madriver

Anyone watching the AAF this weekend?

New football league with a handful of known players and coaches. I'll watch because I'm still jonesing for football on the weekends and some of the rules are interesting. No kickoffs, booth review on questionable calls, etc. No Philly team so I'm only moderately interested for a long haul, but Josh Huff plays.

Could be fun, like watching a 3rd or 4th preseason game. CBS, Saturday night.

https://sports.yahoo.com/theres-new-football-league-starting-weekend-whos-aaf-will-watch-160821225.html

I'll check it out, just from curiosity. Probably will be the only game I watch from this league, if it doesn't hold up.

Absolutely, going to give it a shot.  Got some interesting names playing (Trent Richardson, Zac Stacy, Matt Asiata, Josh Huff, Greg Ward, Christian Hackenberg, Aaron Murray).  Mike Martz, Steve Spurrier, Mike Singletary as a few of the coaches.  I predict San Diego will do well, but have no real good reason why.

Some of the rules are interesting (skycam ref, no kickoffs, no onside kicks but rather have the ball on the 28 as a 4th and 12.)

13 minutes ago, Don Corleone said:

I swear I thought this was a gag. Holy smokes not even the start of the season and the team suffers blows like that sheesh....

I'll watch it... Well I'll watch some coverage at some point. I love football so if it helps to keep my desperate need at bay a little I will take it. But how is the AAF going to work next year when the XFL starts? 

If I have time, I might tune in for a look see.

Gonna try and become a San Antonio fan. Maybe they’ll win something before the Cowboys...I know XFL said they really weren’t wanting players to go to the NFL and they’re not a developmental league.

What about these guys? 

8 hours ago, RPeeteRules said:

Absolutely, going to give it a shot.  Got some interesting names playing (Trent Richardson, Zac Stacy, Matt Asiata, Josh Huff, Greg Ward, Christian Hackenberg, Aaron Murray).  Mike Martz, Steve Spurrier, Mike Singletary as a few of the coaches.  I predict San Diego will do well, but have no real good reason why.

Some of the rules are interesting (skycam ref, no kickoffs, no onside kicks but rather have the ball on the 28 as a 4th and 12.)

Of course they will. They have the legend.

603983830-cleveland-browns-v-philadelphi

I'm gonna watch.

The AAF is a development league by their own accord. That's why they scheduled their season during the 4 months when NFL isn't doing anything but weightlifting.

The idea is that by the time the AAF season is over the AAF players have film for future NFL prospects.

10 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

I'm watching pre game now. 

Ditto. Sorta.

Wonder if Spurrier will do that thing with his lips if the game doesn't go well tonight.

I have the San Deigo/San Antonio game. Anyone have the Atlanta/Orlando game?

1 minute ago, Quiet Boy said:

I really like the 'sky judge' idea.

I do too, but seemed like he missed calling an earlier 1st down short.

47 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Wonder if Spurrier will do that thing with his lips if the game doesn't go well tonight.

:lol:

Image result for steve spurrier lips gif