Wallyhorse

Lawsuits field from Rams-Saints game seeding do-over

1 hour ago, Pallidrone said:

There is a difference between being pissed over a missed call and crying, suing the league and trying to call in play some obscure rule that has no barring.

They still had AMPLE opportunities to win that game and they just did not. Blame it on Brees for that terrible interception in overtime or that horrible throw on 1st down that saved the Rams a timeout. Blame it on the defense that decided they could not stop Goff.

To blame it on one missed call, one where there was no guarantee that the WR would have even caught the ball, is ludicrous and petty. 

Yea I'm sure you'd see it that way if it was the Eagles instead of the Saints. Instead of suing Eagles fans would probably put a hit out on the ref (Giants fans would do the same). 

1 hour ago, mike030270 said:

There was a face mask on Goff that wasn’t called. Wouldn’t that have sealed the game before this PI?

No necessarily but they would’ve had 4 more chances to get an td, go up 4 late, and also milk the clock. 

1 minute ago, BKLYNYG said:

Yea I'm sure you'd see it that way if it was the Eagles instead of the Saints. Instead of suing Eagles fans would probably put a hit out on the ref (Giants fans would do the same). 

Exactly!

We are all about the attempted murder versus the silly lawyer, suing garbage. We are all about class!  ;)

5 minutes ago, toolg said:

Looks like I'm overruled! If attorneys are making money off this, good for them I suppose. Louisiana court still has no jurisdiction. The lawsuit won't go anywhere.

I completely agree. It'll just serve as an embarrassment to the Saints organization/fan base.

I suppose the lawyer could be doing it pro bono, but even then he's getting a lot of attention/publicity and will be on a lot of talk shows.

6 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

Rewind to the second Eagles-Cowboys game. "No Clear Recovery..." I don't think any hits were contracted out. At least none that were publicized.

(No refs were killed during the typing of this post)

6 hours ago, birdman#12 said:

The saints should watch the Eagles-Panthers NFCCG from 2003........I realize the rules were different back than, but talk about non-calls that cost a super bowl appearance. 

Sorry, ZERO sympathy for the big mouth saints.......they should talk less and win something first.......

If I'm not mistaken that NFCCG was the catalyst for the enforcement of defensive holding in the NFL. 

Saints and Vikes fans have to be the biggest bunch of entitled, whiny Fers in the league. 

Just now, birdman said:

If I'm not mistaken that NFCCG was the catalyst for the enforcement of defensive holding in the NFL. 

Saints and Vikes fans have to be the biggest bunch of entitled, whiny Fers in the league. 

Thinking back, I believe it was actually a combination of both the AFCCG and the NFCCG, that year.

Just found this old article from back then:

http://archive.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/03/31/nfl_will_crack_down_on_pass_interference/

And remember folks, this is the same team that spent all offseason beating their chests because they swore they were ROBBED of a SB trophy, in the DIVISIONAL ROUND, by the Minnesota Miracle.

And to think I used to kinda like this team.

Normally I would feel bad for a team that had that happen to them.   But, the Saints are led by an arrogant coach and several of their players are disrespectful.  Karma is a you know what and so is Kamara for that matter.

A lawsuit over a football game...

This is how far into the ****ter our society has fallen, folks. It’s pitiful

1 hour ago, Gmen4ever said:

A lawsuit over a football game...

This is how far into the ****ter our society has fallen, folks. It’s pitiful

It's pathetic.

Reading some Saints threads on their message board (which is a pretty hilarious place right now BTW), a large number of their fans want Goodell to restart the game from the point of the non-call. If we're going to restart the game, why not go back to the blatant non-call on the facemask on Goff then? If that's called properly, the Rams get the ball first and goal and have a shot at 7 points instead of the 3 that they got. Or how about we go back to some missed holding call in the second quarter? Hell, let's just replay the whole game! It's like they have no idea how ridiculously absurd they sound. Just because the refs missed an obvious blown call, it does not make it any more worthy of re-starting at that point than any other missed call during the game. A blown call is a blown call, regardless of how egregious it is.The whole idea is silly and laughable anyways and it really makes Saints fans look like losers.

On 1/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, SBorBust said:

Saints fans have surpassed Vikings fans in terms of being pathetic.

lol, it's an effin' toss up 

two years in a row we've seen the whiniest most entitled and delusional reaction to an NFC Championship Game loss ever

19 hours ago, BKLYNYG said:

nope, Eagles' fans would have the b***s to just beat the $*** out of the ref themselves. Giants fans would pay someone else to do it

For all the grief our fan base gets, I am happy as hell we aren’t the biggest whiney babies in the league. Saints fans have officially earned that title for all this crying over a blown call. 

I watched Total Access last night (I hardly ever watch anymore), to see if they would cover this story. You'd think they'd at least mention it. I only watched about 45 minutes, but didn't mention it once in those 45 minutes.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:46 AM, BKLYNYG said:

I think we see it that way because the same crap except worse happened to us, just at  a different time. See: The Eagles-Cowboys game two.

Besides, Saints players were talking all that good sh--, make sure you blow a team out if you don't want the refs to affect the outcome.

1 hour ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I watched Total Access last night (I hardly ever watch anymore), to see if they would cover this story. You'd think they'd at least mention it. I only watched about 45 minutes, but didn't mention it once in those 45 minutes.

I would imagine it was a hot issue on Monday. By Wednesday, I’d think they’re ready to get on to the Super Bowl and other news items. 

10 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I would imagine it was a hot issue on Monday. By Wednesday, I’d think they’re ready to get on to the Super Bowl and other news items. 

I have it set as a season pass on my PSVue, I'll check Monday's broadcast and see if anything was said.

2 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

I have it set as a season pass on my PSVue, I'll check Monday's broadcast and see if anything was said.

Sounds good. Let me know how it turned out. I imagine the RTP on Brady was probably a hot item too.

20 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Sounds good. Let me know how it turned out. I imagine the RTP on Brady was probably a hot item too.

Watched the first 15 to 20 minutes, then started skipping forward and only talked about the game and immediate controversary with Payton crying. Just typical post Game coverage.

I'm watching Tuesday's show now. So far, about 5 minutes in and they're only talking about the AFCCG.

The NFL Network is good about ignoring major controversaries concerning the league though. Remember Darren Sharper and his whole 'drug women to rape them' thing? They didn't mention it a single time.

I understand that they're the 'mouthpiece' for the owners and the league, but if they're going to have an NFL 'news' show, they should cover all NFL related news stories. Good and bad.

On 1/22/2019 at 6:36 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

It'll never happen, so it's irrelevant.

It would be funny however, if they did resume the game at the time of that call, and Brees threw a pick on 1st and goal.

Well to be fair if the defender played the ball it probably would of been a pick anyways