Wallyhorse

Lawsuits field from Rams-Saints game seeding do-over

Still, we hope that the NFL will aspire to reach a level of officiating that allows no team to legitimately believe that they lost a game due to anything other than the superiority of the opponent.  We also hope that, someday, the NFL will reach that goal, on a consistent basis.

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Reading that quote about "the superiority of the opponent" brings something back to mind...

23 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Reading that quote about "the superiority of the opponent" brings something back to mind...

That was a splendid game I must say. :lol:

seeing that Eagles-Vikings clip right there reminds me of some of the folks we had to part ways with, and didn't replace with equal or better talent. I got blasted in a post I made in pre-season for it when I said we not only did not upgrade the loss of Patrick Robinson, Torrey Smith, or Blount, but we didn't even replace with equal talent. What great contributors they were on that Super Bowl run. Several other players as well. The injuries I understand, nothing we could do about that, but when you're letting players walk away, you better have upgraded. 

8 minutes ago, The_Talon said:

seeing that Eagles-Vikings clip right there reminds me of some of the folks we had to part ways with, and didn't replace with equal or better talent. I got blasted in a post I made in pre-season for it when I said we not only did not upgrade the loss of Patrick Robinson, Torrey Smith, or Blount, but we didn't even replace with equal talent. What great contributors they were on that Super Bowl run. Several other players as well. The injuries I understand, nothing we could do about that, but when you're letting players walk away, you better have upgraded. 

That happens to many former champions. You guys lost some players and still have the worst cap situation in the league entering 2019, plus at some point you'll have to give Wentz $25M - $30M if he comes back strong (which really only adds $5M - $10M when you consider Foles $20M will come off the books). I really, really hate the Pats, but what what they've done in the salary cap era is pretty remarkable (it's also nice to play in the AFC East). 

58 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

... and still have the worst cap situation in the league entering 2019 ...

In saying that, are you including the Nick Foles' cap figure or are you forecasting him being gone (via a trade, release or one of them voiding the 2019 option)? His 2019 cap figure is $20,600,000.00. So if he's gone, there's a sizeable savings there.

Since you mention Foles later in the post, I assume you are including it, but I don't have any idea of what other teams' cap numbers look like.

6 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

In saying that, are you including the Nick Foles' cap figure or are you forecasting him being gone (via a trade, release or one of them voiding the 2019 option)? His 2019 cap figure is $20,600,000.00. So if he's gone, there's a sizeable savings there.

Since you mention Foles later in the post, I assume you are including it, but I don't have any idea of what other teams' cap numbers look like.

As of right now the Birds are a projected $14.5M over the cap. Take out Foles and they're around $6M under. Only the Jags would be worse. 

Of course this is before teams make cuts. The Eagles have a smart FO, so they will fit everyone under the cap, but they'll have to find some bargains. Do you want Graham back? 

If you're curious:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

5 minutes ago, BKLYNYG said:

As of right now the Birds are a projected $14.5M over the cap. Take out Foles and they're around $6M under. Only the Jags would be worse. 

Of course this is before teams make cuts. The Eagles have a smart FO, so they will fit everyone under the cap, but they'll have to find some bargains. Do you want Graham back? 

If you're curious:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap-space/

Yeah, overthecap was where I got the figure for Foles. I'm just not sure how it would be categorized if the contract is voided. It wouldn't be a pre or post June 1st 'cut', nor would it be a trade. So I don't know if they get the entire $20.6 million back on the cap, or the $18.8 Million (or whatever it is) if it's counted as a 'cut'.

As for Graham, speaking as a fan, I definitely want him back. At what contract number? I don't know. He's basically said that he wants to come back and will be willing to give the Eagles a 'hometown discount'. So I'd think that Howie can work out a contract that makes sense, if they want him back.

Dear Saints fans...

Here you go, from all of us, to all of you. May your hurty butts feel better soon.

Related image

6 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

whats funny is Rams fans disputed and fought to not have those guys ..... Saints fans were laughing about it . They even thought it might help them.  I know I sure would not want to be the ref for game after having like 1 million people sign a petition against me  

On 1/23/2019 at 2:46 PM, BKLYNYG said:

Yea I'm sure you'd see it that way if it was the Eagles instead of the Saints. Instead of suing Eagles fans would probably put a hit out on the ref (Giants fans would do the same). 

BS. The Eagles did lose an NFC Championship on a non-PI call. See the Arizona game when Rod Hood tackled Kevin Curtis prior to the ball getting there.

5 hours ago, The_Talon said:

This is a load. Of those 3 the only we didn’t replace was Blount. Torrey Smith was barely productive the entire year, but did make some key catches in the playoffs. We replaced him with Wallace who got injured. Patrick Robinson signed a deal worth more than we could offer, but was replaced with young talent drafted to replace him anyway. However our DBs were decimated with injuries and he was injured this year too. Blount was missed and probably could have been had back, but the ajayi trade was due to knowing it would be hard to keep Blount. Also Blounts avg this year was a whooping 2.7 yards per carry. 

I want to sue life.   Need the do-over to start in 6th grade, circa 1977.   Plus, I will get to see Star Wars again.  The real Star Wars.

On 1/27/2019 at 2:40 PM, D-Shiznit said:

No one is a Rams fan. Give me a break on that theory. 

Lawyers finding a way to pay bills. That's all this is.

The game was replayed. The score was reset to 0 and the Saints even had the ball to start.

Judge rejects possible ‘do-over’ of Rams-Saints playoff game

https://apnews.com/71f02906015e4e459651911b99bb69bc

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A quest by two New Orleans Saints ticketholders to force a full or partial do-over of this year’s NFC championship game because of a blown "no-call” by game officials was rejected Thursday by a federal judge.

Officials failed to call interference or roughness penalties when a Rams player leveled a Saints receiver with a helmet-to-helmet hit at a crucial point in the final minutes of regulation time. The Rams won the Jan. 20 game in overtime and are set to play the New England Patriots in Sunday’s Super Bowl in Atlanta.

Fan reaction in New Orleans has included disbelief, anger and resignation, expressed in newspaper headlines, billboards (“They reffed up” said one), promises by some restaurants and bars that they won’t show the Super Bowl broadcast on Sunday, and posters of blind referees.

And at least two lawsuits. One is a class-action lawsuit on behalf of ticketholders, still pending in state court as of Thursday.

The other was filed by season ticketholders Tommy Badeaux and Candis Lambert. Filed two days after the game, it says the NFL should be forced to implement a rule allowing Commissioner Roger Goodell to investigate "extraordinarily unfair acts” that affect the game. Remedies under that rule include rescheduling the game in full, or from the point at which the unfair act occurred.

U.S. District Judge Susie Morgan rejected arguments that Badeaux and Lambert were entitled to an order, known as a "writ of mandamus,” forcing the NFL or Goodell to take action.

"None of the actions Plaintiffs might seek to compel Commissioner Goodell to do are the kinds of actions a writ of mandamus may address,” Morgan said in a 17-page ruling in which she detailed the extraordinary circumstances in which Louisiana law allows a writ of mandamus to be issued.

In the same ruling, she also rejected arguments that the case should be in state court in New Orleans, where it was originally filed.

On 1/27/2019 at 2:51 PM, The_Talon said:

I hate when this team does that, and back in the Banner days used to do it all the time. Didn't even add a serious playmaker on either side of the ball to help offset those major losses.

I suppose Howie couldn't get a deal done and I will give him the benefit of the doubt a year after the SB win, but it still sucks.

On 1/27/2019 at 6:37 PM, lorddevn said:

This is a load. Of those 3 the only we didn’t replace was Blount. Torrey Smith was barely productive the entire year, but did make some key catches in the playoffs. We replaced him with Wallace who got injured. Patrick Robinson signed a deal worth more than we could offer, but was replaced with young talent drafted to replace him anyway. However our DBs were decimated with injuries and he was injured this year too. Blount was missed and probably could have been had back, but the ajayi trade was due to knowing it would be hard to keep Blount. Also Blounts avg this year was a whooping 2.7 yards per carry. 

Ok, how about Trey Burton? Maybe Dallas Goedart will be a great TE, but Ertz/Burton were the greatest TE tandem in the league. Additionally, none of what you said makes any sense. You say it's a load but then go on to say we didn't upgrade at any position. You also can't compare Blount's numbers on a different team against what he might have done on ours. 

On 2/1/2019 at 1:59 AM, The_Talon said:

Ok, how about Trey Burton? Maybe Dallas Goedart will be a great TE, but Ertz/Burton were the greatest TE tandem in the league. Additionally, none of what you said makes any sense. You say it's a load but then go on to say we didn't upgrade at any position. You also can't compare Blount's numbers on a different team against what he might have done on ours. 

What about trey burton? He stepped in for a few games but that’s it. He was hardly some force on our team. Would you have paid trey what Chicago did to keep him on our team? Because who would you have wanted to get rid of to keep burton. If you had said celek and his blocking ability you would have made more sense. 

Your post says we lost 3 key players and didn’t replace them with equal or better talent and we did, they just got injured. You cannot predict injuries. Blount we didn’t "replace” with new talent but our running game was hindered by our best 3 RBs getting hurt. If I cannot use actual data from Blount this year, you cannot say our run game was limited without Blount when our 1st-3rd string RBs were injured for most of the year.  

3 hours ago, lorddevn said:

What about trey burton? He stepped in for a few games but that’s it. He was hardly some force on our team. Would you have paid trey what Chicago did to keep him on our team? Because who would you have wanted to get rid of to keep burton. If you had said celek and his blocking ability you would have made more sense. 

Your post says we lost 3 key players and didn’t replace them with equal or better talent and we did, they just got injured. You cannot predict injuries. Blount we didn’t "replace” with new talent but our running game was hindered by our best 3 RBs getting hurt. If I cannot use actual data from Blount this year, you cannot say our run game was limited without Blount when our 1st-3rd string RBs were injured for most of the year.  

let's just agree to disagree then. I think TB was a beast. I think Blount was a beast. I think we had a very well rounded 53 man roster last year. We had just as many players go down but the people that filled the void were of better quality than those asked to fill the void this year. To me, that is "key." Your opinion of that is different, and that's ok. I'm not going to argue with you because there's nothing you can say to change my opinion of that matter and I don't care enough to try and change yours.