Sign in to follow this  
toolg

Kaepernick and Reid settle collusion case with NFL

Is Eric Reid still calling Malcolm Jenkins a sell-out?

:wacko:

21 hours ago, Utebird said:

If all you care about as you say is enjoying a game you pay to see than maybe you should gave stopped watching the day the NFL decided to start every game with a flag ceremony paid for by the US military.😒

Stupid asinine correlation. Piss off.

1 minute ago, russrock1 said:

Stupid asinine correlation. Piss off.

Say more???

One cant complain that they just want athletes to shut up and play the game you pay them to play then in the same sentence get mad at them for not doing something that has nothing to do with football.

Cant have it both ways.

Talks are going to panthers from what I’ve read. Not that they were considered playoff contenders, but this takes them out of the debate. 

On 2/16/2019 at 2:06 PM, SBorBust said:

Paying off the fake victims still saved the league hundreds of millions of dollars.

You seriously think that he wasn’t even good enough to be a back up qb in the league? Have you seen what’s out there? 

2 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

You seriously think that he wasn’t even good enough to be a back up qb in the league? Have you seen what’s out there? 

I think you might have quoted the wrong person.

16 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

I think you might have quoted the wrong person.

You called him a fake victim. Meaning that you don’t think there was any collusion against him? 

On 2/15/2019 at 8:35 PM, vincent_NJG said:

I honestly don't think Kaep/Reid got a real payout.

They both struggled mightily before ended up out of the league until Reid worked his way back in. Both had been benched. Kaepernick had been benched twice in favor of Blaine Gabbert and didn't kneel until he officially lost his job in training camp.

Reid falsly accused the NFL of targeting him with drug tests and now has a nice new contract. Kaepernick had already turned down the CFL and it was just reported that he demanded $20 million to play for AAF.

All the other kneelers who are good players are still in the league.

The case was crumbling and so both parties can save face with NIKE, they probably called the whole thing off with a non-disclosure agreement so everyone can think what they want.

Yeah uh they got paid.  The 60-80 million range that leaked is probably spot on.  He sold out.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:13 AM, BDAWK_4EVER said:

I just don't get people who say he threw away a career. No. He had opportunities to sign a contract but overvalued himself. He thought he was a starter worth 20 mil, when in reality he would be an ok backup worth maybe half that if a team is desperate. 

If he really loved the game he would have taken one of those backup deals and proved he was starter material. Instead he chose to bish and moan because he thinks he's better than he actually is.

Everybody who says this has their entire argument go flying out the window when they realize Blake Bortles and Andy Dalton were starting QBs in the NFL this year.

I'm not even a Kaepernick fan, but I think he's so much better than Blake Bortles that it's pretty much robbery. He's also had significantly more success than Sam Bradford. In terms of results and pedigree he was definitely better than several of the lower end QBs. Just some of those people at the head of those teams didn't want to deal with it. And I'm not saying I think that's particularly right, or particularly wrong, but frankly I think it was highly overblown.

Half the NFL kneeled at some point. Who cares?

44 minutes ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

Everybody who says this has their entire argument go flying out the window when they realize Blake Bortles and Andy Dalton were starting QBs in the NFL this year.

I'm not even a Kaepernick fan, but I think he's so much better than Blake Bortles that it's pretty much robbery. He's also had significantly more success than Sam Bradford. In terms of results and pedigree he was definitely better than several of the lower end QBs. Just some of those people at the head of those teams didn't want to deal with it. And I'm not saying I think that's particularly right, or particularly wrong, but frankly I think it was highly overblown.

He was a pain in the arse who would bring a circus along, no owner wanted to deal with that because he wasn't talented enough to make it up.

Half the NFL did not wear pig socks and a Fidel Castro shirt. He had success in a system that is dead and gone in the NFL, and he also had a lot of help from a fantastic defense in SF.

No argument goes flying out the window. If the guy would have protested normally like the rest of the people who kneeled it wouldn't have been as difficult, but all the extra BS he did created a ton of animosity and no owner wants to deal with that.

10 hours ago, wtfcares said:

You called him a fake victim. Meaning that you don’t think there was any collusion against him? 

3 NFL teams offered him a job. SF, DEN, and BAL.

Also, it’s not your right to cost an employer hundreds of millions of dollars.

Until I hear or see otherwise I'm going with this rendition of the known facts:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/3-reasons-why-colin-kaepernick-case-was-settled/ar-BBTKwYt?ocid=spartanntp

We all have the right to legal remedy if we think we've been slighted or cheated in some way.

Kaep has made himself persona non grata to many (myself included) so it's hard for us to be fair with him.

If this is how it ends I can see why both sides did what they did.

Now please, Kaep, just go away and have a nice life in the AAF.

Just  B/C  of the negative  PR  I can't see him ever coming back to the NFL.   

5 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

Yeah uh they got paid.  The 60-80 million range that leaked is probably spot on.  He sold out.

It wasn't leaked. It was speculated that some speculated.

People took that number and ran off a cliff with it.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together.

Reid gets a nice contract and then reports come out about Kaep turning down AAF over a ridiculous amount of money demanded

* 24 hours later *

Settlement reached.

Yeah... Weird time for the NFL to cave just when Kaeps and Reid's case was crumbling.

Update: called it.

Screenshot_20190218-135612~2.png

19 hours ago, lorddevn said:

Talks are going to panthers from what I’ve read. Not that they were considered playoff contenders, but this takes them out of the debate. 

wouldn’t put it past Tepper

Whatever the price, of he never shows his face around the nfl again it’s money well spent

8 hours ago, BDAWK_4EVER said:

He was a pain in the arse who would bring a circus along, no owner wanted to deal with that because he wasn't talented enough to make it up.

Half the NFL did not wear pig socks and a Fidel Castro shirt. He had success in a system that is dead and gone in the NFL, and he also had a lot of help from a fantastic defense in SF.

No argument goes flying out the window. If the guy would have protested normally like the rest of the people who kneeled it wouldn't have been as difficult, but all the extra BS he did created a ton of animosity and no owner wants to deal with that.

Kap is a below average QB 

A distraction  

A drama queen

and now a professional victim  

why would any owner subject their team to that? 

ITs obvious that they paid them to just shut up already. I'm sure owners got tired of the privacy intrusions and time spent from dealing with it , either themselves or staff. Kaps lawyer used the annoying them to death . Kap and Reid are shown for the sell out fakes they are .... plus they have really done nothing to change social injustice. They only have benefitted themselves 

22 hours ago, AmericanEagle77 said:

He was benched for Blaine Gabbert twice by 2 different coaches.

Blaine Gabbert makes the likes of Dalton, Bortles, and Bradford look good.

Kaepernick is a bum and everyone knew it including himself in August of 2016 when he lost a head to head qb battle to Gabbert. It was common knowledge that Kaep was a flash in the pan that looked good for a short while under Harbaugh as he ran the Pistol offense. 

He took a knee to protest immediately after and activists conveniently forgot what a bum he was and didn't care that he was a fraud and now at best, a sellout.