Sign in to follow this  
NoDak Eagle

Browns sign Hunt

So how does it work if he's signed for 1 year and he ends up getting suspended for a whole year? @Don Corleone

I'm going to be pissed if he doesn't end up getting suspended. Only reason I didn't want him signed is because I figured he wouldn't be able to play for much because of a suspension

4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

So how does it work if he's signed for 1 year and he ends up getting suspended for a whole year? @Don Corleone

I'm going to be pissed if he doesn't end up getting suspended. Only reason I didn't want him signed is because I figured he wouldn't be able to play for much because of a suspension

A. Domestic violence is only a 6 game suspension. Why on earth would he get 16?

B. The point of domestic violence suspensions is for people beating up their girlfriends. Black eyes, finger marks around their necks, bed full of assault rifles... The dude pushed a belligerent woman in a hallway, maybe he gets 2 games.

4 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

So looking at that, if he's suspended for the entire 2019 season, he'll be an RFA for the Browns. There's no doubt he'll be suspended, the question is just for how long.

1 minute ago, Havenless said:

B. The point of domestic violence suspensions is for people beating up their girlfriends. The dude pushed a belligerent woman in a hallway, maybe he gets 2 games.

Because it's not just one incident that's being investigated, it's 3. And no, he didn't just push a woman in a hallway.

1 minute ago, Havenless said:

B. The point of domestic violence suspensions is for people beating up their girlfriends. The dude pushed a belligerent woman in a hallway, maybe he gets 2 games.

Because I'm expecting them to make an example out of Hunt to the rest of the players

So looking at that, if he's suspended for the entire 2019 season, he'll be an RFA for the Browns. There's no doubt he'll be suspended, the question is just for how long.

I don't know how the tender works. Is it they place a tender of whatever round he was drafted in, another team can sign him to an offer sheet and then have to give up THAT ......round pick he was originally picked if the original team doesn't match the offer??

So he was drafted in the 3rd, which means he will get a 3rd round tender? That's still pretty good value for another team. And it seems like the Browns did it to possibly get an extra pick.

11 minutes ago, Boss Hawg said:

I don't know how the tender works. Is it they place a tender of whatever round he was drafted in, another team can sign him to an offer sheet and then have to give up THAT ......round pick he was originally picked if the original team doesn't match the offer??

So he was drafted in the 3rd, which means he will get a 3rd round tender? That's still pretty good value for another team. And it seems like the Browns did it to possibly get an extra pick.

The Browns would have "right of first refusal" which is a 5 day window for them to decide to match the offer or not, if they didn't match the offer, then they'd receive draft compensation, but I think it would depend if they applied a 1st round, 2nd round or original round tender on him.

8 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

Laughter is good for ya Don. ;) 

It was what was posted, plus I had this picture in my head and thought, man, Rice has the hands Hunt has the feet, if you combine the two, they'd have Bruce Lee. I know it sounds dumb, but it caused me to laugh harder than I should have lol

Holy shitballs, so the Browns have Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt? I don't know much about Freddie Kitchens, but if Hunt can keep his head on straight I think the Browns are going to take over the AFC North. 

Steeler fans are beginning to sweat right  now...

If we draft well at RB this year and / or do some smart business in FA then this will be a forgotten topic in a year or so. Let's hope Howie and Joe have plans. 

7 minutes ago, Jenkins27 said:

They finally found themselves a good kicker.

Did you see the kick? He wouldnt reach the crossbar from beyond 15 yards.

Just now, Captain F said:

Did you see the kick? He wouldnt reach the crossbar from beyond 15 yards.

I mean, it still might be an improvement from what the Browns had at kicker last year. If they had Jake Elliott they woulda won the division. It’s insane how bad their luck is sometimes 😂.

22 hours ago, Havenless said:

B. The point of domestic violence suspensions is for people beating up their girlfriends. Black eyes, finger marks around their necks, bed full of assault rifles... The dude pushed a belligerent woman in a hallway, maybe he gets 2 games.

I believe the early indication is he'll get suspended 12 games.

11 minutes ago, cowboy30 said:

I believe the early indication is he'll get suspended 12 games.

When news came out that there were 2 other incidents, I figured he'd get suspended for the year, reduced to 10 games on appeal.