EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

11 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

I have every reason to root for the rams (once the eagles are out of contention).  

I was a rams fan as a small child (40 years ago).

I work for Inglewood. Have for almost 30 years.  And this city is about to blow sky high in revenue.  The stadium, the clippers arena, all the hotels and businesses, the rams will be literally paying the bills. 

Shoot just a few weeks ago We just made a rams and chargers team logos with our new CNC machine and mounted them on top of city hall. 

I love the rams uni.  2nd best only to the eagles.  

Born and raised in LA and die hard lakers/Dodgers fan

Pretty much all my close friends are rams fans and I was with them watching the super bowl

but for some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out why I loved watching them get smacked down last night   And I hate the patriots too

can someone explain this?

Snoorda, you now have to let us know how you became such an Eagles fan.  It is a good thing to have other favorite teams when your #1 team is no longer in the playoffs or not playing well.  I always liked the Chargers, Seahawks and Falcons (mostly because we wore their jerseys in High School)... and anyone playing against Dallas is automatically my favorite for that game.  

11 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

but for some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out why I loved watching them get smacked down last night   And I hate the patriots too

Once an Eagles fan, always an Eagles fan.  Eagle_smiley.jpg   Eagles fandom is strong. You aren't jumping on the Rams bandwagon like everyone else.

I wasn't exactly rooting for the Rams either, but they were preferable to me.  I did not enjoy watching the Patriots win.

2 hours ago, toolg said:

Once an Eagles fan, always an Eagles fan.  Eagle_smiley.jpg   Eagles fandom is strong. You aren't jumping on the Rams bandwagon like everyone else.

I wasn't exactly rooting for the Rams either, but they were preferable to me.  I did not enjoy watching the Patriots win.

See that's what I dont get is that I did enjoyed watching the Rams lose more than disliking watching the Pats win.  I think it had more to do with the fact that it reaffirmed just how good last years Eagles team was on that day against the BB and the GOAT 

2 hours ago, Fireeagle27 said:

Snoorda, you now have to let us know how you became such an Eagles fan.  It is a good thing to have other favorite teams when your #1 team is no longer in the playoffs or not playing well.  I always liked the Chargers, Seahawks and Falcons (mostly because we wore their jerseys in High School)... and anyone playing against Dallas is automatically my favorite for that game.  

A few things that I can remember.  One was the crushing feeling I felt when the Rams lost to the Steelers.  And being so young I hated the feeling and jumped ship.  I didn't know much about the Eagles at the time.  But the very next year the Eagles went to the Super Bowl and when I saw that helmet I was hooked.  Then the Randall era began and it was a rap.  Randall was so exciting to watch.  Anything could happen on any play with the ball in his hands and he kept you glued to the TV. 

Keep in mind that there was no NFL package or internet back then so I honestly do not know how I was able to follow the Eagles enough stay so loyal and sooo diehard.  But I was and none of my friends could understand why. I just knew they were my team for life though.  

As far Dallas. I HATED them from the jump. Before being an Eagles fan.  And it was a deep hatred.  Weird but I am soo thankful...

On 2/3/2019 at 10:20 PM, CaliEagle said:

It's the whole conference really.  The East is easy, but KC is as unclutch as it gets. The Chargers are frauds and historically always have been.  If the Pats were in the NFC, they would be lucky to have 3 SBs.

Disagreed about the conference, the Ravens and Steelers won a SB the last 18 years, Broncos multiple SB appearances, Indy won a SB as well. Meanwhile the only other QB in the AFC East to even win a playoff game during the Brady Belichick era is Mark Freakin Sanchez. That’s your most accomplished QB in the AFC East outside Brady during this run. Sheesh. The dolphins haven’t won a playoff game since 2000, Brady’s rookie season, the Bills since the mid 90s. Every other division in football has sent multiple teams to the SB this millennium except the AFC East.

17 hours ago, SNOORDA said:

I'll take a stab at it...

You're an Eagles fan. In the 2016 draft, Jared Goff was drafted #1 and Carson Wentz was drafted #2. You want Carson Wentz to have more success on the field than Jared Goff has. Yes, Carson was key to the Eagles 2017 Championship season, but he didn't play in the playoffs or the Super Bowl.

So you want Carson Wentz to hoist a Lombardi, after having played in the Super Bowl, before Jared Goff does. Thus proving that Jeff Fisher and his crew, made a mistake in not taking Carson at #1 and in so doing, proving the superiority of Howie Roseman and crew.

Also, Sean McVay stole Doug Pederson's Coach of the Year award. Sure, we won the Super Bowl 24 hours after the theft took place, and that's really all that matters. But as Eagles fans, we hold grudges and the theft of an honor that RIGHTFULLY belonged to our coach, is unforgivable! So seeing McVay fail in epic fashion, is fun. Especially after having seen Doug Pederson succeed in epic fashion, a year earlier in the same game, showing his superiority over the kid coach.

How'd I do? Does that explain it?

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Well I dunno about @SNOORDA but that summed it up nicely for me! That's definitely how I feel. 

2 hours ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I'll take a stab at it...

You're an Eagles fan. In the 2016 draft, Jared Goff was drafted #1 and Carson Wentz was drafted #2. You want Carson Wentz to have more success on the field than Jared Goff has. Yes, Carson was key to the Eagles 2017 Championship season, but he didn't play in the playoffs or the Super Bowl.

So you want Carson Wentz to hoist a Lombardi, after having played in the Super Bowl, before Jared Goff does. Thus proving that Jeff Fisher and his crew, made a mistake in not taking Carson at #1 and in so doing, proving the superiority of Howie Roseman and crew.

Also, Sean McVay stole Doug Pederson's Coach of the Year award. Sure, we won the Super Bowl 24 hours after the theft took place, and that's really all that matters. But as Eagles fans, we hold grudges and the theft of an honor that RIGHTFULLY belonged to our coach, is unforgivable! So seeing McVay fail in epic fashion, is fun. Especially after having seen Doug Pederson succeed in epic fashion, a year earlier in the same game, showing his superiority over the kid coach.

Yeah that is a big part of it now that mention it...  

On 2/3/2019 at 11:36 PM, The_Talon said:

in California? I might have bumped into a couple here and there over the last 22 years. 

Lots of Niners/Raiders fans (for the record, I hate the 49ers more than I hate the Cowboys, but the Niners were one of my most hated teams when I lived back east too. I don't mind the Raiders). 

Decent amount of Rams fans

Decent amount of Chargers fans

Decent amount of Cowboys fans

Seahawks fans here and there (but not everywhere)

The occasional fan of just about any other team

Point being, you don't interact with New England fans.    Until you do, you won't really understand the hatred one feels, towards them.  Cheating the eagles out of a superbowl win also has something to do with it. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

See forgive me but... Is that not holding? 

Hard to tell based on a still photo alone. Pats #83’s hand doesn’t seem much different than Rams # 28’s hand. 

1 hour ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hard to tell based on a still photo alone. Pats #83’s hand doesn’t seem much different than Rams # 28’s hand. 

I guess my point was (and I wasn't clear) it's so hard to judge and the wrong calls get made so often. There's no consistency and it is rather frustrating. 

I can see how one's team winning a 6th ring can be a stressful event. 

7 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Rams #28 is being blocked. He's not preventing a player from doing something. Pats #83 is marginal, because his hand is not fully on the side. During the game, it looked like one of the Rams linemen was being bear hugged. I can't find that footage to review.