OzzyX

Very Interesting First Game Experience

So I’ve always enjoyed watching the games with friends but for the first time I decided to go the Linc this past season (2018). It was the Vikings game, first row right on 50 yard line....big mistake.

Got there about 2 hours early, the traffic wasn’t bad but unfortunately it’s impossible to get parking. So the walk was around 1/4th of a mile or even more. Normally, I love to exercise and jog/walk/hikelong distance but I recently had knee surgery due to a sports related injury. Same surgeon as Carson Wentz, Dr. Bradley - head orthopedic surgeon of the Pittsburgh Steelers - awesome doctor, who would talk about anything (I can’t say what else because I don’t want to get him in trouble). So I was in a brace and walked that 1/4 mile...in retrospect I should’ve just called an Uber to the stadium from the parking. 

The tailgates were awesome, interesting people had a lot of fun. Also, some live music and great food, although I only had a little. Inside the stadium area, they had an on-air Eagles show going on. The official Eagles shop was very nice too.

When I got to my seat, of course with my luck, there was a Vikings fan sitting to my left and a Vikings fan to my right. Although both of them were pretty cool. One was traveling to every single Vikings game this season (bucket list). He said he normally would get tickets in the higher up sections but was afraid to go to them in this stadium as a Vikings fan 😂.

The seats were the worst. I assumed that being closest to the field at the 50 yard line was the best way to go, however with that viewing angle it’s so hard to see what’s going on. I had to constantly look at the big screens on the left and right side of the field. Next time, I’m going with the club seats. I remember that game itself being infuriating, barely being able to get a single first down.

Leaving the stadium is the worst headache. My god, it took 45 minutes to get out of the parking area. My advice: take the train or get an Uber. If the train works out well and I don’t have to deal with transportation I’ll definitely go to more games.

Overall, very fun. We are gonna take a tour of the stadium this Spring.

2 hours ago, OzzyX said:

So I’ve always enjoyed watching the games with friends but for the first time I decided to go the Linc this past season (2018). It was the Vikings game, first row right on 50 yard line....big mistake.

Got there about 2 hours early, the traffic wasn’t bad but unfortunately it’s impossible to get parking. So the walk was around 1/4th of a mile or even more. Normally, I love to exercise and jog/walk/hikelong distance but I recently had knee surgery due to a sports related injury. Same surgeon as Carson Wentz, Dr. Bradley - head orthopedic surgeon of the Pittsburgh Steelers - awesome doctor, who would talk about anything (I can’t say what else because I don’t want to get him in trouble). So I was in a brace and walked that 1/4 mile...in retrospect I should’ve just called an Uber to the stadium from the parking. 

The tailgates were awesome, interesting people had a lot of fun. Also, some live music and great food, although I only had a little. Inside the stadium area, they had an on-air Eagles show going on. The official Eagles shop was very nice too.

When I got to my seat, of course with my luck, there was a Vikings fan sitting to my left and a Vikings fan to my right. Although both of them were pretty cool. One was traveling to every single Vikings game this season (bucket list). He said he normally would get tickets in the higher up sections but was afraid to go to them in this stadium as a Vikings fan 😂.

The seats were the worst. I assumed that being closest to the field at the 50 yard line was the best way to go, however with that viewing angle it’s so hard to see what’s going on. I had to constantly look at the big screens on the left and right side of the field. Next time, I’m going with the club seats. I remember that game itself being infuriating, barely being able to get a single first down.

Leaving the stadium is the worst headache. My god, it took 45 minutes to get out of the parking area. My advice: take the train or get an Uber. If the train works out well and I don’t have to deal with transportation I’ll definitely go to more games.

Overall, very fun. We are gonna take a tour of the stadium this Spring.

If you have a ADA placard they do have Day Of Game parking next to the stadium (They don't advertise it and it is First Come -  First Served).  I go with my dad who has one due to his issues.

1 hour ago, aziz15 said:

If you have a ADA placard they do have Day Of Game parking next to the stadium (They don't advertise it and it is First Come -  First Served).  I go with my dad who has one due to his issues.

didn't know that, thanks