Iron_Eagle_04

Should teams be able to challenge penalties or non calls?

2 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

The office in NY needs to step in and force reviews on things like that, not coaches or players.  The problem is I believe they wanted the Rams in the super bowl badly.  I believe they wanted this to make inroads in to the LA market which has not been good to them in the past.   That's my opinion.  I believe this was premeditated. 

So why weren't the facemasks called on the Saints? One of which would have set up a 1st and goal. Why were the Saints allowed to get away with a few delay of games? Why throw a late DPI flag on the Rams in OT?

1 minute ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So, no penalty is worth 25 yards aside from DPI possibly, and you want to invent a new penalty 10 yards longer than any other set in stone penalty for taking a legal timeout?

Why do you hate football so much?

Not that I hate football.  I just can't stand icing the kicker.

I would make that unsportsmanlike conduct and make it in that situation you are NOT ALLOWED to call a time out. 

2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

Not that I hate football.  I just can't stand icing the kicker.

I would make that unsportsmanlike conduct and make it in that situation you are NOT ALLOWED to call a time out. 

So you create a rule where teams are no longer allowed to call a timeout for what is currently a legal reason to do so.

The only way a rule like that could stand is another rule is made that no teams may fake a FG ever again. If I can't call a timeout when a FG formation is presented, then you can't attempt to advance the ball by any means necessary once that formation is shown.

4 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So you create a rule where teams are no longer allowed to call a timeout for what is currently a legal reason to do so.

The only way a rule like that could stand is another rule is made that no teams may fake a FG ever again. If I can't call a timeout when a FG formation is presented, then you can't attempt to advance the ball by any means necessary once that formation is shown.

The rule as I would do it would only apply to the final 2:00 of regulation and OT.

2 minutes ago, Wallyhorse said:

The rule as I would do it would only apply to the final 2:00 of regulation and OT.

Regardless, it's still a horrible idea. There is no legit reason to create an excessive penalty for doing something that is a normal part of the game, other than YOU don't like it. Personally, I don't like when teams call a timeout a split second before the snap. It gives the kicker a practice kick, but teams have benefited and been burned by doing it. They do so at their own risk. I see no reason to make a rule against it.

18 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

So why weren't the facemasks called on the Saints? One of which would have set up a 1st and goal. Why were the Saints allowed to get away with a few delay of games? Why throw a late DPI flag on the Rams in OT?

The PI came in over time because by that point they knew how far they had gone and they tossed a make up flag.  But there were two PI's in that game that were blatant.  One at the end of the half and one at the end of the game.  Especially the hit to the head on the WR.  Those calls almost never get missed now.  It's a point of emphasis.  I'm not buying the argument that the ref simply did not see it.  I'm calling corruption. 

5 minutes ago, Happyfoosball said:

The PI came in over time because by that point they knew how far they had gone and they tossed a make up flag.  But there were two PI's in that game that were blatant.  One at the end of the half and one at the end of the game.  Especially the hit to the head on the WR.  Those calls almost never get missed now.  It's a point of emphasis.  I'm not buying the argument that the ref simply did not see it.  I'm calling corruption. 

You call it corruption, I call it incompetence. Tomato, tomahto. Given that an official is supposed to be watching the QB, they missed a pretty clear facemask on Goff on the drive to tie at at 20.