Sign in to follow this  
LA_Eagle_Fan

Design your own NFL 100th anniversary jersey for any team

Recommended Posts

When the NFL celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1994, teams wore special commemorative jerseys. Some teams did it for one game (Eagles and Packers) while others did it for extended periods of the season (Cowboys "Double Star" and 49ers with a 3D jersey number).

Use your editing skills and design what you think a 100th anniversary jersey would look like for any team you choose. Joke submissions fully encouraged and accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LA_Eagle_Fan said:

When the NFL celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1994, teams wore special commemorative jerseys. Some teams did it for one game (Eagles and Packers) while others did it for extended periods of the season (Cowboys "Double Star" and 49ers with a 3D jersey number).

Use your editing skills and design what you think a 100th anniversary jersey would look like for any team you choose. Joke submissions fully encouraged and accepted.

They did more than wear commemorative  jerseys in 1994. They wore full blown throwback uniforms. Many of them were really bad, but they were throwbacks, none the less.

The league scheduled Week 3 as 'Throwback Week', if I remember correctly and all of the teams wore their throwback uniforms that week. I believe that was the only week that the Eagles wore theirs but other teams wore theirs more than once with the 49ers wearing theirs in the Super Bowl.

I was disappointed in the Eagles version.

 

5369187.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see the Eagles bring back the 1960 throwbacks, like they did in 2010.

 

Around the league, I would like to see the Bills go back to the Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith uniforms, complete with the red helmets.  I'd also like to see the Jaguars go back to their late 1990s teal uniforms.  Those never should have left.  Finally, I like when the Redskins mimicked the leather helmets that one time, and would like to see that back.  It was bizarre, in a cool way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xzmattzx said:

I'd love to see the Eagles bring back the 1960 throwbacks, like they did in 2010.

 

Around the league, I would like to see the Bills go back to the Kelly/Thomas/Reed/Smith uniforms, complete with the red helmets.  I'd also like to see the Jaguars go back to their late 1990s teal uniforms.  Those never should have left.  Finally, I like when the Redskins mimicked the leather helmets that one time, and would like to see that back.  It was bizarre, in a cool way.

They didn't quite get the color right in 2010.

gettyimages-143597858-1024x1024.thumb.jpg.b93606d6d1633b0bcf24e1f4985dda72.jpg

untitled.png.bf03bd92e74df273ae966507d15bea1e.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the R-words helmet they should make the logo an empty stadium 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HELMET

I like the classic style without the cartoony highlighting around the wings we have now, except I don't think the silver wing works as well as a white one. So I'd like an inverted version of this:

Image result for eagles kelly green helmet

Use the white for the wing, and the silver as a highlight around it, maybe even a small black line to break up the silver when it touches the green.

 

JERSEY

For the Jersey, definitely white numbers with black outline:

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjj

 

PANTS

We should NEVER wear color on color. If we have to for color rush,  see if we can get away with white jersey, silver pants. Also, Black jerseys and black pants do not fit our aesthetic. Otherwise, Green Jersey, silver pants is primary. White Jersey with Green pants is secondary. 

 

As for the shade of green, I like the lighter Kelly Green from 2010, but the dark ones from the 80's do look better:
KellyGreenTimeline_1.jpg

 

Green pants wasn't a big thing in the 80's, but they'd work way better with a darker shade than if we went super Kelly Green.

6_8075828.jpg

Imagine these pants in Cunningham green, but instead of the solid black stripe on the side, it'd be 2 thin white ones like the alternate pants. Hand pouch and knee pads would be similarly white. Just don't think all this black works outside of the midnight green style. Doesn't remind me of classic eagles football.

LOGO

But get rid of both our current and our former Cartoon eagle logos. None of the classic NFL logos like Green Bay, Chicago, NYG, Dallas, SF, KC, etc are cartoon characters.

We should use our super old school one:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRr2URC3alI-nqiaDIvLhw It's stoic, uniform, and looks almost militaristic....

 

 

but hopefully no one notices....

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxBLIq1Ad1aAhrIld1Jpy

 

Awkward coincidence, but ours is green so its better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rocketman44 said:

This uniform was underrated too:

Image result for eagles uniforms from 1968

That picture makes me sad. At the time, both teams were bad. Real bad. And a few years later, one of the teams was great -- and would be great for many, many years -- while the other team was still bad. And we weren't the team that became great. Sigh.

I was at that game, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favorite Eagles jersey is the kelly green with silver pants. So somebody on Reddit went and flipped it around.

lr94lxb1ivsz.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=614684e5dc7fbb7b7d5396b39b202b557c27eb3b

:worthy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bwestbrook36 said:

Why?

Why not?  It's a historic NFL franchise.  My dad is from that area, so seeing a jersey reimagined almost 100 years later would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, xzmattzx said:

Why not?  It's a historic NFL franchise.  My dad is from that area, so seeing a jersey reimagined almost 100 years later would be cool.

I live in Pottsville. Pottsville recognizes the Maroons. The NFL however does not and refuses to truly acknowledge them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2019 at 3:05 PM, toolg said:

My favorite Eagles jersey is the kelly green with silver pants. So somebody on Reddit went and flipped it around.

lr94lxb1ivsz.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=614684e5dc7fbb7b7d5396b39b202b557c27eb3b

:worthy:

Looks like an indoor football league team,  or one of the rejected oregon duck alternates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this