EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

No one can take this contest seriously after that horrendous officiating in the championship games.

I'll watch because I'm invited to a SB watching party to hang out with friends but the game itself leaves me cold, and the NFL product is seriously tainted.

If I'm McVay and the Rams, I plan like the Eagles did last year -   SCORE SCORE SCORE and hope you have enough points when the clock hits 0:00.    Rams can win, but don't think Belichick and Brady won't come ready.    

Welp, the Rams and their Dream Team on Defense worked out for them.  Signed those players to high salaries, those 'troubled' players, and the Super Bowl they get too.

I have no point to my post.

3 hours ago, LacesOut said:

… worked out for them.

Not yet. Lose on February 3rd and they may as well have missed the playoffs.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:31 PM, Captain F said:

Over/Under

Rams fans at the SB

I'm taking the under.

21 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

In case anyone is interested, John Parry is the head Ref for Super Bowl LIII.

https://twitter.com/NFLOfficiating/status/1085265922020044800

Looks like I need to figure out how to properly embed Tweets.

Are you on your phone? 

If you are, all you have to do is click desktop view to copy the non-mobile link and the tweet will embed automatically when you paste it

52 minutes ago, pisceschica said:

Are you on your phone? 

If you are, all you have to do is click desktop view to copy the non-mobile link and the tweet will embed automatically when you paste it

I'm actually on my PC at the moment. I often post from my phone, but I've never figured out how to post pics from there or other external things like Tweets.

48 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I'm actually on my PC at the moment. I often post from my phone, but I've never figured out how to post pics from there or other external things like Tweets.

I got on my laptop and figured it out. On the tweet to the right of the "follow" button click the drop down arrow and click copy tweet, you can also just copy whats in the address bar. Then when you come to the messageboard, right click, and choose "paste as plain text" or CTRL+SHIFT+v and your tweet will be embeded..pic below. 

twitter.JPG

AHA! Thanks Pisces! I was just clicking paste. Thanks for the help!

One year ago (almost exactly)…

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 2:59 PM, LacesOut said:

Hopefully the Pats will come out tight and the Birds will be loose, have fun, and hit them in the mouth.  Pats have a way of getting behind in SB's.  Would love to see that happen.

That's from the Super Bowl LII thread in TATE (Not the game day thread)

On 1/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, Greenakers2 said:

LIII:  A team with no competition in their conference vs. a team with no fan base.

Neither of whom should be playing in the game.

Thanks NFL.

So true. The least interested I've been in a SB in a long while.

Also if Andy had used the clock better to help his defense rest he could've...oh well. That's story of AR isn't it?

7 hours ago, pisceschica said:

History of SB rematches 

I mentioned something similar in an earlier post a few days ago. As of today, the Patriots have never won a rematch.

On 1/21/2019 at 10:31 PM, Captain F said:

Over/Under

Rams fans at the SB

On 1/26/2019 at 11:27 AM, PoconoDon said:

I'm taking the under.

Me too. Their only hope is that some people from St. Louis make the trip, because you know the Cali folks are staying home and chillin on the beach. 

----

I think the Rams have the pass rush to give Brady problems, but that pass rush is mostly just Donald and not Strahan, Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwanuka or Cox, Graham, Barnett, Long. You need waves of pass rushers that are knocking Brady down on almost every play to beat him.

Pats 30 Rams 20. 

On 1/21/2019 at 9:12 PM, GNS_CLFD said:

If I'm McVay and the Rams, I plan like the Eagles did last year -   SCORE SCORE SCORE and hope you have enough points when the clock hits 0:00.    Rams can win, but don't think Belichick and Brady won't come ready.    

One thing is for certain, the patriots will be prepared and will not beat themselves. We have seen it time and again.  The eagles had to play almost flawless and take big risks to beat them. 

This will be no different.  

Inthink the experience wins the day and the patriots get #6

17 hours ago, pisceschica said:

History of SB rematches 

Crazy that the dolphins and redskins met twice 

41 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Me too. Their only hope is that some people from St. Louis make the trip, because you know the Cali folks are staying home and chillin on the beach. 

----

I think the Rams have the pass rush to give Brady problems, but that pass rush is mostly just Donald and not Strahan, Tuck, Osi, JPP, Kiwanuka or Cox, Graham, Barnett, Long. You need waves of pass rushers that are knocking Brady down on almost every play to beat him.

Pats 30 Rams 20. 

I think the Pats win, although I haven't settled on a score yet. The N.E. O-line is better than people give them credit for. They're solid. TB12 gets rid of the ball quick too. Once Donald and Suh get tired, it's over up front. On defense, they're not great, but they just don't make many mistakes. I think once the Pats weather the early storm, they'll take over and if Goff makes any mistakes, they'll capitalize like they always do. Ultimately, I think experience wins the day. We'll see.

If Brady and/or Belichick are guaranteed to retire after a win on Sunday, would you want the Patriots to win? On the flip side, if they're guaranteed NOT to retire regardless of a win or loss, would you want the Rams to win?