Don Corleone

Ravens trading Joe Flacco to Broncos for 4th rd pick

Wow.  A former QB that is horrible at choosing QB's now that he is a GM.  Without the known quantity of Peyton Manning, Elway would have a 100% failure rate picking QB's.

Meh. Maybe he becomes serviceable with a strong running game and good WRs. I still like Sutton and Sanders. Plenty of people thought Peyton was done when he went to Denver, of course no one will admit that now, but we all seen it. 

13 minutes ago, 20dawk4life said:

Meh. Maybe he becomes serviceable with a strong running game and good WRs. I still like Sutton and Sanders. Plenty of people thought Peyton was done when he went to Denver, of course no one will admit that now, but we all seen it. 

That was because of a sever career threatening injury, not his play on the field. Kurt Warner might be a better example.

The Broncos should try to flip Keenum to the Giants.  He worked with Shurmur in Minnesota & is more mobile than Eli, which is needed behind their atrocious OL.  If they can get a 5th or 6th for him, and dump his salary, it would be a win for them.

And for us because that would solve the Foles to NY dilemma. 😉

12 minutes ago, ckudrick said:

And for us because that would solve the Foles to NY dilemma. 😉

Yeah, but can Case Keenum do this..............

Image result for eli manning face gif

Flacco is supposed to make $18.5 million this year on his current contract. Foles reminds me of a younger version of Flacco; they have a lot of similar abilities. It makes me think the price for Foles should be higher.

Bad move, but they were desperate and on that team is on the verge of becoming a dumpster fire.

Flacco is done. Something like 24-27 over the last few seasons? 34 years old? Forget about it.

Obviously a win-move for the Ravens. They are all-in on Lamar Jackson at QB. Moving Flacco's big contract means more $$$ to sign the players they want to build around. And they should get one of the Bronco's 4th-round draft picks to help get started.

The Broncos get a veteran QB, presumably to help coach up whatever young QB they take in the draft. At least Flacco is better than what they were working with at QB recently. It also means they could wait another year or so to draft one, if they choose.

Guest MH1989

Over the last three seasons:

Joe Flacco (41 starts)
50 TDs, 34 INTs, 63.8 CMP%, 82.6 QB rate, 242 yards a game.

Case Keenum (41 starts)
49 TDs, 33 INTs, 63.8 CMP%, 86 QB rate, 235.1 yards a game.

— Josh Eberley 🇨🇦 (@JoshEberley) February 13, 2019

Interesting comparison. Nearly identical stats for Flacco and Keenum. Granted this doesn't include the win-loss record, but since the Super Bowl Flacco has mostly been mediocre. So I'm struggling to see why Denver traded for him other than them pinning their hopes on him doing enough to get them to the play offs and having another magical run, but I'm not convinced that will happen.

For me, they might have been better off sticking with Keenum as a stopgap, while drafting and developing the long term quarterback (e.g. Lock, Haskins) and trade up for them. As it stands they'll take a hit getting rid of Keenum while paying Flacco. They can still draft someone, but it's difficult to see them really benefiting from this trade. 

15 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think to be fair... I'd rather Flacco given the difference in cap hit there! 

I wouldn't, and those Foles money numbers are made up anyway.

Anyone think that the Ravens faith in Jackson to be their future, is misplaced?

I didn't see a whole lot of him last season and I don't follow college football, but the tiny bit that I did see, I was far from impressed. If this was the Eagles trading away Carson Wentz, or Nick if he was our starter, in favor of making Jackson the starter... I'd be pretty pissed. Granted, it's Flacco being traded, but I don't know that I'd be excited about Jackson.

4 minutes ago, VaBeach_Eagle said:

Anyone think that the Ravens faith in Jackson to be their future, is misplaced?

Yep! Teams will work him out next year... And it's not like he was incredible in the first place.