EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

I want them to lose either way. Brady seeks out Mahomes after winning the AFC. Not so sure that happens if he loses. He's the best QB I've ever seen no doubt, but I've seen enough.

More than anything, I find it impossible to root for them after the 05 superbowl.... cheating turds.

2 hours ago, DMMVP said:

I want them to lose either way. Brady seeks out Mahomes after winning the AFC. Not so sure that happens if he loses. He's the best QB I've ever seen no doubt, but I've seen enough.

You can just look back to Super Bowl LII to be sure of whether or not he would seek out the winning QB.

Joe Montana is the best I've ever seen.

On 1/22/2019 at 1:12 AM, GNS_CLFD said:

If I'm McVay and the Rams, I plan like the Eagles did last year -   SCORE SCORE SCORE and hope you have enough points when the clock hits 0:00.    Rams can win, but don't think Belichick and Brady won't come ready.    

I expect the Rams to just go nuts with the fake kicks & punts.  Like 2 in the same drive nuts.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

You can just look back to Super Bowl LII to be sure of whether or not he would seek out the winning QB.

Joe Montana is the best I've ever seen.

A case can be made either way.

I hope they lose on Sunday and we get to see TB12 slink off to the lockers.

The person that did this, ended up getting fired. But it's not like he was making 'fake news'. All he did was add a truthful caption...

KDKA-Tom-Brady-832x444.jpg.f6bdee721ca415a6bfa2c8636fe5aadc.jpg

I have no doubt the Pats cheated which made the difference in the 04 SB.

F Brady and those easily offended. I hope the Rams win Sunday and they have footage of him cowering into the locker room.

16 hours ago, eagles_crazy said:

Just curious on the comparison so I looked up the stats for the past 2 seasons.

Brady (32 games):
760/1151 66% 8,932 YDS 61 TDs 5.3% 19 INTs 1.7%  279.1 YPG 100.2 Passer Rating

Goff (31 games):
660/1038 63.6% 8,492 YDS 60 TDs 5.8% 19 INTs 1.8% 273.9 YPG 100.8 Passer Rating

And since this is an Eagles board...

Wentz (24 games):
544/841 64.7% 6,370 YDS 54 TDs 6.4% 14 INTs 1.7% 265.4 YPG 102.0 Passer Rating

I was further curious to see what the numbers would be if Goff and Wentz had both played all 32 games, like Brady did so using their averages, I stretched the numbers out over 32 games...

Goff:
681/1072 63.5% 8,766 YDS 62 TDs 5.8% 20 INTs 1.9% 100.6 Passer Rating

Wentz:
725/1121 64.7% 8,493 YDS 72 TDs 6.4% 19 INTs 1.7% 101.9 Passer Rating

Shows how important it is for Wentz to stay healthy, if he can continue to produce those kinds of numbers.

4 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Just curious on the comparison so I looked up the stats for the past 2 seasons.

Brady (32 games):
760/1151 66% 8,932 YDS 61 TDs 5.3% 19 INTs 1.7%  279.1 YPG 100.2 Passer Rating

Goff (31 games):
660/1038 63.6% 8,492 YDS 60 TDs 5.8% 19 INTs 1.8% 273.9 YPG 100.8 Passer Rating

And since this is an Eagles board...

Wentz (24 games):
544/841 64.7% 6,370 YDS 54 TDs 6.4% 14 INTs 1.7% 265.4 YPG 102.0 Passer Rating

I was further curious to see what the numbers would be if Goff and Wentz had both played all 32 games, like Brady did so using their averages, I stretched the numbers out over 32 games...

Goff:
681/1072 63.5% 8,766 YDS 62 TDs 5.8% 20 INTs 1.9% 100.6 Passer Rating

Wentz:
725/1121 64.7% 8,493 YDS 72 TDs 6.4% 19 INTs 1.7% 101.9 Passer Rating

Shows how important it is for Wentz to stay healthy, if he can continue to produce those kinds of numbers.

Whats so ironic is if you would have asked what qb would fail to finish two seasons out of the 3 healthy, i would have bet the house it would be the slender Goff.

Two straight seasons and two major injuries for Wentz, while Goff continues to not miss a game due to injury.

The best ability can be a players durability and availability. Wentz for sure does not have that right now.

Not trying to change the subject. 😎

On 1/21/2019 at 6:50 PM, The_Talon said:

it's going to be a heck of a game. Probably a shoot out similar to last year. I will be rooting for the Patriots because I almost always support the AFC in the Super Bowl. 

interestingly, the Belichick era Patriots Super Bowl's (wins or losses) have always come down to the wire. Even against us last, year, which was their biggest win/loss deficit (8 points) it came down to the final play of the game. So even if you hate the Patriots, you should appreciate that the Super Bowl's they're involved in aren't like those blowouts like we used to have back in the day.

I appreciate exactly nothing about the Patriots.

OK so... 

I've decided... 

I'm rooting for the Pats. I hate to say it. I feel dirty saying it but yep I want the Pats to win. 

Let's say the Patriots lose, and let's say that they never win another Super Bowl with Brady.

How would that affect Brady's 'legacy' (for those that don't want to acknowledge the cheating aspect of his time in New England)? He'd be 5-4.

I get the idea of being able to say, "The Eagles could do it.  Why couldn't L.A.?"  There's value there.  But I can't pull for the Patriots.  I just can't.

MARTIN-GRANGER_SKITTLES_SHEEP-BOYS-600x3

Go Boy-Sheep!!!

On 1/31/2019 at 7:34 PM, eagles_crazy said:

Whats so ironic is if you would have asked what qb would fail to finish two seasons out of the 3 healthy, i would have bet the house it would be the slender Goff.

Two straight seasons and two major injuries for Wentz, while Goff continues to not miss a game due to injury.

Agree, I truly thought Goff would be battered and bruised. The kid is a sneaky good player. I didn't even realize he put up those kind of stats as shown above.

I hope Rams lose, that will make Nick an even more valuable asset for trade..

At this point NE and Brady have 5 rings. May as well get 6 because as much as I hate it I think NE winning validates our success more.

So just realised... In every single SB win for Brady he's had to orchestrate a fourth quarter come back. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

At this point NE and Brady have 5 rings. May as well get 6 because as much as I hate it I think NE winning validates our success more.

So just realised... In every single SB win for Brady he's had to orchestrate a fourth quarter come back. 

Unfortunately, that's not the case in Super Bowl 39. We entered the 4th quarter tied at 14, and NE had a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go. McNabb threw a 30 yard TD to Greg Lewis 1 play after the TMW that brought us to within 3.

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Unfortunately, that's not the case in Super Bowl 39. We entered the 4th quarter tied at 14, and NE had a 10 point lead with 2 minutes to go. McNabb threw a 30 yard TD to Greg Lewis 1 play after the TMW that brought us to within 3.

Interesting... But he did have a 4th quarter drive to take the lead then! 

Just now, mike030270 said:

There may be some kneeling during the halftime show

I may use that time for a power nap. Another terrible halftime show choice. 

I don't remember who the halftime show is featuring. Not that it'll likely matter. I can't recall ever caring about the halftime show. Maybe if it were Dorenbos doing 35-40 minutes of his magic, I'd be interested.

12 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don't remember who the halftime show is featuring. Not that it'll likely matter. I can't recall ever caring about the halftime show. Maybe if it were Dorenbos doing 35-40 minutes of his magic, I'd be interested.

I believe it's Maroon 5? Which is an improvement over the god awful elevator music we had last year in Coldplay. 

6 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I believe it's Maroon 5? Which is an improvement over the god awful elevator music we had last year in Coldplay. 

Wasn't it Timberlake last year? I was so tense I barely remember. The 10 point lead was great, but after Super Bowl 51, I knew it wasn't enough.

I’d like them to get a rock band doing the show. Will be interesting to see if viewers drop during the second half because of the kneeling when a lot of people don’t even car to watch this SB because of who is playing