Sign in to follow this  
Don Corleone

Sean McVay: I got out-coached

Well duh, McVay.

I was saying all game long, the Eagles would've destroyed the Pats had we made it, the way they were playing. The Rams embarrassed themselves and the entire NFC.

After the very first Boy-Sheep drive I said, to a friend at our SB party, that the game was too big for Goff.  He was a deer in the headlights from the start.

Before the end of the 1st Half I said that McVay was getting his butt kicked.

The only surprise was that the Patriots didn't win by 20 or more.

9 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Man, and Tom Brady has 6 rings now. I don't even get how his 7th can be prevented unless the Eagles get there again. 

Kansas city? Nevermind, I forgot who their coach is.😑

1 minute ago, vsptroops said:

Kansas city? Nevermind, I forgot who their coach is.😑

I'm so sad Phillip Rivers and the Chargers couldn't get it done. That's just awful.

2 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

I'm so sad Phillip Rivers and the Chargers couldn't get it done. That's just awful.

To be honest, I dont think they ever will.

18 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

To be honest, I dont think they ever will.

I thought the same about us for a while. But you know, it's easier to keep up hope as a fan. I like the Chargers but I don't follow them.

20 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

When someone young is fast tracked and then faces a legend, they lose. He wasn't ready. This loss is one of many dues he must pay before he gains the requisite experience to eventually carve out his own legend.

Eli Manning beat an (at the time) undefeated Patriots team in the SB in only his 3rd full year as starter. 

If I’m Gurley I’m asking to be traded ASAP.  

That was inexcusable  to have your biggest weapon and best player standing on the sidelines. 

The patriots defense didn’t have to worry about their best player pretty much all game and the rams passing game suffered because of it. 

Rams need a big wr too 

Losing Cooper Kupp hurt more than what many people thought. He was basically Goff's security blanket. The Rams were flying high on offense before he got hurt. Getting him back should help them. Getting Gurley back to 100% will help as well. I will say though, Goff isn't gonna lead that team to a Super Bowl win. He didn't have that "it" factor on Sunday and it definitely showed. Is that something that he can develop? I guess we shall see. 

35 minutes ago, vsptroops said:

Goff isn't gonna lead that team to a Super Bowl win

Completely agree. I know it's just one game but if I were a Rams fan I'd be concerned by what I saw. A young qb who didn't handle the game well at all. To me it just confirmed what we know about him... He's a good qb, a good passer but one who can't read defenses. Good defensive play callers will throw him looks etc once his headset has cut out. 

I really can't blame him for being outcoached, if I had this at home, my head would be somewhere else too!!

282756FA-4FFC-47D5-8AFE-F9033D91C0E6.jpeg

On 2/4/2019 at 8:00 AM, birdman#12 said:

Just another confirmation that Pedersen has been overlooked by the media slobbering all over McVay. 

Pedersen SHOULD have won coach of the year last year, he's beaten McVay twice head to head in McVay home field, and sure as sh-- didn't get outcoached against belechick and brady in the super bowl.  Pedersen, for 2 years, also had to overcome major injuries to major contributors.

McVay, while he has done a nice job, has been way over hyped and is overrated.  That "hi powered" offense sputtered all night.

I had this same conversation with my brother....kinda makes ya appreciate what Dougie P. did with the Eagles in that so wonderful SB season...at no point did it ever seem like Doug was outcoached or that the team was overwhelmed....What a wonderful season it was! 🙂

I really thought they would come and receive the 2nd half kickoff with some offensive adjustments.    Surely somewhere in the playbook they had some special plays to get the ball down the field.    Even though I have NFL Sunday Ticket, I haven't watched many Rams games and I didn't realize Goff throws so many floaters.    Cook was wide open on that pass McCourty came from out of nowhere to breakup.   I can't imagine Rodgers, Brady, Brees or 90 % of the starting QBs not being able to zip that pass to Cook.   That thing to forever.    But McVay at least owned up to it - he was out coached.

8 hours ago, GNS_CLFD said:

I really thought they would come and receive the 2nd half kickoff with some offensive adjustments

The best coaches make those adjustments right? Especially in the big games. McVay was out coached from the start and he never looked like being able to find the answers. He talked about regretting not getting Gurley involved but that's BS. That's McVay taking the fall or covering something up surely? I mean you don't find ways to involve your best weapon you just do it. 

On 2/5/2019 at 4:16 PM, pisceschica said:

The Patriots didn't need to do anything special to beat the Rams. That was as a vanilla game as they come to be honest.  With Gurley on the sidelines you would have thought it was a preseason game... 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:03 PM, stang8118 said:

Eli Manning beat an (at the time) undefeated Patriots team in the SB in only his 3rd full year as starter. 

Apples and Oranges since we're talking coaches, right?

OK, what the heck, let's throw in the QB's too and look at the differences.

The Giants had a smart young QB in Manning, and a very experienced HC in Tom Coughlin who was on the Tuna's staff with Belichick in the 80's so he wasn't star struck. To him, it's just Bill.

The Rams have an idiot QB who doesn't know the sun rises on the East and sets in the West (true), and a star struck and inexperienced HC in McVay who knows the headset cuts out at 15 seconds to go. Poor guy can only watch the carnage after that, as the Pats defense shows one thing and then switches to another at the snap.

In time, McVay and even Goff will be better, but right now is too soon to throw them into that giant wood chipper that is the Patriots. The Rams offense got an embarrassing old school beat down. 3 points??? Ouch.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:46 PM, AmericanEagle77 said:

Man, and Tom Brady has 6 rings now. I don't even get how his 7th can be prevented unless the Eagles get there again. 

Colts and Texans. Texans were good but the playoffs seemed too big of a stage for them. Colts look like a playoff team but Lucks arm is questionable if it can take them deep into the playoffs