EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Crazy how fast a year goes by, yes? SMH. Life moves too quickly as we age.

Hard to believe tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the greatest day in sports history of the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hard to believe tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the greatest day in sports history of the world.

And I will celebrate that wonderful Anniversary by watching - for like the 4,578th time - the Greatest Day in Sports History of the World.

Eagle_smiley.jpg:towel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't have a strong rooting interest in either team winning or losing. On one hand, I never want Brady and the Cheaters to win. On the other hand, I don't particularly want McVay/Goff to win. In part because of the 'Wentz gets no credit for the Super Bowl Season' narrative, in part because I just don't like McVay.

That's the "I don't want _________ to win" side. On the "I'd enjoy __________ winning" side:

I know from reading LII game day threads that Cowboys fans don't want Brady and the Patriots to get a 6th ring before they do. So, that aspect would be fun, if the Patriots win. Also, the prospect of Brady and Belicheat calling it a career if they were to win, is good for the league.

To piggyback on that last sentence, if the Rams win and the Patriots lose 2 in a row, would that cause the two cheaters to call it quits in order to try to preserve their perceived 'legacy'? A loss tonight would make them 5-4. 9 Super Bowl appearances is a great achievement, but losing 4 (2 back to back), would decrease some of the 'shine'. Lose a 5th at some point, making them .500, would hurt even more.

So in conclusion...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

And I will celebrate that wonderful Anniversary by watching - for like the 4,578th time ...

Since that day, a year ago, I think I've actually watched it around 100 times. If not in full, then at least in part. I tend to skip the Patriots offensive series with the exceptions of the Cooks knockout and the final 2 minutes (strip sack and final drive failure). I authored my Blu Ray of the game so that there's chapter points at each commercial break, so skipping individual drives is as easy as the push of a button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I honestly don't have a strong rooting interest in either team winning or losing. On one hand, I never want Brady and the Cheaters to win. On the other hand, I don't particularly want McVay/Goff to win. In part because of the 'Wentz gets no credit for the Super Bowl Season' narrative, in part because I just don't like McVay.

That's the "I don't want _________ to win" side. On the "I'd enjoy __________ winning" side:

I know from reading LII game day threads that Cowboys fans don't want Brady and the Patriots to get a 6th ring before they do. So, that aspect would be fun, if the Patriots win. Also, the prospect of Brady and Belicheat calling it a career if they were to win, is good for the league.

To piggyback on that last sentence, if the Rams win and the Patriots lose 2 in a row, would that cause the two cheaters to call it quits in order to try to preserve their perceived 'legacy'? A loss tonight would make them 5-4. 9 Super Bowl appearances is a great achievement, but losing 4 (2 back to back), would decrease some of the 'shine'. Lose a 5th at some point, making them .500, would hurt even more.

So in conclusion...

 

That was a big reason I pulled for Pitt in 08.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol didn't realize the time and thought I missed it and felt meh about missing it. Looked at the time and realize it'll start soon. Still meh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too surprising. Rams don't have a strangle hold in LA. I wouldn't be surprised if some are left over from the STL era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Eagles Finest said:

Chris "rings" Long. B-)

Hope he stays one more year, and gets another ring next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To think, a year ago at this time, many of us had our stomachs in knots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

To think, a year ago at this time, many of us had our stomachs in knots.

My stomach wasn’t in a knot until just over two min left in 4th after Ertz scored

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pisceschica said:

My stomach wasn’t in a knot until just over two min left in 4th after Ertz scored

I was the whole time. In fact, all 3 postseason games, I couldn't eat dinner until after the games were over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

watching all this pregame stuff just wants me to experience it all again next year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now