saying he isn't the worst coach ever and pointing out that people are mostly piling on is not defending his legacy. It's being honest about it 

It's as if people are overcompensating for not universally calling for his firing from the league year before it finally came.

*Sigh* 

I'm not defending him. I'm pointing out that it's mostly piling on. 

I already said he sucks multiple times but I'm also saying that it's become overstated. Do I want him? Of course not. The game clearly passed him by and he was never great.

Still, let's be honest the guy is 12th all time in wins but at the same time tied for 1st with losses.

Good? No

Worst ever? Also no.

He's become an easy target. Saying he isn't the worst coach ever and pointing out that people are mostly piling on is not defending his legacy. It's being honest about it 

It's as if people are overcompensating for not universally calling for his firing from the league year before it finally came.

When you say that it's being 'overstated', then point out his 'winning overall record', you are doing what I said and what I said was 'sort of' defending him. So I didn't say that you were 'flat out' defending him. That's why I qualified the statement with 'sort of'.

After I submit this post, I'll go back and review my posts, but I don't recall saying that he was the 'worst ever'. I won't swear that I didn't say that, but if I did, I'll clarify my meaning.

3 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

Worst ever? Also no.

After going through the pages, I did a search for the word 'worst'. In the actual posts, you're the one that first mentioned that word.

Now, I didn't read all of the posts, to see if anyone was suggesting that he was the worst head coach ever, so maybe someone did. But that word wasn't used until you did.

9 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

After going through the pages, I did a search for the word 'worst'. In the actual posts, you're the one that first mentioned that word.

Now, I didn't read all of the posts, to see if anyone was suggesting that he was the worst head coach ever, so maybe someone did. But that word wasn't used until you did.

I was obviously embellishing because again, when you claim that the only thing you can say to describe Jeff Fisher is that he sucks, you're overstating his suckitude.

2 minutes ago, vincent_NJG said:

I was obviously embellishing because again, when you claim that the only thing you can say to describe Jeff Fisher is that he sucks, you're overstating his suckitude.

Does/did he suck?

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Does/did he suck?

I think I made that clear multiple times now. Yeah he sucks and may go down in history as possibly the most overrated coach ever.

Still to just write him off as "Fisher sucks" is overstating his suckitude

"(Insert coach) sucks" as a description should be reserved for the likes of Jim Zorn, Chip Kelly, Ben McAdoo, Dave Campo, Hue Jackson, etc. 

Yeah he sucks

As I've said multiple times (to you), that's all that needs to be said.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:40 PM, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Last season, two of his former QB's (Nick Foles and Case Keenum) faced off in the NFC Title game, with Nick Foles going on to win the Super Bowl.

This year, the Los Angeles Rams go to the Super Bowl 2 years after he was fired and his 1st round draft pick, Goff will play (of course).

If the Rams go on to win it in 2 weeks, that just triples down on how much Fisher sucked as a HC.

He sucked, and boy did he milk it for everything he could.  He doesn't need to be a DC.  Fisher and his family are set on easy street for the rest of their lives.