EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

Lowest SB rating since 2009, lowest rated state was NO..don't blame them, NFL Rigged that crap so they could push the LA Rams, when LA doesn't give a crap about football..

15 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

For the first half...

Goff:

5/12 41.7% 52 YDS 0 TDs  0 INTs 54.9 Passer Rating 

For the game:

19/38 50% 229 YDS 0 TDs 1 INT 57.9 Passer Rating

I'd rather watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High (which was on at the same time as the SB) than endure 1 second of Maroon 5.  Suckey half time show for a suckey game.

I should change that to be moron 5... sorry.

28 minutes ago, Fireeagle27 said:

I'd rather watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High (which was on at the same time as the SB) than endure 1 second of Maroon 5.  Suckey half time show for a suckey game.

When has the super bowl ever had a good half time show.

They need to stop getting some corporate sponsored band and do something like a magic show or death defying stunt where some dude jumps over 30 flaming buses while doing a back flip while playing a bavarian cheese whistle. trotting out some band and singers to try and placate to all the different masses is blah.

13 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

What is going on with Gurley?

He’s got to be injured right?

2 hours ago, toolg said:

Every team has to deal with injuries and stuff. What if Gurley was healthy? Does he run over the Patriots and the Rams win the Super Bowl? What if the Chiefs didn't have to deal with the Kareem Hunt fallout? Are they stronger and beat the Pats in the AFCCG?

Yes, the Eagles were dealt a bad hand this season. I am looking forward to a better Eagles team in 2019.

Yes, they all have to deal with injuries.  It's the number of injuries that alter a season.  And Hunt wasn't hurt, he was suspended for personal conduct.

And gurley being hurt is exactly why a RB by committee is a way better way to go.  4 versatile RBs who can do any number of things instead of one workhorse. 

13 hours ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

What is going on with Gurley?

19 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

He’s got to be injured right?

Gurley was kept out of the last 2 regular season games due to knee inflammation. Then the Rams had the bye week off in the playoffs. After 3 weeks rest Gurley was pretty good against the Cowboys. Then he never really got it going against the Saints and Patriots.

It makes you think something is still wrong with his knee... Why is/was it swollen?

1 hour ago, Fireeagle27 said:

Haha, dude was a song away from going full monty.

2 hours ago, pencil face said:

Lowest SB rating since 2009, lowest rated state was NO..don't blame them, NFL Rigged that crap so they could push the LA Rams, when LA doesn't give a crap about football..

That is a stunning factoid for a Boston-LA SB.  Two of top 5 markets.

1 hour ago, dawkins4prez said:

That is a stunning factoid for a Boston-LA SB.  Two of top 5 markets.

I think the whole country is tired of the Patriots.  And leading up to the game, the Boy-Sheep did nothing to inspire anyone.

There just wasn't enough reason for anyone to care.

Super Bowl LIII Records set or tied:

Set

• Oldest head coach, winning team: Belichick (66)
  • Longest punt: Johnny Hekker (65 yards)
  • Most games, team: 11 (New England)
  • Fewest points, game, both teams: 16
  • Fewest points, game, winning team: 13 (Patriots)
  • Fewest points through three quarters, both teams: 6 
  • Fewest touchdowns, game, both teams: 1
  • Fewest PATs, game, both teams: 1
  • Fewest kickoff returns, game, both teams: 2
  • Most consecutive drives ending with a punt, game, team: 8 (Rams)

Tied

• Most field goals, career: 7, Stephen Gostkowski
  • Most receptions, first half: 7, Julian Edelman
  • Most punt returns, career: 8, Julian Edelman
  • Most games won, team: 6, New England
  • Fewest points, game, team: 3, Rams
  • Fewest touchdowns, game, team: 0, Rams
  • Most first downs by penalty, game, team: 4, New England
  • Fewest touchdowns, passing, game, both teams: 0
  • Fewest fumbles lost, game, both teams: 0

Super Bowl LIII between the Patriots and Rams was last night. Who threw the last Touchdown pass in a Super Bowl (to date)?

Nick Foles, Super Bowl LII

I tried to find SB 52 on demand through Comcast and they kept bringing up SB 53.  Wanted to watch a good Superbowl.    Way to go Comcast.  😞

4 minutes ago, Fireeagle27 said:

I tried to find SB 52 on demand through Comcast and they kept bringing up SB 53.  Wanted to watch a good Superbowl.    Way to go Comcast.  😞

Sign up for a free preview of NFL Game Pass, on NFL.COM. Just be sure to cancel it before they charge you for a full subscription.

Think we can all agree Saints and Pats would have been more interesting. Payton and Brees might have had a bad game but were not going to be the lightweights in the super bowl McVay and Goff were.  If I wasn't so pissed over Sean Payton being a jack*** earlier this year in the eagles game may have pulled for them.

30 minutes ago, Iron_Eagle_04 said:

Think we can all agree Saints and Pats would have been more interesting. Payton and Brees might have had a bad game but were not going to be the lightweights in the super bowl McVay and Goff were.  If I wasn't so pissed over Sean Payton being a jack*** earlier this year in the eagles game may have pulled for them.

Maybe, the saints were crappy at the end of the season and in the playoffs. 

Man, losing the Super Bowl is the worst.  Yeah, you got to the Super Bowl, but in the end, you didn't win the Super Bowl, the same as the last-place team that was eliminated from the playoffs in Week 10.  The entire journey adds up to nothing, and really adds a bitter taste to what was a ton of great memories from the year.  

(Yes, I'm in that horrible "heart ripped out" phase of dealing with a sports loss).

I have every reason to root for the rams (once the eagles are out of contention).  

I was a rams fan as a small child (40 years ago).

I work for Inglewood. Have for almost 30 years.  And this city is about to blow sky high in revenue.  The stadium, the clippers arena, all the hotels and businesses, the rams will be literally paying the bills. 

Shoot just a few weeks ago We just made a rams and chargers team logos with our new CNC machine and mounted them on top of city hall. 

I love the rams uni.  2nd best only to the eagles.  

Born and raised in LA and die hard lakers/Dodgers fan

Pretty much all my close friends are rams fans and I was with them watching the super bowl

but for some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out why I loved watching them get smacked down last night   And I hate the patriots too

can someone explain this?

4 hours ago, 55thAndRams said:

Man, losing the Super Bowl is the worst.  Yeah, you got to the Super Bowl, but in the end, you didn't win the Super Bowl, the same as the last-place team that was eliminated from the playoffs in Week 10.  The entire journey adds up to nothing, and really adds a bitter taste to what was a ton of great memories from the year.  

(Yes, I'm in that horrible "heart ripped out" phase of dealing with a sports loss).

There is a solution to the pain. Embrace LII. Claim it as your own, and celebrate the greatness.

17 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Sign up for a free preview of NFL Game Pass, on NFL.COM. Just be sure to cancel it before they charge you for a full subscription.

NFL  on youtube plays a shortened version of the game. I watched that and some other NFL  super bowl 52 stuff the other day.

18 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Thanks VABeach.  I know it was on Tuesday night and planned on using the DVR, but was teaching a basement fires class that night and ran out without recording.  Good suggestion.

1 hour ago, robj80 said:

NFL  on youtube plays a shortened version of the game. I watched that and some other NFL  super bowl 52 stuff the other day.

This was another great suggestion.  Wonder how many Eagles fans did this to watch a more exciting Super Bowl... especially since we know who won  🙂