EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

Sunday, February 3rd. 

6:30 PM. 

CBS. 

After 17 years, we finally get the rematch the world has been...well I don’t think anyone wanted this, but here we are. 

This is clearly over. The Rams had a nice season, but the idea of a young head coach in his 2nd year into his first head coaching job playing on the biggest stage against the likes of Brady and Belichick and coming out on top is just an absurd idea. Right? :unsure:

One fan base will be hoping to see their team join the Steelers as 6 time Super Bowl winners. The other fan base...well, they’re still trying to find a fan base, but if the Rams ownership asks nicely, there may be a few folks in St. Louis willing to dust off their old Marc Bulger and Sam Bradford jersies, and spend a few thousand dollars to travel and make some noise in Atlanta. It could happen, right? :unsure: 

Falcons fans must be thrilled knowing the Saints won’t be able to win a 2nd title in their home stadium. Instead, they will be waiting with open arms to welcome in a former division rival in the Rams, as well as the Pats who...well, legend has it that there’s some history there. 

Talk about who you hate more, and how much we should have been there instead. 

34 NE - 24 LAR

Brady's got this. Goff is not the guy who can take down the GOAT, not even close.

Hoping for the Pats to win as well, makes our win at SB52 that much more impressive.

The Rams have a chance, they're certainly talented enough. McVay is a savant but if there is one thing I noticed is that when push comes to shove he coaches scared.

If he wants to outcoach Bill Belichick and beat the Patriots then he'll have to be fearless or else Brady and co. will rip his heart out on their way to a sixth(!) Super Bowl win.

Never count them out. Rams do have real talent across all sides of the ball. Question is who shows up that week. We have seen Different Rams each week. Though I am honestly excited to watch this one. Always rooting for Pats to lose.

Rams win. They run Gurley and Anderson into the ground with record rushing yds and TDs keeping Brady off of the field

Rams have a chance at winning this. I'm going with the Pats as of today but we are still 2 weeks away

When the pats lose deep in the playoffs it is because they run into somebody more physical than them.  The rams are not more physical than them.

Not only that, the Rams are the cookie cutter version of team the pats have built their dynasty crushing.  Not enough pass rush to stop Brady and a young Qb that Bellicheck is going to fool into multiple turnovers.

Pats have got this, 34-24 is also my early prediction.

LIII:  A team with no competition in their conference vs. a team with no fan base.

Neither of whom should be playing in the game.

Thanks NFL.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There's a nice potential symmetry to this game... 18 years after the Rams kickstarted this dynasty could they end it? 

Man I hope so.  

it's going to be a heck of a game. Probably a shoot out similar to last year. I will be rooting for the Patriots because I almost always support the AFC in the Super Bowl. 

interestingly, the Belichick era Patriots Super Bowl's (wins or losses) have always come down to the wire. Even against us last, year, which was their biggest win/loss deficit (8 points) it came down to the final play of the game. So even if you hate the Patriots, you should appreciate that the Super Bowl's they're involved in aren't like those blowouts like we used to have back in the day.

In the first half yesterday the Rams looked as unprepared as a team can possibly be. That’s a problem.

Their plan was to use verbal communication in a dome.

the super bowl should be moved to saturday.  going to work the next day sucks...and i've heard statistics about a huge increase in call-off and loss of production the monday after the super bowl.  short of declaring the monday after the sb a national holiday...which won't happen....the best solution is super bowl saturday!!!

Even though Wentz has his ring, could Goff actually go out and win a Super Bowl before him? All that talk last year how both are great, but Wentz was better. Goff actually made some nice throws yesterday. But I guess the obvious star of this team is McVay and Goff is somewhat the product.

Young vs old. I don’t think Goff has that Foles magic. McVay is just as good at creating a game plan to win this game much like the Eagles did last year. I just don’t know if they have the defensive pressure to stop Brady and shut him down when the game is on the line.

27-24 GW FG as time expires. Patriots win.

Don't even want to watch.  Patriots up 14 in first quarter.  Rams miss two opportunities to score early.  Pats have several drives kept alive by penalties.  Patriots win by three scores in the worst attended Superbowl in modern history.

First time in a long time I hate both teams. I usually root for the team who plays the Patriots, but I can't stand the Rams.

I'll be pulling for my numbers in the block pools.

12 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots

Shouldn't that be Patriots vs. Rams, since the Rams will be the 'home' team?

On another note, the Rams should force the Patriots to wear their blue jersey... lol

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Shouldn't that be Patriots vs. Rams, since the Rams will be the 'home' team?

On another note, the Rams should force the Patriots to wear their blue jersey... lol

I felt ‘vs’ was appropriate since it’s a neutral site game, even though one team is designated as ‘home’. 

The jersey idea may be a bad idea. The Pats wore their blue jerseys in Super Bowl 36 lol. 

12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I felt ‘vs’ was appropriate since it’s a neutral site game, even though one team is designated as ‘home’. 

The jersey idea may be a bad idea. The Pats wore their blue jerseys in Super Bowl 36 lol. 

I meant the order of the teams, the home team is usually the one on the right with the visitor on the left. Being a neutral site though, 'vs' is definitely appropriate.

31 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I meant the order of the teams, the home team is usually the one on the right with the visitor on the left. Being a neutral site though, 'vs' is definitely appropriate.

I never considered the left or right aspect of how teams are listed as home or away. I'm used to doing it top (away) or bottom (home).

In the other thread I said the Rams have a chance, but they have to bring their "A" game because we saw what it took the Eagles to beat the Pats last year.

Then looking at the AFCCG this year, you saw that the Chiefs had to go the extra mile and couldn't come up with a win. McVay will have to coach out of his mind. Wade Phillips too.