Sign in to follow this  
Havenless

Keeping the Old Proven Guy Over The Young Buck

On 1/24/2019 at 6:12 PM, bwestbrook36 said:

At that time though Manning had major neck surgery that they did not know if he would ever recover from and if he did they didn't know if he would be the same. They cut everyone from that team except Reggie Wayne. Lane , Cox and Agholor who didn't play well till his 3rd season when Manning was declining would not of changed that team that much. Luck turned them into an 11-5 team his rookie year. Manning went to a loaded broncos team and still couldn't get it done until they put together a generational defense his last year there. Luck is still putting together great seasons and playoff runs and is only 28. Manning has been done for 4 years now. 

But if they keep Manning, the Offense is already installed and doesnt need time to get it together. 

Hasn't Luck missed almost 2 years playing time already? 

Obviously New England made the right choice. I think Indianapolis did too, and GB definitely did because Favre was toast at that point.

If there's one team that I think didn't make the right choice, I would say San Diego. I think they might have won a Super Bowl with Brees. 

6 hours ago, The_Talon said:

Obviously New England made the right choice. I think Indianapolis did too, and GB definitely did because Favre was toast at that point.

If there's one team that I think didn't make the right choice, I would say San Diego. I think they might have won a Super Bowl with Brees. 

Yeah maybe SD would have? But then at the same time the Saints have only won it once in that time. Mind you... SD have a very talented team right now.