EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

9 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Crazy how fast a year goes by, yes? SMH. Life moves too quickly as we age.

Hard to believe tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the greatest day in sports history of the world.

30 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Hard to believe tomorrow is the 1 year anniversary of the greatest day in sports history of the world.

And I will celebrate that wonderful Anniversary by watching - for like the 4,578th time - the Greatest Day in Sports History of the World.

Eagle_smiley.jpg:towel:

I honestly don't have a strong rooting interest in either team winning or losing. On one hand, I never want Brady and the Cheaters to win. On the other hand, I don't particularly want McVay/Goff to win. In part because of the 'Wentz gets no credit for the Super Bowl Season' narrative, in part because I just don't like McVay.

That's the "I don't want _________ to win" side. On the "I'd enjoy __________ winning" side:

I know from reading LII game day threads that Cowboys fans don't want Brady and the Patriots to get a 6th ring before they do. So, that aspect would be fun, if the Patriots win. Also, the prospect of Brady and Belicheat calling it a career if they were to win, is good for the league.

To piggyback on that last sentence, if the Rams win and the Patriots lose 2 in a row, would that cause the two cheaters to call it quits in order to try to preserve their perceived 'legacy'? A loss tonight would make them 5-4. 9 Super Bowl appearances is a great achievement, but losing 4 (2 back to back), would decrease some of the 'shine'. Lose a 5th at some point, making them .500, would hurt even more.

So in conclusion...

1 hour ago, LacesOut said:

And I will celebrate that wonderful Anniversary by watching - for like the 4,578th time ...

Since that day, a year ago, I think I've actually watched it around 100 times. If not in full, then at least in part. I tend to skip the Patriots offensive series with the exceptions of the Cooks knockout and the final 2 minutes (strip sack and final drive failure). I authored my Blu Ray of the game so that there's chapter points at each commercial break, so skipping individual drives is as easy as the push of a button.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I honestly don't have a strong rooting interest in either team winning or losing. On one hand, I never want Brady and the Cheaters to win. On the other hand, I don't particularly want McVay/Goff to win. In part because of the 'Wentz gets no credit for the Super Bowl Season' narrative, in part because I just don't like McVay.

That's the "I don't want _________ to win" side. On the "I'd enjoy __________ winning" side:

I know from reading LII game day threads that Cowboys fans don't want Brady and the Patriots to get a 6th ring before they do. So, that aspect would be fun, if the Patriots win. Also, the prospect of Brady and Belicheat calling it a career if they were to win, is good for the league.

To piggyback on that last sentence, if the Rams win and the Patriots lose 2 in a row, would that cause the two cheaters to call it quits in order to try to preserve their perceived 'legacy'? A loss tonight would make them 5-4. 9 Super Bowl appearances is a great achievement, but losing 4 (2 back to back), would decrease some of the 'shine'. Lose a 5th at some point, making them .500, would hurt even more.

So in conclusion...

That was a big reason I pulled for Pitt in 08.

Lol didn't realize the time and thought I missed it and felt meh about missing it. Looked at the time and realize it'll start soon. Still meh

Not too surprising. Rams don't have a strangle hold in LA. I wouldn't be surprised if some are left over from the STL era.

Just now, Eagles Finest said:

Chris "rings" Long. B-)

Hope he stays one more year, and gets another ring next year.

To think, a year ago at this time, many of us had our stomachs in knots.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

To think, a year ago at this time, many of us had our stomachs in knots.

My stomach wasn’t in a knot until just over two min left in 4th after Ertz scored

Just now, pisceschica said:

My stomach wasn’t in a knot until just over two min left in 4th after Ertz scored

I was the whole time. In fact, all 3 postseason games, I couldn't eat dinner until after the games were over.

watching all this pregame stuff just wants me to experience it all again next year