Sign in to follow this  
toolg

Kaepernick and Reid settle collusion case with NFL

Would he sign with a team and risk proving that he’s not that good?

I don’t know which team would be ok with the media distraction he’d bring though. Almost think his NFL career will never continue

2 minutes ago, mike030270 said:

Would he sign with a team and risk proving that he’s not that good?

I don’t know which team would be ok with the media distraction he’d bring though. Almost think his NFL career will never continue

It would be funny if after all the people saying he should be in the league because there are other terrible QBs in the league, he ends up sucking anyway. 

51 minutes ago, EagleJoe8 said:

It would be funny if after all the people saying he should be in the league because there are other terrible QBs in the league, he ends up sucking anyway. 

It would be funny . . . but I don't think he ever gets the chance.  The  NFL's  TV  ratings are going back up.

Many who left over the shenanigans he started have very likely returned.

No sense in pissing everyone off again.  He's  POISON  as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

His teams have been 3-16 in his last two years starting for them. His stats weren't bad, but they weren't exactly great either. 

Games Passing Rushing Scoring Fumbles
Year Tm G GS Cmp Att Inc Cmp% Yds TD Int Rate Sk Yds Y/A AY/A Att Yds Y/A TD 2PM TD Pts Fmb FF FR Yds TD
Per Game Average 16.2 27.4 11.2   183.6   1 0.4   3 17.8     5.4 34.5   0.1   0.1 1 0.7 0 0.1 -0.3 0
Per 16 Games 259 438 179   2938 17 7   49 284     87 552   2 1 2 15 11 0 2 -5 0
2015-2016 SFO 21 19 340 575 235 59.13 3856 22 9 85.5 64 373 6.71 6.77 114 724 6.35 3 1 3 20 14 0 2 -7 0

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/K/KaepCo00/gamelog/#49-69-sum:stats

Only four of those fumbles were lost by the way and it is counting two non-starts so the average per game is a little off. And in fairness, he was stuck Chip Kelly for 11 of those starts. The year before that was an 8-8 season.

289/478 60.5%  3,369  19 TDs  10 INTs   86.4 rating plus another 639 rushing and 1 TD, 5 lost fumbles so a 1-0.75 TD to turnover ratio.

His stats were still not bad, but not exactly great and that is now half a decade ago.

All of this to say that that starting record would cost most QBs their starting job.

On 2/19/2019 at 2:37 PM, EagleJoe8 said:

I'm pretty sure he will never play again and one of the main reasons is because he knows he will suck bad.  The whole thing started because undrafted rookies were beating him out every year.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, vincent_NJG said:

It wasn't leaked. It was speculated that some speculated.

People took that number and ran off a cliff with it.

I'm putting 2 and 2 together.

Reid gets a nice contract and then reports come out about Kaep turning down AAF over a ridiculous amount of money demanded

* 24 hours later *

Settlement reached.

Yeah... Weird time for the NFL to cave just when Kaeps and Reid's case was crumbling.

Update: called it.

Screenshot_20190218-135612~2.png

If that's true then he's an even bigger loser than I thought he was. 

21 hours ago, Happyfoosball said:

If that's true then he's an even bigger loser than I thought he was. 

People too often forget the timeline which to me, is what matters most since it shows how disingenuous he really is.

Right off the bat, let's mention the fact that he wasn't the first as Marshawn Lynch never stood for the anthem and he never really struggled to find work.

-First protest was AFTER he lost his starting job (again) to Blaine Gabbert. This time it was a straight up qb battle that he lost.

-Gabbert plays like Gabbert and Kaepernick gets back on the field while kneeling

-plays mostly like garbage but his stat line was inflated due to short passes turning into long gains and garbage time. He managed just 1 win. (Garrapolo would win 5 straight the following year with the same team). This was also the 3rd year in a row that he struggled mightily.

-upon opting out of his contract, he declared that he would end his protest and stand for his next team which showed how much of a sellout he really is.

-couldnt find a gig but neither could RG3 who has always proudly stood and even wears camo socks instead of pig socks.

-for a staunch activist who was constantly talking, he suddenly became extremely quiet. Especially when his girlfriend blew up his chance with the Ravens(who would later sign RG3)

-the next time we heard a word from Kaep, he was getting paid big bucks to looksay a lame line for NIKE.

-he never reported to the Montreal Alouettes.

-he turned down the AAF 

For a guy who just wants to play, he certainly has an odd way of showing it.

-His partner in crime, the struggling and previously benched hybrid safety Eric Reid, spent a whopping 3 whole games out of football and had already lost grievances against the league and Cincy, had taken a prove it  deal Carolina and then earned a lucrative contract after the season.

-All the other kneelers who were quality players, remained in the league.

All this and more I think crushed their case.

In the end, the NFL probably had little interest in their inner workings and backroom deals getting leaked to the public and Kaep/Reid realized that they were going to lose the case in the long run.

So settlement.. 

NFL probably covered the legal fees and then tossed in a little extra to make it so that the activist wouldn't be able to speak on the matter anymore which killed the whole point of the lawsuit in the first place.

Mike Florio of PFT who was all over Kaeps junk from the moment he protested( even though right before he protested, Florio had been ripping Kaep for being garbage) retweets from Mike Freeman(a guy who was previously fired for lying) a $60-$80 mill figure that he had to reiterate later that it was pure speculation. He was reporting that some anonymous NFL officials speculated that number 

Of course no one cares about facts and so the Kaep supporters raised their fists in victory.

Later, Florio tries to quietly walk the number back.

Kaep is a loser and fraud. The nicest label he can possibly have is sellout.

This whole thing was phony from the get go.  Kaepernick doesn't care about any "social issues."  He was going to get cut, and rightfully so, so he developed an inflammatory issue so it would look racial if the niners let him go.  

On 2/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, vincent_NJG said:

People too often forget the timeline which to me, is what matters most since it shows how disingenuous he really is.

Right off the bat, let's mention the fact that he wasn't the first as Marshawn Lynch never stood for the anthem and he never really struggled to find work.

-First protest was AFTER he lost his starting job (again) to Blaine Gabbert. This time it was a straight up qb battle that he lost.

-Gabbert plays like Gabbert and Kaepernick gets back on the field while kneeling

-plays mostly like garbage but his stat line was inflated due to short passes turning into long gains and garbage time. He managed just 1 win. (Garrapolo would win 5 straight the following year with the same team). This was also the 3rd year in a row that he struggled mightily.

-upon opting out of his contract, he declared that he would end his protest and stand for his next team which showed how much of a sellout he really is.

-couldnt find a gig but neither could RG3 who has always proudly stood and even wears camo socks instead of pig socks.

-for a staunch activist who was constantly talking, he suddenly became extremely quiet. Especially when his girlfriend blew up his chance with the Ravens(who would later sign RG3)

-the next time we heard a word from Kaep, he was getting paid big bucks to looksay a lame line for NIKE.

-he never reported to the Montreal Alouettes.

-he turned down the AAF 

For a guy who just wants to play, he certainly has an odd way of showing it.

-His partner in crime, the struggling and previously benched hybrid safety Eric Reid, spent a whopping 3 whole games out of football and had already lost grievances against the league and Cincy, had taken a prove it  deal Carolina and then earned a lucrative contract after the season.

-All the other kneelers who were quality players, remained in the league.

All this and more I think crushed their case.

In the end, the NFL probably had little interest in their inner workings and backroom deals getting leaked to the public and Kaep/Reid realized that they were going to lose the case in the long run.

So settlement.. 

NFL probably covered the legal fees and then tossed in a little extra to make it so that the activist wouldn't be able to speak on the matter anymore which killed the whole point of the lawsuit in the first place.

Mike Florio of PFT who was all over Kaeps junk from the moment he protested( even though right before he protested, Florio had been ripping Kaep for being garbage) retweets from Mike Freeman(a guy who was previously fired for lying) a $60-$80 mill figure that he had to reiterate later that it was pure speculation. He was reporting that some anonymous NFL officials speculated that number 

Of course no one cares about facts and so the Kaep supporters raised their fists in victory.

Later, Florio tries to quietly walk the number back.

Kaep is a loser and fraud. The nicest label he can possibly have is sellout.

I know I'm late to this but 100% agree with everything you wrote.

If it was EVER about social issues, why settle? This man has money on money. He tried to align himself with the everyday black man from the hood, even though he had never been him and never WOULD relate to him.

He jumped ship. Could have "righted wrongs" as he claims was the focus, and instead agreed to a secret settlement.

We won't hear a peep from him ever again.

As was said, best word for him is sellout. It was never, ever about social issues and anyone that believes that a scholared mixed man raised by rich white people can ever understand the thinkings, feelings, and hardships (perceived or real, self-imposed or circumstantial-- all debated between sides, debate 100% irrelevant to this point) of an inner city black man is lying. This guy has never been that guy, EVER, but used this social issue to leverage himself and dug in deep as his performance was tearing his starting job from him.

He doesn't know the black man from the hood and he's disingenuous for pretending his "plight" is the same. 

Pisses me off. And it should piss off inner city black people that this wolf in sheeps clothing used their rallying point to look out for #1.

4 hours ago, IFB DOG said:

If it was EVER about social issues, why settle? This man has money on money. He tried to align himself with the everyday black man from the hood, even though he had never been him and never WOULD relate to him.

He jumped ship. Could have "righted wrongs" as he claims was the focus, and instead agreed to a secret settlement.

We won't hear a peep from him ever again.

As was said, best word for him is sellout. It was never, ever about social issues and anyone that believes that a scholared mixed man raised by rich white people can ever understand the thinkings, feelings, and hardships (perceived or real, self-imposed or circumstantial-- all debated between sides, debate 100% irrelevant to this point) of an inner city black man is lying. This guy has never been that guy, EVER, but used this social issue to leverage himself and dug in deep as his performance was tearing his starting job from him.

He doesn't know the black man from the hood and he's disingenuous for pretending his "plight" is the same. 

Pisses me off. And it should piss off inner city black people that this wolf in sheeps clothing used their rallying point to look out for #1.

Maybe he has altruistic plans for the money?  People settle all the time if it makes sense to.

4 hours ago, boogyman said:

Maybe he has altruistic plans for the money?  People settle all the time if it makes sense to.

You don't think a bunch of racist messages and phone calls would force the NFL's hand? If they existed? There was no risk for the NFL to settle. His case would have generated more funds.

Do you trust Kaepernick with your money? I wouldn't. He is a snake.

39 minutes ago, IFB DOG said:

You don't think a bunch of racist messages and phone calls would force the NFL's hand? If they existed? There was no risk for the NFL to settle. His case would have generated more funds.

Do you trust Kaepernick with your money? I wouldn't. He is a snake.

I do t know anything. In these matters however, I typically try to see it from all sides and not infer my own opinion. Who's knows? I was just presenting another side