EagleJoe8

Super Bowl LIII: Rams vs Patriots.

2 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

To think, a year ago at this time, many of us had our stomachs in knots.

I actually missed the first few minutes of the game. Lol. I thought it started around 6:40. So as I was driving to the bar where I watched it, I missed the kickoff and some of the first drive. I guess my brain was a mess the whole day prior to the game. Nerves, anxiety, etc..

1 minute ago, D-Shiznit said:

Gladys is awesome, crazy good rendition.

She did a good job, I agree. Usually, it seems like I cringe at the rendition chosen.

Just now, EagleJoe8 said:

I was the whole time. In fact, all 3 postseason games, I couldn't eat dinner until after the games were over.

I missed the divisional round bc of work. I know I would’ve been a wreck if I had watched the game. During the NFCCG I thought I was dreaming  :lol:

3 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

Gladys is awesome, crazy good rendition.

I actually thought she'd died a few years ago. Not sure who I was confusing her with.

Just now, pisceschica said:

I missed the divisional round bc of work. I know I would’ve been a wreck if I had watched the game. During the NFCCG I thought I was dreaming  :lol:

The Falcons game was tense for sure, especially since the offense had been stangant for a few weeks. The final drive was nerve wracking. 

1 minute ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I actually thought she'd died a few years ago. Not sure who I was confusing her with.

Aretha Franklin 

She did a good job, I agree. Usually, it seems like I cringe at the rendition chosen.

Yeah, she did a good job. Nothing at all to complain about in her rendition. Nothing can really compare to Whitney's XXV rendition though. One of the best I've seen, if not the best.

Damn seems like yesterday when the Eagles were about to put the beatdown on the Pats. After being up 14-0 on Saints this year I just knew we were going back. Haven't watch any football news these past 2 weeks and really not partial to either team winning this game 

Aretha Franklin 

No, she just died last year (August?), I was thinking she died like 2012 or 2013.

The Falcons game was tense for sure, especially since the offense had been stangant for a few weeks. The final drive was nerve wracking. 

The eagles were a mis timed jump away from losing, *phew 

so glad it’s not brady’s cheer leader colinswottg 

2 minutes ago, heavywchamp said:

Damn seems like yesterday when the Eagles were about to put the beatdown on the Pats. After being up 14-0 on Saints this year I just knew we were going back. Haven't watch any football news these past 2 weeks and really not partial to either team winning this game 

Yeah, if only Nick had put a little more on that deep ball to Ertz. That game would have been ours and I feel confident we would have beaten the Rams at home. 

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

No, she just died last year (August?), I was thinking she died like 2012 or 2013.

Maybe Eartha kitty I know she died in 2012

eta: no she died in 2008

The eagles were a mis timed jump away from losing, *phew 

so glad it’s not brady’s cheer leader colinswottg 

Fortunately, Jones' foot came down OOB so it would have been a turnover on downs anyway.

Maybe Eartha kitty I know she died in 2012

That could be, she was Catwoman in Batman, and that was a favorite show of mine back when I was a kid in the 70's.